Home

Does the dev team even know what republic clone troopers are?

Fortnox

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The Commander classes probably change for different maps.

Probably not. I have seen, however, those camouflaged 41st troopers on Kashyyyk (most clones are still 501st though), and I haven't seen the Galactic Marines on Kashyyyk, so maybe at least one map has a different skin.

But it still makes NO SENSE, because the Commander should be Gree.

I do believe 2 things:

1) Changing my avatar is needed

2) Most retarded thread so far. Think about this s-l-o-w-l-y and logically. Do you realise how short the time is for BF2 to be made and what the deadline is? It's still a lot of work with balancing, map design etc, etc ad-infinitum. Also, they don't have the benefit of reading the books constantly (I'm thinking technical manuals) and watching the movies non-stop going "hey, that guy has a scorch on his shoulder plate!" At the end of the day, you, THE FANS demand a game that is going to be released within deadlines that would have Hideo Kojima commiting Hari-Kari.

Anyway, you want to wait another 2 years, and make a next-gen game based on the UT2007 engine, BF2 would get "Best game ever" award or something silly like that, but if the demo is co-inciding with the release of Ep3 on DVD, things have to get dropped along the way. It's called "games development". Pandemic are pros at making games. They'll deliver if people will stop crying that SBDs don't really have rockets etc.

just like KOTOR2 then? it really wouldn't be that hard to re-skin and add accesories to the models they have already done (they already have Baacara but have him as a "heavy trooper"! they should swtich them round possibly) it'd only take about 6 months at the most for the dev team to make the new skins+model edits and add them on, I'd rather wait a lil' longer.

SWBF2 is SWBF1 with a few addons. The modes of play are the hardest (and take the longest) to add to the game. The developers have to make the modes, then reprogram all the AI units to work with those modes. Adding one unit to each faction is not too hard. Its just adding a skin to a template and makeing a new AI. Adding new maps is not programming, its graphic design and a different department. The AI programming and testing/debuging of the entire game is what will take the longest.

Probably not. I have seen, however, those camouflaged 41st troopers on Kashyyyk (most clones are still 501st though), and I haven't seen the Galactic Marines on Kashyyyk, so maybe at least one map has a different skin.

But it still makes NO SENSE, because the Commander should be Gree.

If the commander was Gree wewould have people complaining about how Gree should be a Hero instead of a normal unit

If the commander was Gree wewould have people complaining about how Gree should be a Hero instead of a normal unit

Well then there shouldn't be a "Clone Commander" class. But having Gree, Cody, etc. is the only way for it to at least be a Clone Commander, even if yeah, it does mean that there would be multiple Gree's and such running around. But actually, if you do notice, there were several other clones on Mygeeto with the Bacara design, but only one of them was the real Bacara.

do they? they've had Windu alive in the temple attack, they have Jango on the battle for Kashyyk, they call the galactic marines "clone commander", and the actual commander, commander Baacara, "Heavy Trooper" >_> they gave Luke a green saber on Hoth (lazy buggers) and gave Aayla Secura two sabers (there must be a reason for this), even had 501st troopers on Utapu. and ofcorse, they gave the magna gaurds guns. and, they might even have the BOH. WHY would you want the BOH in a battle front game?! it's not designed for Jedi dueling! and apparently, Rebels that have LAAT's (Republic Gunships) in space. W. T. F. Yoda has his saber on Dagobah (altho that is cool, fighting as him in Degobah) somehow they have Palpatine on DStar2 WITH his red saber

let me re-phrase the title, have the dev team watched ANYTHING to do with Star Wars- ever?

so I ask you, dose the team just go on instinct, or guess work? did some one have to explain to them what Star Wars is when they signed up? or do they know more about Star Wars than we think, but are too lazy to skin a different trooper for each planet?

*edit* and I just heard that they have removed Rhen Var and Bespin, dammit they were some of my faverote maps, I love the bespin platforms map!

The reason why all this was done was to creates a little more excitement, more realistic, and better..there is nothing wrong with what they did!

The reason why all this was done was to creates a little more excitement, more realistic, and better..there is nothing wrong with what they did!

Um.. Explain how 501 troopers on Utapau, Magna guards on the front lines, Jango on Kashyyk, Boba on Yavin IV, and the Rebels having a Republic gunship make the game more realistic. There's nothing realistic about it! The 501 was never on Utapau, Magna guards are freaking body guards, Jango died on Geonosis, Boba never fought with the Empire on Yavin, And the Rebels never had gunships!

We don't know that Boba wasn't on Yavin, and the Rebels could have got gunships from the same manufacturer.

Would someone please tell me how you all seem to be sure that Jango is on Kashyyyk because i don't believe that he is.

P.S. The MagnaGuards and the 501st look great i don't care if they aren't historically accurate.

the "same manufacturer" is the kamino's >_> besides, even if you could get a gunship and use it in space, IT WOULD BE TOTALY USELESS! you can't use one is space! it isn't designed for it! IT CAN'T DOG FIGHT! it is designed to move like a helicopter, not really fast as needed for dog fighting! plus, the cock pit isn't sealed, the pilot would go flying out! its stupid.

the "same manufacturer" is the kamino's >_> besides, even if you could get a gunship and use it in space, IT WOULD BE TOTALY USELESS! you can't use one is space! it isn't designed for it! IT CAN'T DOG FIGHT! it is designed to move like a helicopter, not really fast as needed for dog fighting! plus, the cock pit isn't sealed, the pilot would go flying out! its stupid.

*Expects an EU freak to jump out of the shadows and smack you on the head, stating some crazy reasons on why gunships are the best space-superiority fighters*

If I were one of the Rebel's commanding officer, and I knew about the Kaminoans, I would order something else than a couple of gunships.

Anyway, having a gunship flying around in space, dodging shots from star destroyers and TIE fighters is just not right. I really hope the devs have a little more imagination.

Care to show where you got your information?

What information? I only gave a suggestion, the only information i had was that Rothana Heavy engineering made them.

Except that we do know that he wasn't.

We never saw the Rebels on Cloud City or Mos Eisley, and when were Green lightsaber Luke and Vader ever on the same battlefield? Why question Boba Fett being playable on Yavin (which is cool) and not all the inconveivable things that happened with BF1?

P.S. Gunships in space just ain't right, the only explanation that i can think of is that they put them in because they hadn't finished the Rebel space transport that is going to be in the full game.

What information? I only gave a suggestion, the only information i had was that Rothana Heavy engineering made them.

Don't suggest things that you just made up right on the spot that you know are wrong.

We never saw the Rebels on Cloud City or Mos Eisley, and when were Green lightsaber Luke and Vader ever on the same battlefield? Why question Boba Fett being playable on Yavin (which is cool) and not all the inconveivable things that happened with BF1?

Actually I do believe in the EU there were some Alliance troops who liberated Cloud City after the Empire fell but the garrison was still there. Yeah though there wasn't any Rebel vs. Imperial battles in Mos Eisely. And like I've been saying, Luke and Vader on the battlefield are wrong, just like having Boba is.

You don't have to be so hostile, this is a discussion board and i was merely atemping to discuss what was being talked about, i see nothing wrong with what i said.

I fail to see how you're discussing something by making up something on the spot, basically being an apologist.

Archived