Home

Does the dev team even know what republic clone troopers are?

Fortnox

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply
guys its just a fun game.

Fixed.

Maybe it was just a coincidence that the galactic marines were with bacara he might just have elite clones

That doesn't make sense. Just use the analogy that someone else made... it'd be like putting a Snowtrooper in place of the Imperial Officer. It doesn't make sense, and the only reason people aren't all fighting the Clone Commander is mainly because of a lack of knowledge of which clone is really which. If it were something like a Snowtrooper switched with an Imperial Officer, more people might actually notice something's not right here. But even then, I'm sure there'd be the rabid fanboys coming out trying to defend something like that.

i mean there is no reason to fight AM I RIGHT.

I don't know. I guess not, because no way would the developers actually fix it. But we might as well bring it to the attention of potential buyers, am I right?

I agree that the faults should be pointed out, but they should be with less emotion. Let the reader decide weather the game is good or not. Just point out the things that are wrong (such as color markings). Don't add emotions.

In response the vehicle weak points, looks like I need to pratice sniping more...

So, how many "non-geek" Star Wars fans can tell Clones apart? I mean, Bacara's lot don't jog my memory at all even though I've seen the screenshot they're in. (And watched ep III). Most people who'll buy this game will be "WTF?" anyway, then learn, "Okay, clone commander" then they'll start blowing them away. It's called "not being a newb".

----------

Zerted, I'm guessing that this only because it's a Star Wars game. I mean, I hardly see a whole "let's list all the bugs of the game" even for Splinter Cell and MGS forums (well, not before at least half the forum have clocked it twice already).

BF2 is NOT marketed towards Star Wars Geeks. That's why they wont go into so much deatil with clone skins etc. They know the average gamer is under 30 (who doesn't clock up 24+ hours on messege boards ;) ) and who likes the films but isn't interested in the books, or many of the other Star Wars games.

Think about this logically, could you market a game to the outside world if it was so anal to detail that you'd put casual fans right off? You know that "credible media sources" like to advertise games and right now, the only realism is expected in "Kill the Muslim" war games, sadly.

Not to say that they couldn't get skins and so on done, but they wont, as ultimately, from their point of view (and the expected "bling" they'll soon receive) why bother.

OKE GUYS STOP WHINING IF U DONT LIKE WHAT THE DEVS DID THEN DONT GET THE GAME OR EVEN BE ON THIS FORUM!!!!!!!!!!

So dont whine u all!!!!!

AND ALSO

maybe the Clone Commander just wears the same armour as galactic marine same coutns with heave trooper and bacara sincen its not the ONLY armnour made of that type u also saw Commander Neya with another guy on treir speederbikes in ep 3 THEY BOTH HAD THE XACT SAME ARMOUR now stop whineing! i do agree on the 501st troops on Utapau that is completely WRONG!

Please don't double post, edit the first one to add your addendums. Fixin double posts makes me tired. Also, we can read just fine without using the caps lock key. Big letters aren't any easier to read. ~ET

Because there are no non-geek Star Wars fans. :xp:

Well, you ain't getting on MTV by being Geeky. You gotta be cool, rad, preferably black. "YouknowwhatI'msaying?"*

*Don't call me up on racial steroytyping, please. I'm the wrong side of 256 shades of Grey, according to the Bush admin.

OKE GUYS STOP WHINING IF U DONT LIKE WHAT THE DEVS DID THEN DONT GET THE GAME OR EVEN BE ON THIS FORUM!!!!!!!!!!

So dont whine u all!!!!!

What an intelligent and well-written post. Whining? I think you're the one whining. Whining about the critisism about SWBF2. So stop whining.

AND ALSO

maybe the Clone Commander just wears the same armour as galactic marine same coutns with heave trooper and bacara

May I ask if you have a source to back this up?

sincen its not the ONLY armnour made of that type u also saw Commander Neya with another guy on treir speederbikes in ep 3 THEY BOTH HAD THE XACT SAME ARMOUR

Neyo's armor is not in SWBF2.

Wait...is there even a Clone Commander? I mean, you have Jedi as Generals, but where does the millitary ranks come into this? Where are intel officers, paper-pushers, briefing and staffing crew? Who's giving the orders? What's the chain of command and where are all the lieutents?

Now the big question is what their uniforms are. Damn..

do they? they've had Windu alive in the temple attack, they have Jango on the battle for Kashyyk, they call the galactic marines "clone commander", and the actual commander, commander Baacara, "Heavy Trooper" >_> they gave Luke a green saber on Hoth (lazy buggers) and gave Aayla Secura two sabers (there must be a reason for this), even had 501st troopers on Utapu. and ofcorse, they gave the magna gaurds guns. and, they might even have the BOH. WHY would you want the BOH in a battle front game?! it's not designed for Jedi dueling! and apparently, Rebels that have LAAT's (Republic Gunships) in space. W. T. F. Yoda has his saber on Dagobah (altho that is cool, fighting as him in Degobah) somehow they have Palpatine on DStar2 WITH his red saber

let me re-phrase the title, have the dev team watched ANYTHING to do with Star Wars- ever?

so I ask you, dose the team just go on instinct, or guess work? did some one have to explain to them what Star Wars is when they signed up? or do they know more about Star Wars than we think, but are too lazy to skin a different trooper for each planet?

*edit* and I just heard that they have removed Rhen Var and Bespin, dammit they were some of my faverote maps, I love the bespin platforms map!

Have you nothing better to do than complain!! theyve made 2 great games and all you can do is criticize them for doing somethings you dont like!!! Can't you just accept what you get!! :smash::smash::smash::smash:

And games can't always be fairly judged by their screenshots!! The game could be totally different from the screens!! And does it have to be faithful to the movies if its fun! And how do you know Commander Bacara is the only one with that uniform!!!

I don't know about you guys, but I can't tell the clones apart.

I mean sure, if you showed me a picture of a guy in yellow with those pipes coming out of his head and held a gun to my head I'd say "pilot" and I think green is sergant or something, but that's about all I can really remember without looking it up or somebody telling me.

I had no clue who "Bacara" was until I read the ROTS VD. His name is never mentioned in the movie (and the people who saw it 15 times can tell me if I'm wrong there!). I remember Commander Cody, he wore Orange, but he was really the only "Clone" with a speaking role (yelling indistinct orders in the background doesn't count!).

As far as "non-geek" I think he means people who don't obsessively read the guide books and own large amounts of merchandise, etc. so they "know every fact" about the franchise.

There are definatley levels of geekiness. Most of my "recognition" about what vehicle is what and what rank is what is based on playing the games over and over and over again... not from some inate knowledge I got from just watching the movies.

A baseline for a Star Wars fan is somebody who liked any Star Wars movie and thus calls themselves a "fan." They don't need to be a walking encyclopedia of Star Wars (and thus a geek!). ;)

Now some would say that "liking Star Wars makes you a geek" but I don't think that's true at all. Star Wars is not really a "cult" film (not anymore anyway), it's rather mainstream. Some fans are more obsessed than others. So the casual fan is not going to know or care when he sees a Clone Scout using the wrong gun or whatnot. And as far as the vehicles go, typically there are two names for everything.. a "technical name" and a slang name. So you for example you have the "Juggernaut HAVw A6" which is also called the "Republic Turbo Tank." Both names are official!

I know what people are arguing here about getting the details right, but I also recognize that there is probably a point where most people don't care, and so the developers didn't feel obligated to go that extra mile. They obviously aren't at the level of geek that some of us are. ;)

When it comes to Star Wars, if it's not in the games I play frequently or in the movies, I tend to not be very knowledgeable and need to look it up. I admit it!

When it comes to SWBF2 I think it's OPEN SEASON for complaints, because the game is still in beta.

Guess what Pandemic did? They opened up the beta to the public. Which means WE GET TO CRITICIZE IT! They want us to question it, point out faults, flaws, problems, bugs, etc.

So no, we should NOT be "satisfied with what we get." Pandemic themselves don't want us to do that! Otherwise they would have just kept it an internal closed beta and ignored us.

So telling the whiners to shut up is undoing what the company is trying to do, which is solicite information from us to improve their product for us, because we're their target audience!

Is there something to be said for constructive criticism? Sure. But we need not be quiet about our complaints! And if some people are a little more aggressive, BUT IF THEY ARE RIGHT, why shoot the messenger?

They're not done yet!

The other thing is, in this beta, some things may be different than the final game. So if something is in there you like, be ware, because they might change it before the final version!

I think it has improved in many areas, gotten worse in a few areas, and not changed (where it should have) in several more. So I hope they continue extensive work on it until it comes out, and continue to work on it through patches thereafter (as I'm sure they won't get everything done by that Nov1st rush date).

I'm glad someone understands!!! :king1:

But you know what you never see??? A COMPLIMENTS FORUM!!!

No one ever bothers to thank these guys for their hard work and for making such a great game!!! I hereby compliment them for a marvelous game, for such dazzling work and for such a wonderful inlet into the world of Star Wars!!

Thank you!

You're the :king1::king1::king1::king1: s

yeah poor guys of panademic they spent a year and a half to make a game to enyoy us (apart of the money that they are gonna to have) and we are bla bla bla,not realistic,bla bla bla,this game sucks bla bla bla cmon be good persons guys

salutes from your spanish friend!! Panademic are da best!

Archived