Home

Does the dev team even know what republic clone troopers are?

Fortnox

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

*uses a fire extinguisher on the thread* we don't wnat to turn this into a flame argument ppl, lets forget it.

P.S. Gunships in space just ain't right, the only explanation that i can think of is that they put them in because they hadn't finished the Rebel space transport that is going to be in the full game.

good point, hopefuly it was a temporary model repalcement for a A-Wing, B-Wing or something

Well the gunship if it was used as a temporary model would probably be used to represent the rebel transport, not a B-wing (although I still hope that this is in the game) which is a starfighter. They will probably just use some obscure EU ship or maybe just make one up. I would prefer either to the clone gunship for the alliance.

I know what you mean the Rebels having a gunship is just lazy on the developers part. The Clone Gunship isn't even a space craft so im pretty sure that they'll have replaced the gunship, and it must be EU because i can't think of anything from the movies that could be a Rebel shuttle. Maybe just an Imperial shuttle? (Tyderium) but i doubt it.

It's amazing to see how TK is talented when it comes down to starting bloody debates :)

We don't want to get this locked, so we'd better go back on topic.

Debating over whether or not the gunship will fly in space is, as of now, pointless. We don't even know if it will be like that in the retail version of the game. Like someone must have said since the creation of this thread, we should continue this after the game is released.

Well i really think he didnt mean sim in meaning of the little sucky "Sims" i think he meant it as Star Wars Simulation....but dont say it 2 loud....maybe some day LA tries to get more money with a new Game "The Star Wars Sims"...."Create ur own imperial Family, get a job in Darth Vaders Star Destroyer and meet ur neighbours for new Friendships...." Well a Sims clone based on Star Wars....anyway it would be fun to phone Vader and invite him to ur Stormtrooper Party :vsd:

but this wents to much off topic

Cows=tasty!

Fortnox, I meant that BF2 is not going to be a realistic simulation of the events of Star Wars, because the movies aren't realistic. In a three on one fight, the US Marine corps would out gun any Storm trooper that even tried to lift it's blaster. The rebels would always win in the end, the droids would always loose...ho-hum.

The way I see it, the best thing is to screw history and let it play out, what if the CIS had claimed Kamino, or Grievous had won the battle of Coruscant, so on and so forth. It's much more entertaining.

But with realism, all soldiers would be fighting on a level that would make the Iraq wars look pleasant. I mean, in real life I should be able to make suicide rebels rigged with thermal detonators, or for Storm trooper armour to actually be effective, or for the CIS to have developed some anti-human WMDs against unsuited clones, so on and so forth.

There's "Star Wars" realism, which is to say, little, or there's "Real-life" realism, which is messy, bloody and cruel, although personally, if I was Grievous, I would have ordered all ships to neutron nuke Coruscant and win the Clone Wars in less than 10 minutes, but that's just me.

In a three on one fight, the US Marine corps would out gun any Storm trooper that even tried to lift it's blaster.

Except that Stormtrooper armor is bullet-proof, and the bullets would never even penetrate.

or for the CIS to have developed some anti-human WMDs against unsuited clones, so on and so forth.

Actually they did. They put it inside these big droids and had them do suicide runs at the clones. Clones blow up the droid, boom - toxin goes everywhere.

Archived