Home

Does the dev team even know what republic clone troopers are?

Fortnox

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey Pho3nix, you read VGCats too? Cool.

-------------------------------

TK, just adding...

Wait, suicide bombers in Star Wars? You'll be telling me there's a 911 scene in Ep 3 now? It wasn't something Lucas created I'm sure. *shrugs*

Can't say that Stormie armour gives much protection if even stones dropped from height can brain one, (Ewok power!) and a decent machine gun round can penetrate vehicles. Heck, a heavy assault rifle will kill anything bar a tank and non-grounded aircraft. (OK and ships, to be fussy).

Wait, suicide bombers in Star Wars? You'll be telling me there's a 911 scene in Ep 3 now? It wasn't something Lucas created I'm sure. *shrugs*

Early in the war, that trait was employed in suicide runs by octuptarra droids towards clone trooper enemies. The Separatists had developed biological weapons that specifically targeted the identical genome shared by all the clone troopers. The central hollows within the ball-shaped brains of the octuptarra droid stored the virus in gaseous form, earning these droids the nickname of virus droids.

Not seen in the movies but still just a little story... ;)

Can't say that Stormie armour gives much protection if even stones dropped from height can brain one, (Ewok power!) and a decent machine gun round can penetrate vehicles. Heck, a heavy assault rifle will kill anything bar a tank and non-grounded aircraft. (OK and ships, to be fussy).

I'm sure .50 cal would do the trick, but a standard M16 couldn't puncture it. And hey, the armor may be strong, but it ain't impact-resistant. Rocks don't count! :)

...I'm sure .50 cal would do the trick, but a standard M16 couldn't puncture it. And hey, the armor may be strong, but it ain't impact-resistant. Rocks don't count! :)

Simple solution: Its a type of a Goa'uld design. Lasers and bullets move fast, so they are stopped. Rocks are slow and get through. (Though the lasers burn through after a few shots. Afterall, its the enegry shield in the form of wearable armor, not an energy bubble)

"<i>Goa'uld Energy Shield

All Goa'uld capital ships and some Goa'uld leaders utilize energy shielding for protection. In the case of personal shielding, the shield's power is directly proportional to the kinetic energy of the projectile it is blocking. This makes the shield powerless against slow moving projectiles, like arrows.</i>" from Stargate at Wikipedia

I don't think we can compare laser based weapons with bullet guns. We do have laser weapons, but nothing like Star Wars'.

un... why are we talking about stargate, this is a starwars fourm, and alough bulletguns for BF2 would bee cool, how would the jedi delect bullets? unless suddenly lucasarts give jedis Neo/Matrix powers, but you don't want me to get into that....

added later... and besides, they will have heros other then jedi, like leia, han, commander cody and other people covering for luke and vader on the battfield, oh and did i say veers?

un... why are we talking about stargate, this is a starwars fourm, and alough bulletguns for BF2 would bee cool, how would the jedi delect bullets? unless suddenly lucasarts give jedis Neo/Matrix powers, but you don't want me to get into that....

They couldn't deflect them, just burn them up with the blade. And actually, there were Matrix moves in JK2 and JA for Force-users...

actually the lightsaber prodouced a light blade taht is thinner than a few moucloes of atoms put together, so it can cut through anything, so if someone shoots towards a jedi's forhead and the jedi cuts the bullet, it would split in half and have the effect of 2 bullets instead of just one on the jedi's forhead... not a good idea....

but still it would be cool if jedis had matrix powers! i know it would be totally messed up and stuff but still, coolness is everthing and luke does have a blue saber on hoth!!!!

oh you mean like the JA side wall run and stuff, taht move is cool.

do they? they've had Windu alive in the temple attack, they have Jango on the battle for Kashyyk, they call the galactic marines "clone commander", and the actual commander, commander Baacara, "Heavy Trooper" >_> they gave Luke a green saber on Hoth (lazy buggers) and gave Aayla Secura two sabers (there must be a reason for this), even had 501st troopers on Utapu. and ofcorse, they gave the magna gaurds guns. and, they might even have the BOH. WHY would you want the BOH in a battle front game?! it's not designed for Jedi dueling! and apparently, Rebels that have LAAT's (Republic Gunships) in space. W. T. F. Yoda has his saber on Dagobah (altho that is cool, fighting as him in Degobah) somehow they have Palpatine on DStar2 WITH his red saber

let me re-phrase the title, have the dev team watched ANYTHING to do with Star Wars- ever?

so I ask you, dose the team just go on instinct, or guess work? did some one have to explain to them what Star Wars is when they signed up? or do they know more about Star Wars than we think, but are too lazy to skin a different trooper for each planet?

*edit* and I just heard that they have removed Rhen Var and Bespin, dammit they were some of my faverote maps, I love the bespin platforms map!

Well it's a beta, so I expect some of that stuff to change, but bear in mind these were the guys who did Battlefront. Movie accuracy doesn't seem high on their list. There were no Dark Troopers anywhere in the movies, and yet we have them in every major Imperial battle for example. Likewise since when are ARC Troopers on Geonosis, much less as Rocket Launcher users? Super Battle Droids fighting on Naboo? Etc.

You could rationalize some of the stuff as "what if" battles and including material freely borrowed from EU sources (the LAAT's in space comes from the Clone Wars series), but still. ;) It's a game, they're taking all sorts of shortcuts. Sadly, movie-purists won't get their fix this way, without mods...

I wasn't too fond of Bespin (horrible to play single player.. bad hot spots for example). But Rhen Var I liked a lot, and I never even heard of it before I played this game. The Clone Wars versions were some of the most fun in the game I thought. Here I thought this game was supposed to "replace" SWBF1... leaving the only reason to play SWBF1 on the PC at all was for the AOTC style clone troopers. If they start deleting maps that kinda defeats the purpose... :p

Hopefully they'll add them back in the (inevitable) first patch...

Wait, did somebody mention "jedi duels"?

Are those even POSSIBLE in this game? I thought you either were limited to one Jedi per map (so one side doesn't get them?)... and even if that isn't true, how about the actual combat.

In SWBF1's playable Jedi Mod the Jedi have exactly ONE SWING since that's all the AI Jedi got, an instant kill move. So how do you duel with that? Are they being given a repetoire of moves and blocks? If a Jedi is based on time (and not damage, somebody correct me if I'm wrong, doing it with both seems sensible enough), what good is a duel? You'd just have two invincible warriors hacking into each other constantly, until their time was up and they walk off the map. What's the point in that?

Or am I wrong and did they add in the ability for two Jedi to fight one another on the battle field rather than just distract each other?

U ever played JK (doesnt matter which one)? Jedi Battles are exactly what u said, 2 Peeps with a saber hacking each other until 1 dies (is the same like leaving the battlefield), but back to ur Question, in the Chatlog (dunno which thread the link is) they mentioned a Celibrity Deathmatch Mode, where everyone can be a Hero, so in Fact it means on a 18 Peeps Server in the worste case

9 Obi Wans Vs. 9 Jango Fetts or even lets say 9 Windus Vs 9 Dookus, to the question about the duels, well its not like in Moviebattles 2 where u have Attack on 1st Mouse Button and Block on 2nd Mouse button, in SWBF Jedi share the first button for attack and Block, and switching the mode is more difficult to just press another button, anyway since Swinging the Lightsaber doesnt cost anything u can swing a lifetime until ur time runs out, so the one who blocks first may wait forever until the other one stops attacking and start blocking himself...

any Special Moves, no just the normal rolling like the troops in SWBF i think and Force Jump...if the Jedi are immune to forces like push, pull, choke and Lightning there wont be much funny duels like in other games, than its just a stupid "Who hits first, wins" ok thats realistic but wont be much fun in the case of duelling....well it would even su** if the jedi cant lose their Lightsaber, otherwise they would just Saberthrow spam each other...That Saberthrow Spam is not possible in Movie Battles 2, if u throw ur opponent will block it in 97% of all cases and u lose ur lightsaber, and in some cases ur force resistence so u can get pushed or chocked around, etc...the SWBF2 Team (if they really want to add good Jedi) they should play Movie Battles 2 and copy some things, cause MB2 Jedis/Sith are the best ive ever seen in a Star Wars game...

and to all this "Jedi are overpowered in MB2" Cryers....i played MB2 long enough i know they are everything but not overpowered...even a single Soldier can take out some Jedi/Sith alone...get Reinforcements so u have 3 lifes, get a Grenade so u can 1 hit kill the Saberman with some skill + luck and if u are getting pushed around, try the walk or crouch button....walking or crouching gunner are immune to push and pull (atleast they dont fall over, they just get pushed back or pulled a bit closer) and a force using jedi is very very easy to damage, he cant deflect if he uses push, pull or whatever he wants..but thats a different game, too bad in my eyes....a combination of Battlefront and Moviebattles may become the best selling star wars game ever imo

U ever played JK (doesnt matter which one)? Jedi Battles are exactly what u said, 2 Peeps with a saber hacking each other until 1 dies (is the same like leaving the battlefield),

No way. I have played JK1 (played it for 3 years, along with MotS!). The saber fighting in JK1 was much more complex than just one swing. Likewise it was a double swing so you could time it to hit your opponent at different parts. The saber in SWBF1 is like your typical FPS "no ammo" weapon.. your crowbar, axe, fist. It's a single strike no range hit. There's no blocking whatsoever (in SWBF1 the Jedi simply block everything, regardless of if it hits their blade or not, or else they block nothing, as in the Killable Jedi mod). In JK1/MotS you additionally had the primary swing which had 7 swings (6 plus the swing you used while swimming in water) that you could use in battle. And in MotS you could throw your saber! This is a far cry from the simplicity of SWBF1. SWBF's version is like having a crowbar duel in Half Life 1.

JK2/JA are an entirely different animal of course. While some people do just swing randomly and other people use only one move, you'd be hard pressed to prove that all duels are won only by one move and there is no skill involved (just watch, a huge debate will erupt, I'll sit that one out if that's the case, thanks!).

So my question is, will it be possible to have an actual duel in SWBF2, or not? Unless they modify the Jedi combat to an advanced degree, I hazard to say it won't be anything close...

but back to ur Question, in the Chatlog (dunno which thread the link is) they mentioned a Celibrity Deathmatch Mode, where everyone can be a Hero, so in Fact it means on a 18 Peeps Server in the worste case

9 Obi Wans Vs. 9 Jango Fetts or even lets say 9 Windus Vs 9 Dookus, to the question about the duels, well its not like in Moviebattles 2 where u have Attack on 1st Mouse Button and Block on 2nd Mouse button, in SWBF Jedi share the first button for attack and Block, and switching the mode is more difficult to just press another button, anyway since Swinging the Lightsaber doesnt cost anything u can swing a lifetime until ur time runs out, so the one who blocks first may wait forever until the other one stops attacking and start blocking himself...

Interesting. This would imply that the heroes are killable (unless the goal is simply to complete your objectives before your characters all run out, but then the title "deathmatch" implies your goal is rather to kill the enemy). The question still remains, can the Jedi "duel" or just hack each other until one person runs out of health?

any Special Moves, no just the normal rolling like the troops in SWBF i think and Force Jump...if the Jedi are immune to forces like push, pull, choke and Lightning there wont be much funny duels like in other games, than its just a stupid "Who hits first, wins" ok thats realistic but wont be much fun in the case of duelling....

My point exactly. The Jedi as is either block everything (pointless) or block nothing (no duel possible). Just run up to the guy and swing first, you win!

Honestly it would not bug me heavily if it was not possible to duel in this game, but they shouldn't advertise it (and fans shouldn't hope for it) if it's indeed just your usual one hit kill no range one swing and that's it.

well it would even su** if the jedi cant lose their Lightsaber, otherwise they would just Saberthrow spam each other...That Saberthrow Spam is not possible in Movie Battles 2,

Saber Throw spam isn't possible in basejka (Jedi Academy 1.01) either, because the move uses up mana. The trouble happens only on servers where screw with forceregentime, making all moves that use up mana spammable.

if u throw ur opponent will block it in 97% of all cases and u lose ur lightsaber, and in some cases ur force resistence so u can get pushed or chocked around, etc...the SWBF2 Team (if they really want to add good Jedi) they should play Movie Battles 2 and copy some things, cause MB2 Jedis/Sith are the best ive ever seen in a Star Wars game...

Honestly? The trouble with Jedi is you have to balance them vs. gunners AND against other Jedi. And this too in a game where you make Jedi "special" as a class that's not allowed to use other weapons (in the JK series the Dark/Jedi were generally the everyman soldier who just happened to have the ability to use force and saber when the situation called for it).

and to all this "Jedi are overpowered in MB2" Cryers....i played MB2 long enough i know they are everything but not overpowered...even a single Soldier can take out some Jedi/Sith alone...get Reinforcements so u have 3 lifes, get a Grenade so u can 1 hit kill the Saberman with some skill + luck and if u are getting pushed around, try the walk or crouch button....walking or crouching gunner are immune to push and pull (atleast they dont fall over, they just get pushed back or pulled a bit closer) and a force using jedi is very very easy to damage, he cant deflect if he uses push, pull or whatever he wants..but thats a different game, too bad in my eyes....a combination of Battlefront and Moviebattles may become the best selling star wars game ever imo

The thing is, if the Jedi in SWBF2 are bonuses, and HEROES they they would be expected to be STRONGER than your average soldier, not "balanced." A powerup is called a powerup for a reason! Honestly Jedi should be stronger than your average soldier (the stupidity of the Prequel movie Jedi nonwithstanding of course). The fact that they made them a powerup rather than a class you could regularly pick allows them to beef up the character a bit if they want. Saying the Jedi should be balanced in SWBF2 is like arguing that the Quad Damage should be "balanced" with the players who don't have it in Quake3.

As I see it the Jedi are more powerful than your average soldier, but weaker than a player in a combat vehicle, so it's fine. Unless the person who's the Jedi has no idea what they're doing, they should have a (temporary) advantage. That's the point.

well if u see the heroes as a powerup/bonus (like they are) it would be useless to make em stronger than the normal gunner, since Vehicles are not the bonus or powerup u have to earn like a hero for a period of time, if the gunner is underpowered, he will jump into a vehicle and "hide" there until the jedi runs out of time or just help him to leave the battlefield quicker, with his guns.

back to the CD Mode, dunno if its there a special Arena or map, cause i think it would suck if u have 9 Yodas Vs 9 Vaders...if they make such a mode they should free it from the Map Limitations, that means, EVERYONE can choosen EVERY Hero he wants, so in conclusion it may be Luke, Ben, Leia, Han, Chewbacca Vs. Vader, Boba, etc. u know? that would be a great game mode otherwise it really just would be a "Clone Wars" game mode...

I just saw 1 Duel in 1 Movie that was Griev Vs. Obi, and it didnt look like a funny duel since both were just standing around, Obi Instant Blocking unable to attack, and Griev swinging like mad without any exhaustion...im sure there will be some servers where u can try to duel, and i hope then it would not be such a dissapointment like it looks now

I'm sure .50 cal would do the trick, but a standard M16 couldn't puncture it. And hey, the armor may be strong, but it ain't impact-resistant. Rocks don't count! :)

Well, I can assure you, that most "decent" assault rifles have a higher penetration and impact force than a rock. Anyway, I believe George was making it up as he went along.

As I see it the Jedi are more powerful than your average soldier, but weaker than a player in a combat vehicle, so it's fine. Unless the person who's the Jedi has no idea what they're doing, they should have a (temporary) advantage. That's the point.

Interesting point, although in many FPS there is the problem of people just lurking around the powerups or just finding the quickest route to get the most pick-ups in the easiest way (I'm guilty of that, I'll never attack at below 110 health!) I dunno if this might make online play too dominated by people wanting to be the Jedi and just killing for the bonus, rather than actually as part of a team.

Thats why i want em balanced and not to be uber compared to the grunts

again the time to compare SWBF with MB2, in MB2 the SaberFighters are balanced and they are not that uber used like everyone thinks, beeing a jedi there is not a guarantee to win, if u rush ur enemy (even if they are just 2 soliders) u will surely lose until ur not the mega Skiller and the gunners suck...Jedis without teamplay in MB2 are doomed just like anyone else who thinks he is a 1 man army and can kill the whole team alone..if u force em to be teamplayers there wont be pure Jedi Vs. Sith servers, if they hold em like they are, Invincible Monster Instant Kill Tanks, there wont be any teamplay from the hero player, he will just go on a rampage until his time runs out....

anyway here the quote from the devchat about the CD :

RoakanaZombie: Think of it more like Quad Damage or a boss unit in other games. Its a cool and unique experience but rare. The one exception to this is Celebrity Deathmatch where everyone can be a hero. That is pretty cool.

and heres the link to the whole Log :

Click me, Im a Link

well if u see the heroes as a powerup/bonus (like they are) it would be useless to make em stronger than the normal gunner, since Vehicles are not the bonus or powerup u have to earn like a hero for a period of time, if the gunner is underpowered, he will jump into a vehicle and "hide" there until the jedi runs out of time or just help him to leave the battlefield quicker, with his guns.

But it's also true that not every map has vehicles, and there isn't a vehicle for every player on a team, you often find yourself without access to one. A Jedi can appear "anytime" or "anywhere." If a Jedi can be taken out easily by a single guy with a gun, what's the point of granting it as a bonus? You actually would be becoming weaker, because instead of a guy with a ranged attack you're now a guy who can only kill by getting right up in somebody's face.

I just saw 1 Duel in 1 Movie that was Griev Vs. Obi, and it didnt look like a funny duel since both were just standing around, Obi Instant Blocking unable to attack, and Griev swinging like mad without any exhaustion...im sure there will be some servers where u can try to duel, and i hope then it would not be such a dissapointment like it looks now

Ah, more movie unrealism, since the two can't fight the way they did in the movies! (no whipping out blasters or electrostaves or getting into vehicles)

Anyway, doesn't sound like a duel to me, more like what I was saying about SWBF1's Jedi given controllability. Sounds like people will try it at first until they realize it's no fun and then give up. The only reason I can see to attack another melee weapon Hero would be just to distract them from your teammates.

There would be no point at all to "teamplay" among Jedi because you only ever get one per team. Unless you mean a Jedi supporting a group of grunts. But what's the point... all things being equal, a grunt with a gun is more useful than a grunt with a melee weapon. So being a Jedi would be a disadvantage under your system methinks...

well the point of granting em as a bonus should be then a skill question not a "if u get the 2 first kills u will be God over a period of time" thing... dunno how about u but i would like a bonus that i can make my team stronger with helping em as a balanced jedi more than a God Mode One Person Rampage Bonus..

well if that griev Obi thing doesnt sound like a duel for u, i think we both will be dissapointed in the point of duelling since that was the only scene where 2 Saberfighters are close to eachother in SWBF2 and "fighting"

well the point of granting em as a bonus should be then a skill question not a "if u get the 2 first kills u will be God over a period of time" thing... dunno how about u but i would like a bonus that i can make my team stronger with helping em as a balanced jedi more than a God Mode One Person Rampage Bonus..

Actually the "skill" is earning the Jedi in the first place. Why bother making being a Jedi require greater skill after that?

Take the game Rune for example. You deal enough damage and suddenly you get BLOODLUSTED! This means you're invulnerable and your strikes do HUGE damage, plus you're scary as hell because you make sound noises when you walk and your eyes glow read, etc. It's awesome. And it's completely skillless because you can just burn through anybody nearby, they'd be smart to run away! It's on a timer, and once it runs out you're back to normal. Getting hit just shortens your "bloodlust bar" a bit more. I don't see what's so objectionable about making the Jedi the same way.

Are the Jedi in MB2 "earned"? If they're not, then they can't be in any way compared I think.

Getting a Jedi in SWBF2 is akin to grabbing the Quad Damage in Quake3. People around you should go "oh s***" rather than "oh, he's just as weak us us he just can't shoot now."

Jedi already can be taken out easily by combat vehicles, why do we need to balance them with individual blaster carrying grunts? Is it to makeup for a lack of teamwork against them? Unlike Jedi Academy, this isn't a deathmatch game, so unless we're setting up a duel mode, I question the "wisdom" you're suggesting here, no offense!

well if that griev Obi thing doesnt sound like a duel for u, i think we both will be dissapointed in the point of duelling since that was the only scene where 2 Saberfighters are close to eachother in SWBF2 and "fighting"

Yeah. Was this a developer demonstration or just some players messing around? Because if they were demonstrating it you'd think they'd show us everything they had, ie... something done that they intended people to do. This sort of "dueling" is pathetic. I mean at least if you have two guys circle strafing around each other firing their rifles that's something. One guy slapping the other in the face and then the other slapping the first guy, that's not what we think of when we think of saber duels in the movies or the JK series, it's just not acceptable.

I think it was the second OFFICIAL Trailer which was showing that "Duel"

Dont tell me it takes skill to make the first 2 kills to become the hero, u just have to be the first on the server, get into a vehicle and rush the enemy, ok the Vehicles now have weak point and the engineers can slice peeps out of their vehicles but a vehicle remains stronger than a gunner so its not that difficult to "earn" the hero even if u raise the kill amount needed.... You dont have to be God to be scarry, even your skill can scare the enemy, if u got some, and even if the jedi would be balanced they wont be as weak as the grunts, the Force makes the difference, Force jump dont make em less balanced cause grunts have the jetpack as kinda equivalent even if u cant use it all the time...even a balanced class can be superior in the right hands...

which Jedi may become faster boring to play

1. the one with his god mode that doesnt need skill and his anti teamplay emphasis

or

2. The Jedi which can be a strong weapon and help for the Team if u have earned enough skill with it maybe in single player but without a frustrating godmode for the enemy

In my opinion would become the first 1 faster boring because if a Gunner sees a God Mode Jedi he will run into a vehicle and blast me until my Bonus leaves the battlefield....thats not fun to any side, neither the jedi player nor the grunt cause he cant kill me with his gun

In MB2 their not a bonus in that way of thinking, but if an unskilled jedi joins ur team its kinda useless for the team, so the Jedi/Sith in Movie Battles is a Bonus if u are skilled with it cause, how mentioned above, the force makes the difference, even if the jedi are balanced amongst the gunners

and of course the jedi/sith are not melee only in SWBF2, cause they have the force, u can even Lightning, Choke, Push or Pull the Grunts over a certain distance and throw ur saber so u are not doomed to melee only

Who knows... I imagined the "weak point" would be like on the space maps if you shoot a craft in a certain area it takes more damage than elsewhere (sort of like in JKA where you could destroy a wing to destroy a craft, rather than just shooting it all over). Area damage on vehicles is kind of a neat idea, but there's no way to defend against it... So essentially they're trying to make vehicles easier to destroy.

As to an engineer slicing somebody out of their vehicle, that sounds like the Pilot using his fusion cutter on a vehicle and the person inside it "pops out"... Is that correct?

How many times is that going to happen? Is it difficult? Wouldn't they notice the guy standing right next to them for a minute or so? Then again, perhaps not... and couldn't they jump back in?

Or does "slicing" a vehicle mean that the enemy becomes unable to use the vehicle anymore? More info please...

It's for the PS2, but surely relevant to the other versions (from your above link on Gamespy):

Those of you familiar with the original Battlefront will probably remember the behemoths we called vehicles. You know, those vehicles that took two rocket-launcher units nearly their entire stash of rockets to destroy. The same vehicles that could stay alive long enough to see the fall of the Empire (or the Rebellion, depending on how you played it). We've learned our lesson, and we've made a few improvements that will make both ground units and vehicle pilots very happy.

Let's start with making the infantry players happy. Have you ever dreamed of destroying an AT-ST with one well-aimed shot? Getting hoisted on the shoulders of your comrades as they chanted your name, dubbing you the "Chicken Killer?" Well, guess what? You can't. BUT, you can do it in less than two hits thanks to our new critical hit locations! Most of our ground vehicles are equipped with shiny new critical systems that will allow various weapons to dish out massive damage. Keeping the AT-ST as my test subject, a skilled Rebel Vanguard (the Alliance's rocket launcher unit) can cause some serious trouble if they discover and target the AT-ST's critical hit location. With just one well-aimed rocket, they can potentially tear through 75 percent of the AT-ST's health! I did say that a skilled Vanguard could do this. Finding the critical systems on each vehicle is one task. Hitting them is another.

Now, before I introduce you to some new vehicle features, I'll bring up one last bit of infantry information: slicing. Slicing is hacking, and hacking is car-jacking. Pull out your fusion cutter and rip your enemy out of their own vehicle! Take 'em out, steal their AT-ST (this sounds awfully familiar to an Endor moment, doesn't it?) and use their own vehicle against them!

I can already see those of you who pilot vehicles frowning. Do not fret! First of all, you're still incredibly deadly against infantry units, if not more so now. Secondly, critical systems can work in your favor as well. If you catch an enemy vehicle off guard, and you have a clear shot, you're more than welcome to send them home packing. Unlike infantry units, several vehicle ordnance types have the ability to cause enough critical damage and destroy another vehicle in just one attack.

I am just skimming the article here, but here's another interesting bit at the end:

We know everyone has their own style of play, and we like to think that Battlefront II caters to a wide variety of gamers. So going along with that logic, we thought it would be a great idea to diversify our starfighters. We've split them up into four categories: Scout, Multi-Purpose, Bombers, and Transports.

Scouts, like your A-wings, are fast and deadly dogfighters. Multi-Purpose starfighters, like your ARC-170 starfighter, are capable of both dogfighting and assaulting capital ships with equal effect. Bombers are your heavy hitters, so starfighters such as the TIE bomber are your best source of damage when targeting frigates and capital ships. Finally, we have Transports, such as the droid gunship. These mammoths allow you to successfully board enemy ships.

Any starfighter can land in an enemy hangar, but Transports have a few added perks. One such perk is being able to load up on passengers. Some of these ships can carry a crew of six from one capital ship to another with several gunner positions (each Transport is equipped with a Remote Rocket position) to man while making the trek. If that wasn't enough, once the ship docks in the enemy's hangar it becomes a mobile spawn point. As long as your Transport remains intact, you'll always have a spawn point right in the heart of the enemy's headquarters!

ouch... i'm confused, do any of you have lives outside of BF and BF2? i mean then are great games and all, and i play them alot and like them, but it's not the end of the world if there are plot problem and bugs in BF2, and remember this quote... "the jedi are not all powerful." and so aren't the people at lucasarts and pandemic. and besides who cares about small plot errors, the game is fair and we all have fun, that's the point of a game, to play it and have fun... not to argue over how everthing will be, and remeber everthing will be reveled in time, young one....

added later... and did you know that if a invin jedi hero get into a vehicle in BF1 and the vehicle was destroyer, the jedi would die like a normal trooper?

Archived