Home

Questions on the scale (answered)

Jmaster3265

To everyone who had questions and concerns regarding the games scale. Here is a question answered by someone who works on this game.

"In the E3 video, the scales look all wrong, and things were happening way to fast

The EaW that was shown at E3 was spcificly designed for E3. Ships were bigger for viewers, and battles accelerated so the viewer could get a basic showing of everything in the game. If u have seen earlier screenshots, u can see that the scales are far better."

Guest DarthMaulUK

Something I picked up from an interview over at Gamespot

GS = Gamespot JB = Joe Bostic

GS: One thing we're wondering about is whether the units are rendered to scale in the game. For example, did you modify unit sizes so that certain units look larger or smaller on the battlefield than they should to make them more clearly visible, or did you go for a 1:1 scale? It seems like space battles aren't to scale, since the fighters looked considerably larger than their counterparts in the movies.

JB: The sizes of units have been adjusted to lessen the extremes for visibility reasons. We are still adjusting sizes of some units, but they will be similar to that shown at E3. The game has almost every aspect controllable through text data files, so changing the scale is possible for the more adventurous technical players

DMUK

Yeah I guess it's time I dig up that old book on how to use XML.... lol no It looks okay, I just hope they tweak it a little better, which apparently they say they will. Eversince the day I zoomed in on some units from C&C Generals and noticed the men were bigger than the tanks I've been super picky on scale.

Archived