Home

Heroes and abilities

Jmaster3265

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, first of all, I'm not going to claim that any of this is how it will play out in this game, just so we are clear on this point. Too little info on this subject so far to say anything certain. :)

However, one way of recruiting would be by sending high ranking people already under your command (if you can call Vader under your command for instance :D ) on a mission to recruit new hero units on your side. Hero units could be anything from different officers (Jerjerrod, Thrawn, Tarkin I would presume :) ) which would give bonus's to your troops on the ground and/or crews on your ships (perhaps depending on the type of rank they can hold), to Boba Fett for instance, who's job is to assassinate, sabotage, espionage, dirty work like that. ;)

It's been said that you can acquire heroes by liberating/annexing their home world. So, that said, I assume that you start the game with your "core" heroes (Palpatine, Vader, Tarkin/Mon Mothma, Leia, Garm Bel Iblis), and as you acquire more worlds, more people join your cause. We must remember, this is not Star Wars: Rebellion; there is no recruiting, in that sense.

I must have missed that part. :)

That works too.

Either way, Slave 1 will most likely not be a hero unit as it is a machine that must be controlled by a living thing.

Just a small insert: This is Rebellion .. the way it should have been. ;)

no..in the interview they stated it's not like rebellion or SWGB

Hmm Boba Fett.... well I would hope that he could be recruited by the team who offers the best price. Because like you said he is a bounty hunter. Of course bounty hunters have a tendency to work for the bad guys lol

I'm pretty sure he will be empire only as he only worked for the empire out of the two factions in the films.

Bounty Hunters: Exhibit A

001.jpg

This is a theory some of us have, notice how the other imp heros have a red background? That is assumingly the "Imp color". Now notice that Boba does not have a colored background? So what we think this mean is that boba does not have a specific side and can go to the highest paying side.

Or he is simply marked as the one you have active as of this moment (as in the selected hero). :)

Not saying you are wrong though, it would be very coincidently if it is the way I said. ;)

Now, over to a more pressing matter .... red? The Imperial color is red? :confused:

What's the rebels color then? Blue?

(yes, it's late :D )

Now, over to a more pressing matter .... red? The Imperial color is red? :confused:

What's the rebels color then? Blue?

(yes, it's late :D )

I think it is green.

and no he isn't the selected hero at the time, the pic is from Little.B who was at the german convention, he was showing how Veers on the ground is in an AT AT, so veers would be the selected hero at the time.

I think the Red color is for dark side rather than imps.

It still breaks with the Star Wars feel. Not in a big way of course. ;)

But I just don't want this game to turn into another SWG that can't figure out which era it is supposed to be in and if it is supposed to be around the time of ANH-ESB (which it fails to portray in the case of most of the game) or Wing Commander (in the case of the Jump to Lightspeed expansion).

We've already heard the Devs claim that Rancors are indigenous to Tatooine. :rolleyes:

I just think rebels should be red mainly because in their old flight sim game, X-Wing and TIE Fighter the rebs were red colored and imperials were blue or green. Though it was reversed from X-Wing to TIE Figher i.e. In X-Wing Imps were red. So one could argue that the red only meant hostile. For some reason though red reminds me more of the rebels and blue of the empire.

EDIT: I just re-read my post, and I didnt mean the game X-Wing vs. Tie Fighter, I meant the game "X-Wing" and the game "TIE-Fighter". It did read a little confusing, so i just wanted to clearify.

I just think rebels should be red mainly because in their old flight sim game, X-Wing and TIE Fighter the rebs were red colored and imperials were blue or green. Though it was reversed from X-Wing to TIE Figher i.e. In X-Wing Imps were red. So one could argue that the red only meant hostile. For some reason though red reminds me more of the rebels and blue of the empire.

Thats because in every other stratergie game the cannon rebel color has been red and the cannon IMp has been red which is odd as in the force terms (used in Jedi knights series and KotOR series) red is used for Dark Side and blue is Light Side. So this could be the Devs reasoning for having Blue rebs and red IMPs although i would prefer it to be the Stratergy Cannon.

Just a small insert: This is Rebellion .. the way it should have been. ;)

Jan, you have made my day with that statement. when i first saw the trailer for EaW i instantly thought of Rebellion, which is evident in my "is EaW the new SW:Rebellion" thread. i think the recruiting in Rebellion worked just fine. my only change would have been that you'd have to recruit people from specific worlds instead of being able to get them all from one location. i know EaW won't be "like" Rebellion in the sense that you have to control every little aspect and function of the game, but it sounds like with the heroes and a Death Star you can use in battle and the fleet battle sequences from the trailer the basis of EaW is exactly like Rebellion. one special hero ability i really liked in Rebellion was Han Solo's M. Falcon effect, which for those who aren't familiar with Rebellion meant that any time Han travelled without a specific ship/fleet, he was assumed to be in the Falcon and travelled twice as fast as if on any other ship. that made sabotage missions much more efficient.

oh, and to actually stick to the subject of heroes, Boba Fett was never pro_Empire or anti-Alliance/Republic. in the books he states that as a bounty hunter he goes for whomever pays the best, but as far as politics he acknowledges whoever is in power as being the legitimate government and all that... he felt the Rebels were outlaws because they went against the "legitimate" government, but once the Empire fell and the New Republic and Galactic Alliance were in place he acknowledged them as the true government. he even appeared in one of the latter NJO books and fought alongside the Alliance against the Vong. so, my point is that while he may be considered a "bad guy" based on the movies the fact is he is just a hardened professional bounty-hunter and as a general rule the Rebs didn't like using bounty-hunters. that doesn't mean he would NOT work for them if the price was right and it did not conflict with his other jobs. as far as what they'd do in the game i say Fett should be hirable by either side, but i would expect him to be classified as a villain.

The red comes from the rebels banner, which is red. The blue from the Imps banner, which is blue.

It is only natural to mark the Rebels with bright red, and the Imperials with dark blue, like their banners/insignia.

However, in Star Wars, you can also see red in the Empire/Republic, such as the Imperial Guards, or the ship carrying Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon to Naboo in Ep.1, or the red stripe on Tantive IV. This color is signifying Senate/government connection. Leia was part of the Senate, so she gets a stripe on it to signify it's importance and what's protecting her (in this case, the Empire). Obi-Wan and Qui-Gons ride is all red, and not without reason. It is the personal ship of the current Supreme Chancellor. The all red guards was added by Palpatine over time, probably to play on the meaning the color red represent: "Don't mess with someone wearing this color, or you will regret it." :)

Kinda the way the lions think about the people living next to them somewhere in Afrika. The place name escapes me, but the lions have learned to not mess with the people dressed in bright red. :p;)

Archived