Home

Four-legged victims of Kathrina need help

Dagobahn Eagle

I visited the Web site of the old animal shelter I used to volunteer at, just out of nostalgia, and came across this page:

Dogs left behind in evacuations

C.A.P. (Houston) has some pretty bitter, self-righteous Web articles, which is an approach I do not care much for, but this is fairly important nonetheless. The shelter even has some animals that survived the hurricane and were evacuated to Houston.

I just thought this needed to be shared with people (and it is, after all, "my" old shelter, so I "have to" help out, right:p?).

I wish I was in Houston right now. I can't help much from here in Norway.

D. E.

PS: Whoever leaves their doggie to starve to death like this deserves to be beaten up and left to starve himself.

D. E.

PS: Whoever leaves their doggie to starve to death like this deserves to be beaten up and left to starve himself.

They had no choice. They wouldn't let animals on any of the busses, or anywhere. Those people were devistated at having to leave their family pets behind; but it was either leave the pets there and get to safety, or die themselves.

But still...They might have been able to get away with them...

But maybe that's not enough.

But still, i wouldn't have left my dog(s).

Whoa...I just noticed i started all the sentences with "but", and both the first and third sentence with "But still"

I forwarded the site to all my friends. I don't think a lot of people had a choice at least the ones that did not evacuate. A lot of people stayed with their pets. I think its horrible for these pets. If I could not take my pet with me I would not have tied him up. Animals are instinctive and maybe could have escaped or reached higher ground. I feel so bad for the pets. :(

Archived