Home

Requests for New Mod Utilities

tk102

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Does anyone think they can make a tool for opening up a module and pinpointing the exact coordinates so you can copy them into the gff editor so module building wont be so time consuming.

Not exactly sure about a tool, but there are actually "modders mods" out there, I haven't modded in a while, but from what I can recall, I believe DTrips, RH, and Cz all had various armbands with multiple functions, one of them being the ability of telling you the coordinates of the module where your PC is standing. Granted this requires actually running your game, as well as being in the module you want coordinates for, but there are also mods out there with armbands that will warp you from module to module ;) Old school modding at its finest.

How bout a tool that allows you to see a complete list of cheats as you type

Like when going into a giveitem cheat

when you type giveitem a list drops down and allows you to see all the items available(and include the override)it would ofcourse have to display the item tag like g_w_lghtsbr06

And of course it would be usable ingame

i got a crazy idea. if anyone has played halo 3 and played forge you will know just what im talkin about.

an in map editor that allows you to place what you want where you want and to change textures on the fly. i know this would take alot of time.

the editor doesnt have to be in game. i was thinking it could render the map and all the stuff currently in it and it would automaticlly do everything that is needed to be placed in game. this would bring the most inexperienced modders out and help everyone show off there creations

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Could anybody make a basic tool for extracting things from the Kotor 1 Bifs? The reason for this is that Kotor Tool can't run on my computer.

Thanks to anyone who tries or even thinks about making this. Also, if there are any floating out there on the web, could someone provide a link.

--HdVaderII

Could anyone make a .skp(google sketchup)->mdl/mdx converter. If it is possible this would make module making really easy.
If you can get Sketchup to export the file as an OBJ you can import it into GMax.

There's an OBJ export plugin for the free version of Sketchup - http://sketchuptips.blogspot.com/2007/01/wavefront-obj-exporter.html

There are a number of OBJ import/export scripts for GMax, but the only one I've had success with is Chris Cookson's Wavefront OBJ/MTL Import Utility for GMax v1.1. You can get it here (along with an OBJ exporter) - http://www.the3rdage.net/item-348?addview

Could anybody make a basic tool for extracting things from the Kotor 1 Bifs? The reason for this is that Kotor Tool can't run on my computer.

Thanks to anyone who tries or even thinks about making this. Also, if there are any floating out there on the web, could someone provide a link.

--HdVaderII

FindRefs may able to help you there.

img2uz0.gif

• 1 month later...

Hello ALL, right hear is my Q, for mods

useing what ever tools,

1.change sats for e.g sith troppers

2.give them more kit, e.g better guns, sheilds

and about a ten more thinks i could do,

ive got as far as useing the kotor tool, editing the sith tropper, but cant work out how to put it back in the templates.bif, so it overwriths the old (and i must say weak one)

any help, or links would be VERY VERY helpful

Hello ALL, right hear is my Q, for mods

useing what ever tools,

1.change sats for e.g sith troppers

2.give them more kit, e.g better guns, sheilds

and about a ten more thinks i could do,

ive got as far as useing the kotor tool, editing the sith tropper, but cant work out how to put it back in the templates.bif, so it overwriths the old (and i must say weak one)

any help, or links would be VERY VERY helpful

All you have to do is save the file in your override folder that same that it was called. so if it was called 'blahblah.blah', you'd save it in your override called 'blahblah.blah' (without the quotes around them)

• 1 month later...

Could someone make a tool(or a edit of kTool if its not released since youd need permission) that you can apply a certain voiceover alien type to a dialog so it would apply random common voiceovers of that species. It would save time of finding the files names then editing the dialog typing the names.

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

hey guys, i was playing gmod and started to wonder, is it possible to create a sandbox npc placement/ object placement program for kotor? i figured then that whoever did that would bring kotor modding to the next level and make sooo many things so much easier for we who create large scale expansions. any ideas?

I'm sorry if this is a stupid request, but I know there is a tpc2tga converter... is there anywhere to make a tga to tpc converter? The reason I ask is because as an xbox modder, I can only run so many override textures at a time, so I figured that if I could add them permanently to an erf or replace them in the .bif as a tpc, I wouldn't have to worry about freezing issues as much.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
Is it possible to get a .dlg file merger? There are several .dlg files I want to combine to resolve compatablility issues with a few mods for example the USM with some restoration mods. Can anyone help?

Seconding this. Of course, it has been said that TSLPatcher can do this, but I'm looking for something more similar to the Convert2da and JRLMerger apps, except with .dlg and .ncs files as well.

Failing that, I wouldn't mind someone giving me a rundown on how to use TSLPatcher to do this.

Many thanks. ^^

Seconding this. Of course, it has been said that TSLPatcher can do this, but I'm looking for something more similar to the Convert2da and JRLMerger apps, except with .dlg and .ncs files as well.

Failing that, I wouldn't mind someone giving me a rundown on how to use TSLPatcher to do this.

Many thanks. ^^

There was a Readme in the form of a pdf in the folder that came with the patcher.

Archived