Home

The new expansion and cost

kaibigan35

According to what I read, and someone correct me if I am wrong here, but the new expansion will be $29.99.

JTL had space zones for every planet plus 2 extra zones. 4 new professions, and 2 new races plus JTL itself. It cost $29.99 at release.

RotW had one world, one space zone, a few new items, mounts, vehicles etc. Also $29.99 if you bought it seperately.

And now Trials of Obi Wan which will be DD. So lets see if I got this straight. No space zone, smaller world then the main planets, and about 50 quests total. All for $29.99 right?

Seem to you all they are making their expansions smaller and smaller and still keeping the same price?

Whats next? "Announcing the new Attack of the Box expansion. That's right. We will be adding a box... In the Theed Palace. And all for the low low price of $29.99."

Kai

Guest DarthMaulUK

Trials of Obi wan but will a totally explorable world - unlike Kashyyk, which was rushed out and outlaws any kind of exploring.

Despite having to pay for the additional packs - the overall monthly fee remains the same. I paid £60 for the orignal Galaxies game (Imported it) then £20 for Rage of the wookiees (I got JTLS free as a press account).

As a game gets older, the value reduces and because SOE are desperate to get more people playing this game, the Total Experience came out with all 3 games packed for a low price - £19.99 here (around $38)

The worrying factor for me is, that they havent actually added anything new to the game in over a year. No new dungeons, real quests and story driven missions (not the typical boring run to point a, kill mob, return to sender, run to point b etc).

These silly hotfixes and publish updates are just correcting bugs in the game and of course, creating new ones. The past couple of weeks has seen even more people leave the game and it is a worry. Galaxies should be the daddy of online gaming, instead its more like a headless chicken, running around without any vision.

DMUK

And because it's only $19.95 for everything now just shows how much SOE as made a mess of this whole thing. Prices have to be lowered if the demand is low. If they had done things right, this game by itself would sell for about 29.99 and about 19.95 or so for each released expansion. What a shame. Believe me when I say I could care less anymore though. I am still a bitter consumer when it comes to SOE and I don't think that will EVER change.

Guest DarthMaulUK

You cant trust screenshots in todays market. Before Galaxies started, the early screens looked amazing and all on a geforce 3 card. The attention to detail was incredible. However, its a different story. I have a top of the range graphics card, max settings and I still cant match those early graphics.

This expansion will do nothing to improve anything in the game apart from create a new area of bugs to be fixed

DMUK

i miss the game quite a bit since i don't get broadband at the area where i moved to. :( miss my buddies. :( feels like im living in freakin yavin iv up here, at least tech-wise. thing is, im like 10 miles from a broadband line, and they taking their good-old time. im hoping my character doesnt get deleted....it's been since july since my account closed.

Why dont you all go and get a new game and play that? instead of constantly whining about bugs? i mean you all speak of: SWG = wasted time. but you keep going on about it... what is that? now that IS wasted time.

PLEASE... all go get another game... PLEASE! or at least go whine about in the official forums like most of the game haters :)

*tries to get sone peace and quiet in the place he once called home*

so simply ruin the possible fun of others is what you call watching out for eachother?

you know not everyone is like you.... some people would probably ENJOY the game.. but you lot scare em off... i dont call that looking out for eachother... i call that stabbing em in the back.

i played this game from day 1..... and everyday i go back ingame... i LOVE this game. and bugs.... so frikken what... like i said if you HATE it so much QUIT for sith sake.

and let the people who enjoy it and seem ineterested in the game.... FIND OUT FOR THEMSELFS IF THEY HATE IT OR NOT! i mean i bought the jedi knight games... BIGGEST MISTAKE I MADE! i hate those games... i actually hate all shoot em ups. but thats t bad for me cause veryone told me they were great so i tried em. but now see it the other way around... everyone tells you a game sucks but you try it anyway and you have the BEST time ever.... wouldnt want to quit ever.... would you take away such a joy from a person? i mean there is a cancelation button (unlike in spaceball) wich you can press if your not happy with it you know.

please let people find out fot themselfs. they are mostlikely old and wise enough to make their own so called "mistakes" arent they?

/endrant

*starts up Galaxies to make his new customization shop*

I agree, but my last post got deleted. Why whine about it so much, you will hate it more and more. And why not let people get their own opinions about the game. If they dont like it, just like Corzip said, push the button and get out. I LOVE the game. Bugs there is, but who cares, not big enough to give me problems, I hardly notice them at all. I have 4 characters in the game, and pay for them all. Played since august 2003 and will continue untill this game is no more. I love my friends ingame, I love the quests, I love space, I love the crafting, I love battle and I love it all. If people are allowed to write negative posts, I must be allowed to write positive posts.

TRY THE GAME!! THEN QUIT OR CONTINUE PLAYING IT!!!!

Since the CU I have enjoyed the game much more, yes there are some bugs, but most are not that bad. Some are jsut stupid things that make you wonder what SOE employees get paid for. The devs are the worst part about SWG, but the game itself is actualy fun, I don't know how that works out, but hey. Hopefully TOW will have better content then ROTW, since ROTW is fairly lame, I can do it every once and awhile but it's hard to get in to. See you all in game!

Trials of Obi wan but will a totally explorable world - unlike Kashyyk, which was rushed out and outlaws any kind of exploring.

Despite having to pay for the additional packs - the overall monthly fee remains the same. I paid £60 for the orignal Galaxies game (Imported it) then £20 for Rage of the wookiees (I got JTLS free as a press account).

As a game gets older, the value reduces and because SOE are desperate to get more people playing this game, the Total Experience came out with all 3 games packed for a low price - £19.99 here (around $38)

The worrying factor for me is, that they havent actually added anything new to the game in over a year. No new dungeons, real quests and story driven missions (not the typical boring run to point a, kill mob, return to sender, run to point b etc).

These silly hotfixes and publish updates are just correcting bugs in the game and of course, creating new ones. The past couple of weeks has seen even more people leave the game and it is a worry. Galaxies should be the daddy of online gaming, instead its more like a headless chicken, running around without any vision.

DMUK

Great post..sadly it sums SWG up at the moment

Archived