Home

Major TSL Flaws.

Darth Wiggles

It's true.I thought the game was getting too easy decided to put on Hard Mode.While the Giant Storm Beast with one hit almost killed me,Sion was pathetic.I ended the fight preety quickly.And i made a new game,and when i was on the Old Military Base on Telos,i went PRESTIGE!On my first playthrough,i killed some gang on Nar Shaddaa and i went prestige!Really major,isn't it?

And i made a new game,and when i was on the Old Military Base on Telos,i went PRESTIGE!

This is only possible with a mod...

The vanilla game needs you to be either 75+ LS or 25- DS and level 15, and having had the encounter with Visas Marr on the Ebon Hawk recruiting her into your party.

These are the base requirements to become a prestiege class.

This is only possible with a mod...

The vanilla game needs you to be either 75+ LS or 25- DS and level 15, and having had the encounter with Visas Marr on the Ebon Hawk recruiting her into your party.

These are the base requirements to become a prestiege class.

You don't need to have Visas in your party. I've played the game dozens of times, and with cheats, mods, etc, you can get a prestige class first thing on Telos. If you said you had to have seen the video with Visas and Nihilus, I would agree, as I usually see that video on Peragus now....

*Dusts off atomic powered hairsplitter*

You don't need to have Visas in your party.

Wile you are technically correct in that you don't need Visas, I wish to note this... In staying with the spirit of the games story you are also incorrect... While it isn't a scripted requirement it is a story one, the only way to avoid the Visas encounter before you hit level 15 is to know the Visas encounter is coming and "cheat" the games storyline by avoiding it... but anyone progressing normally through the game, and choosing a side, will have this encounter by the time they are level 15...

Check out the PrCl dialogues there are some conversation options that would require Visas presence in the party (Referring to her master, Nihilus), this also fills out the term "requirement" to me as you are removing story elements by consiously avoiding the Visas Marr encounter to get your prestiege class first.

Just some food for thought. :D

Hmmm...I can't speak for the other planet, as I have always gone to Nar Shaddaa first. During normal play, you would have an opportunity to chose your PrC before the fight with Visas back on the ship. Just following the storyline, you would duel with her right after the fight with the Red Eclipse and just before heading down to the Jekk'Jekk Tarr to meet with Visquis. To the best of my knowledge, NS is the only planet that includes a trip back to the ship as part of the story. If that is true, then a PC could be 2 or 3 levels into their PrC before the duel with Visas.

I know I have to be missing something here...

Achilles, you never once returned to the Ebon Hawk on Nar Shadaa before triggering the Red Eclipse encounter?

This has never happened with me as I do consider infrequent trips to the Ebon Hawk during your progress on each planet as parts of "normal" gameplay... I almost always try to return there to save my game before I shut the game down... old "save the game in your hideout/stroghold" habits die hard I guess! ;)

Well, then I stand corrected that it is possible... I'll have to try that out and see what changes.

I didn't say that, I said that the storyline wouldn't bring you back until the Red Eclipse ;).

I know... I think I was actually asking if you have done that personally?

Me? I get off the Ebon Hawk and then turn around and get right back on again to trigger the fight with Visas, but that's "cheating" isn't it? :D

Yup, getting saber parts as fast as you can is definately "cheating"! :D

Usually I get Visas, get my second saber part, then go do the reunion quest and complete my saber that way! ;)

I know... I think I was actually asking if you have done that personally?
Yes, yes I have. The first time that I played. :D It was also the only time...

Yup, getting saber parts as fast as you can is definately "cheating"! :D

Usually I get Visas, get my second saber part, then go do the reunion quest and complete my saber that way! ;)

...and then use Vogga's Horde to get your second saber? *Aghast* I can't believe you would do such a thing! I would never (ever) do something like that myself [/indignant].

Archived