Home

Nice high-res MGS4 shots

toms

Hmm...

Here is a diagram of some of the "imperfections" it has. I've outlined some of the polygon contours.

Also, look at this picture. Notice the wall looks low-detail relative to the character model. Also notice that some parts of his clothing, like the straps on his chest, looks as if it had been normal mapped and the character's movement is causing the supposed-to-be-solid detail to disort.

You decide.

Yeah, well, otacon's neck looks a little polygonal also (where it connects with the neck of the shirt)

Im just seriously hoping thats big boss, and not solid snake. I mean, while Otacon looks older, it can't be that far into the future. On the other hand, the "eye machine" thing would be because Big Boss lost his eye... but he looks so much like snake... but at the same time... Snake is big boss's clone... oh man.

Hmm...

Here is a diagram of some of the "imperfections" it has. I've outlined some of the polygon contours.

Also, look at this picture. Notice the wall looks low-detail relative to the character model. Also notice that some parts of his clothing, like the straps on his chest, looks as if it had been normal mapped and the character's movement is causing the supposed-to-be-solid detail to disort.

You decide.

I'll let that slide. It's just too. Toooooo. TOOOOO. easy to pick apart.

*ahem* moving on...

TOTALLY ****ING AWESOME! :D Cannot wait for MGS4! I'll be able to buy it without parental permission when it comes out! \O/

Yeah, well, otacon's neck looks a little polygonal also (where it connects with the neck of the shirt)

Im just seriously hoping thats big boss, and not solid snake. I mean, while Otacon looks older, it can't be that far into the future. On the other hand, the "eye machine" thing would be because Big Boss lost his eye... but he looks so much like snake... but at the same time... Snake is big boss's clone... oh man.

.... I didn't want to know that. I haven't played the latest MGS. Thanks.

.... I didn't want to know that. I haven't played the latest MGS. Thanks.

Sorry... I havn't either. However, its a known fact, Konami boasts it in every flippin' MGS 3 Trailer. Crap, one trailer even showed... other things, I won't spoil, nothing indecent... violent yes, but not like like... "bad" if thats what you were thinking, lol.

The fact is, as far as I know SOLID SNAKE, didn't lose an eye, but in this game he has a... high tek patch over his eye.

And about snake being big boss's clone.... well, that info was in MGS 1.. probably 2 (havn't played that either) and MGS The Twin Snakes.

...We gonna get any in-game shots?

MGS never has prerendered stuff.. never. Its never happend. Besides, check out the video, it doesn't have that "pre-rendered look" Theres a crappy 30 MB version on http://www.gametrailers.com someone recorded with a camcorder... its really decieving at first, I was wondering "am I watching MGS?" Lol.

Normally MGS videos only show cutscenes... and the last MGS 4 video wasn't prerendered either, it was using the MGS4 engine, but the graphics weren't this good. Normally Kojima only uses cutscenes, and not gameplay in his videos... but I got admit, this was one boring cutscene... the video showed off some impressive graphics, and some cool music in the end, but the middle dragged on... until

otacon showed up.

However, I don't think this stuff happens in the game, because they joke about the PS3's Cell Processor. You check the video out, and tell me.

I appears to be 10 yrs after sons of liberty. Hmmm.. snake has aged... too much. I wonder how the other characters factor into this

Raiden, Meryle, Revolver (isn't he dead yet?!) ... and the rumoured big boss

How do I know about them? There was concept art released for this game with those characters, and more.

Hmmm... you realise all MGS games use the in game engine to make REAL TIME CUTSCENES. (No Graphic Change) Although I get what your saying, I want to check out the gameplay :-\

Also, found out why snake looks so old, and a guess on his age:

I've read Snake was 37 in SOL, so if this "X years after the Big Shell" which was in SOL, right? Then the X must be 10 (roman numerals) and that would mean he is 47. However, since Snake is a clone of big boss, his cells naturally die faster, making him age faster. Thats sucks...

BTW, I have heard that a new video in Japan featuring Raiden will be shown in about an hour... got to see it :D

EDIT:

Found an in game image, in japanese too, featuring... RAIDEN!

http://www.watch.impress.co.jp/game/docs/20050916/mgs405.htm

Check it out :D

EDIT2: CRAP! About the raiden video... translation error. Too bad. That sucks. Sorry guys.

Well, crap, just DL the video... BTW, proof that it was in real time, Hideo Kojima has a video of him rotating the camera, and zooming in and out and stuff...

MGS4 will be the the last of the series.

Yeah yeah, just like they said MGS2 was the end. Then they said MGS 3 was it. Then they planned MGS 4... and here it is.

I don't know, then again, seeing snakes age... he could die or something ending the series. I wonder why they would end it though. Too bad.

Check out my MGS4 wallpaper :D

my.php?image=mgs4desktop4wn.jpg

EDIT: man, Yoji Shinkawa is also leaving. This may be the end. Come to find out, apparently Hideo is just tired of working with the same series. Thats really sad, but I understand that.

Archived