Home

An idea for the beginning of KotOR 3!

jblue789

Alright, here me out, this is how it goes. Taking place a decade or so after KotOR 2. Some of the jedi and your old friends from 1 and 2 as well as some jedi who were out in hiding, like Vrook, Vash, Kavar, Zez-kai, and Atris, built a new Jedi Academy, that was unknown to the majority of the republic. First, for like the prologue, maybe levels 1-5 or something like that (and have the max level be extended and actually have your character be able to reach that level by the end without cheating), your character is shown as a youngling at the new Jedi Academy and you do some basic little things to get used to the controls and stuff. Every single "face" for your character would have several forms depending on age.

The next part, maybe levels 5-10 or something, would have you, as a young adult (about the same age as Obi-Wan in Ep. I or Anakin in Ep. II), taking on the Jedi trials to become a Knight, ending with you building your own custom lightsaber (you have a basic, generic blue lightsaber for the trial, and at the end you get to go to a crystal cave, choose a color crystal, and build a lightsaber with lots of choices to make for your own custom hilt) and having a tailor fix up your personal Jedi Knight robe, to your specifications. Of course, you would find out who your master is and stuff. Then the journey goes on, and then you're off on a mission somewhere, and you discover the remnants of the Ebon Hawk, with a nearly destroyed T3 (and HK too, I suppose), and some stuff, and you eventually (with a posse of others) go off to find out what happened to Revan and Exile and stuff like that.

Questions, comments, praise, criticism, or perhaps your own ideas?

nice idea, but I agree with everyone else

Actually, how could you do it seeing as Vrook, Kavaar, and Zez-kai el die no matter what. If you go dark you kill them in K2, and if you go light Kreia kills them.

Not to mention if you go dark you can kill Atris, and besides she fell to the darkside. I doubt she'd be the one to rebuild the Jedi Academy whether she attoned for her fall or not. Just my 2 cents.

But still, it's a good idea, you just need to worry about cotinuity.

What the hell are you guys talking about? I said Jedi who were out in hiding, like Vrook and them had. I wasn't talking ABOUT them directly, I was talking about other jedi who may have survived and were also in hiding. Just because you found five of them doesn't mean that there aren't more.

EDIT: Also,

Vrook, Zez-kai, Vash, and Kavarr die anyway if you're LS. Atris doesn't HAVE to die though, but it might be best if she just died in some other fashion, such as suicide, because even if you were light sided, you could still kill her.

I wouldn't want to begin the game as a kid training at the academy. I prefer a more mature character with some background and then build from there. I hope they give us an original and strong storyline, not another school thingy with tons of unrelated missions at the beginning. Kotor is a way too short game to loose time on this IMHO.

I think the PC should start off as a sith in the true sith empire. The game begins with you in an interagation room where your masters are trying to extract info out of U as to why, of the 150 who were at that space station, where U the only sith to survive the attack by the two unknown jedi. U have no memory of what happened on the station. believing that U are lying and U hid from the jedi U are sentence to death. The night before your execution u have a vision of what happened on the space station. U saw the jedi who attacked the staion. They slaughtered every sith that tryed to attack. You did hide like a coward.The fear was to much to bare. The fear was so powerful that it caused u to lose memory of what happened. As U awake U find yourself in the presense of the dark lord himself. Many serve the sith there whole lives and never meet him in person. The vision was no coincidence, The dark lord was trying to tap into your mind so he could see what they looked like. They are apparently on one of the planets of the sith main worlds and he wanted to get a discription to give to his search partys. But he was unable to see their faces through your mind. He was able to feel the power they wielded. Then u tell him that u remember what they look like. He then passes U a holocron and say show me. This should resemble the charater creation screen from the first 2 games. It should also have a light and darkside slider seeing how that also affected Your looks. Then he offers u a chance to redeem youself by being part of one of the groups sent to destroy the jedi. A chance to prove yourself to the dark lord. How could u refuse.

@young outlaw, Welcome new guy:D

An interesting idea there, I'd never thougth of the "police sketch" as the plot tiein, most people just debate about wether or not to have quizes about what they looked like:)

What particular station are you referring to?

And if Revan and Exile were to enter the true sith empire, I think they would have done it more discreetely than slaughtering a station, lightside or not.

And I'd rather play as them, or someone in a more alliance role, hunting them down kinda seems corny to me, maybe reserve that story for an action/alternate reality game.

Anyway, Deja Vu, I thought I already made one about growing up in the order, if I remember correctly it ended in tears:D

So I guess that a lot of folks will disagree there.

Besides, the timespan of growing up will cause events to pass by quicker and lose some detail.

I think it's safe to say that "IF" Kotor is limited to a Trilogy,

The finale will have to be a showdown between Revan, Exile, (maybe another PC, maybe not), and the True Sith

It's what the whole story has been building towards.

P.S. I heard that DSers didn't have to kill master kavar?

I wouldn't want to begin the game as a kid training at the academy. I prefer a more mature character with some background and then build from there. I hope they give us an original and strong storyline, not another school thingy with tons of unrelated missions at the beginning. Kotor is a way too short game to loose time on this IMHO.
Definitely. And after playing JA with that kind of storyline, I'm even less interested. When you are old like me you don't have much interest in playing a teenager.

Maybe the main character should start off as a bounty hunter sent to find the where revan and the exile went to. No matter if U played LS or DS for revan or exile they were a strong influence on the universe. I would think the republic would send people to find where they went to. I also think Bastila would send some one to find them. This is where u come in. A bounty hunter sent into the unknown to find two jedi.

I think they'll have a rebuilt Jedi enclave, probably at Dantooine again as some of the planets and plot seem integral to KotOR, though I'd prefer all new locations and the sense of interaction with a larger galaxy.

Due to your choices of earlier PC's the Exile and Revan can only be generally referred to, perhaps the Exile will be the recently deceased Master of an all new Order, K3 set some decades after TSL. Like K2 however I don't think it unlikely your NPC's will be around. An older Handmaiden a lead Council member, an elderly Bao Dur Jedi Artisan of the enclave.

Perhaps you could be sent as a Padawan to investigate the disappearance of a famous Jedi Knight and rumours of a name almost forgotten, at the edge of the galaxy...

me thinks it should start off where the characters u trained should search out characters like bastila and any other jedi that left the order before its implosion and then group them and head out to face the true sith and stumbling upon the exile who is maybe few years older and who at first sends u away but then comes in to ur party and is cynnical as kreia

To young outlaw:

You said the PC(computer) kotor 3 should start off as a sith empire? Well, some of us doesn't have Xbox and some of us want to play as lightside first or second so how is that going to work? If you mean differently then i don't know what oyu mean...but that is a good darkside walkthrough...me? I think Lightside story should be:

The exile left after rebuilding the jedi order and the Lost Jedi(Atton, Handmaiden/Disciple, Mira, Bar ord(forgot name), and Visas) teaching students...it been ten years and then you started a game at a prolouge in the Ebon Hawk as T3(yeah it is same but this time it is different story). It showed a cutscene b4 oyu become T3 that T3 read the datapad from the exile that T3 need to warn the new jedi order that the true sith finally show itself right away(i was going to use hologram but you don't know what the exile really look like). Then you traveled there and then at dantoonie..your goal is to find your character(you already an pawaden). You found him and show your character the datapad.You start to tell the jedi order about this as once...but you suddenly discovered that they disappeared so you show it to the students. Then they decided you need to gather the jedi masters that disappeared(and other people) you can find in the galaxzy and find this true sith weakness or when they are striking and where? And find out what happen to the exile and revan(what really happens is that the exile and revan are killed by true sith..you found out by the hologram of Kreia said that she went with the exile to help and saw that they died that they are no match for them if the exile is lightside). In the end, you gather some people to go with you and trained them as a jedi but you found out that the other jedi masters are killed by the true stih then it up to you to face the true sith and the sith lord who is controlling them(which the republic is helping you).

Darkside:

Well, Young Outlaw idea is better.

For me I would like to start of as standard level 1 character. I don't want to be again some kind of jedi-amnesia-know-all-of-the-galaxy-but-have-forgotten-it.

For that start there are two spontanously ideas:

The player could be a young jedi padawan from the reestablished jedi order. How the jedi order was reestablished could be part of the story that the player has to unreveal as a not too long quest in order to prove that he can go on a larger mission without a jedi master assigned to him. This new mission then is the real start of the action and will confront the player with stories of KOTOR I and II and what happened in the meantime. Maybe the player got the direct mission to do deeper research of what happens to Revan and/or the Exile or the player is driven to that plot "by accident", through strange discoveries on his normal mission (well, very similar to JA as I'm reading what I'm writing, but could be very good adapated for KOTOR III).

The other start would be as a non-jedi class. As an adventurer from the outer rim you find the wreck of the Ebon Hawk with a deactivated T3-M4 aboard. You may repair the ship barely to escape from your planet and to travel to a nearby system where you got driven into action. Maybe through some guy knowing something about the Ebon Hawk. These guys maybe Jedis who know about the former owners of the Ebon Hawk, through bounty hunters that should find the crew of the Ebon Hawk, former smugglers, etc.

This two startings of KOTOR III are very well known motives of the Star Wars universe. They would perfectly fit and give the story writers enough freedom to develop a new and deep story for the Star Wars experience we are all lurking for :-)

The gender and alignment of Revan and the Exil - if neccessary - can be determined by an ingame questionare like in KOTOR II.

Concerning reappearing characters from KOTOR I and II I have no definitve meaning. On the one hand T3-M4 and HK-47 are nearly established as the KOTOR C-3PO and R2-D2. At least T3-M4 is neccessary for one of my starting ideas and HK-47 was the one with the most polarizing and amusing dialogs :-) Mandalore should have his appearance, maybe not as a party member, but he has his mission to reunite the mandalorians. Maybe as allies of the Republic to face the threat coming from the unknown regions (and please, please ... nothing about the Yuuzhan Vong, they are the major threat in the New Jedi Order era).

From the other characters, since they survived in the official timeline from LA, the should have at least cameo appearances. Maybe as Jedi Masters (all the NPC's you could train as a Jedi in KOTOR II, Jolee Bindo and maybe Juhani) in the reestablished Jedi Order (hopefully on Coruscant). As full party members I'd prefer new characters with new stories and own sidequests.

Just my 2 cents.

Greetings,

Mendagir

This is kind of dumb but I kind of like the idea of a non-jedi class as mentioned above that is slowly discovering that he/she is force sensitive on their own. Maybe they could be "guided" by the light or dark side in dialog type options for example. Then. maybe, halfway through the game they might meet Atton, Handmaiden, etc. and be able to team up with them and learn more. I too am way too sick of having amnesia, its kind of a weak plot line.

I just got this idea and I'm at work, so no time to really expound on it right now.

Archived