Home

Secrets

Zanshin

First, I've got to say thanks to you guys for creating this wonderful mod. Dark Forces is my favorite of the Star Wars shooters, but it obviously was made a long time ago, and now by taking advantages of technological progress, and thanks to all your hard work, you guys have made my favorite game even better.

The reason for this post is to ask about the secrets on the first level. I've seen screen shots of those secrets (in the screen shot of the day section), but I cannot seem to reach those areas. I found a list of 7 secrets that are in the first level. Are all those secrets included in this mod?

I remember how to get to some of the secrets (mostly they were just slightly hidden doors), but I have had trouble getting to others. There is one that to get to I believe you have be on the second floor (on the balcony?) and jump from the edge of that area, across the doorway that is at the rear of the building to the edge of the opposite side. No matter what I do, I cannot get make that jump. Am I doing something wrong?

You need to run forward and jump at the last second, or you can try running backwards, wich is faster than running forward, in single player that is. Wich the MOD was made in.

When you get to the other side, there is a rock wall that looks a bit darkened, like a crater in a wall, shoot it, and you will find your way to the secret part of secbase ^_^

You need to run forward and jump at the last second, or you can try running backwards, wich is faster than running forward, in single player that is. Wich the MOD was made in.

When you get to the other side, there is a rock wall that looks a bit darkened, like a crater in a wall, shoot it, and you will find your way to the secret part of secbase ^_^

Thanks to all for their replies and advice. :max::sam:

I wasn't able to make the jump, even running backwards, so I just used the cheat a little, so I could 'get to the other side'. I accidently overlooked the second part of this message, but lucky found the crater on my own. I found out jumping into it will cause it to break away as well. :vsd:

I didn't think what I had written constitues spoilers, as I am sort of assuming that since the original game was released more than than 10 years ago, anyone who was trying to find the secrets has either found them by now, or is hopelessly lost. If some feels I am giving something away, sorry for that.

:3headed:

I think I found all the secrets (checking a list of secrets from the original Dark Forces). It's been so long since I played the original Dark Forces, but I don't remember finding half of the secrets in the original. :r2d23:

BTW does anyone have a list of the secrets that are in the JA mod of Dark Forces? I am wondering if there is anything I missed and what differences there are.:holosid:

Archived