Home

Handheld KotOR 3, Bad idea or a good one

dale03ster

Because its HANDHELD gaming, i dont want to haul a bag of UMD's around with me. When i take my PSP somewhere, its got the game thats in it and thats it. And i don't want to have to go through the hassle of changing them at alternate parts of the game, and would probably lose some of them anyway.

Not everybody is disorganized like you..or lazy and probably wouldn't mind having to carry a game case around with them. They're not that big or heavy. Besides KOTOR is a great game so who cares if you gotta carry around a few extra pounds to play it. Besides all you probably have in your suitcase is a change of underpants.(joking) :lol::xp::animelol::nut:

Because handheld gaming is aimed at kids. Cue crappy childish adverts for nintendo DS.

1. PSP is a handheld console and it is definitely not aimed at kids. Grand theft auto, Syphon filter... theyr'e M rated..definitely not for kids

2. If you look at a majority of the titles for PSP they are shooters or gorey fighting games. Not all handhelds are for babies

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I don't understand what you mean. All you gotta do is carry around maybe 4 UMD's in a backpack...not that difficult people.

I humorously meant that I can't concentrate on driving my car if I'm playing a hand held. Nevermind.

Handhelds don't interest me as I like to be absorbed and comfy when I play.

I like a huge screen and enhanced audio from my stereo.

I do have a psp and I enjoy it. Handheld kotor couldn't have all the features.... well if there was some kind of attachment pack. Yah I would play a handheld kotor. Sometimes all you need in the stressful work day is a little kotor to get you through. Not sure how it would work but I think it is a good idea.

I humorously meant that I can't concentrate on driving my car if I'm playing a hand held. Nevermind.

Handhelds don't interest me as I like to be absorbed and comfy when I play.

I like a huge screen and enhanced audio from my stereo.

Sorry i thought you were a kid...No offense taken though I hope. Of course you can't play when driving. I totally agree that a big screen with nice speakers is way better than a PSP. I'm just saying a portable version would be nice for travelling.

I own a PSP, but I don't think that KOTOR III would be good to play on a PSP. If they need to release it on more consoles, do it on the PS2, since it would save me installing it on the computer.

I'm not saying the PSP version would have to be amazing and that it's the only one I would buy...I'm just saying it would be nice for travelling and portability.

I'm not saying the PSP version would have to be amazing and that it's the only one I would buy...I'm just saying it would be nice for travelling and portability.

Stop double posting! Use the edit button, I know you're new, but you need to learn to use the edit button. Keeping on-topic, the PSP wouldn't be as good as computer, since I've played computer games on my PSP. For example, The Sims 2. It seems to lag sometimes and I'm guessing if KOTOR III was a big game, it would also lag. I would feel much more comfortable playing it on the computer on the PS2. At least having it on the PSP is better than having it on the horrible DS.

Because handheld gaming is aimed at kids. Cue crappy childish adverts for nintendo DS.

I know that you've probably left LF after saying your farewells, but just to make it clear. The DS is for kids and as Darth_Nihl said earlier in this Thread, that the PSP isn't aimed at kids. eg, GTA.

Stop double posting! Use the edit button, I know you're new, but you need to learn to use the edit button.

I know how to use the edit button. I only double post because the responses are on either two different topics or topics from different users. I fyou don't like the way I post then I am sorry.

Keeping on-topic, the PSP wouldn't be as good as computer, since I've played computer games on my PSP. For example, The Sims 2. It seems to lag sometimes and I'm guessing if KOTOR III was a big game, it would also lag. I would feel much more comfortable playing it on the computer on the PS2. At least having it on the PSP is better than having it on the horrible DS.

I agree about that. All I was saying is that I wouold like a PSP version for portability and travelling but I would still buy Xbox and PC versions to play at home for better gameplay. I don't anticipate a PSP KOTOR being amazing. Just good enough so you can enjoy some KOTOR fun on your travels.

I know how to use the edit button. I only double post because the responses are on either two different topics or topics from different users. I fyou don't like the way I post then I am sorry.

Please stop double-posting.

If you want to comment on 2 different subjects or authors/posters, then just paste their comments into yours. You can specify the author you want to reply to by placing the user's name after an "=":

[quote name='person to quote'] post in question [/quote] 

:)

Drat you beat me to it ChAiNz! :fist: -RH

I don't understand...why is it bad to double post? I know I have to listen to you because your a moderator but could someone just clarify why double posting is bad. In my opinion it keeps stuff better organized and it is eisier to understand things when not switching between topics in posts.

I don't understand...why is it bad to double post? I know I have to listen to you because your a moderator but could someone just clarify why double posting is bad. In my opinion it keeps stuff better organized and it is eisier to understand things when not switching between topics in posts.

This will be the last off-topic post I do. Double posting makes the Thread cluttered and it is better to keep all your opinions, etc in the same post.

What Pottsie said :)

It's also an excuse (not you, but others in the past) have used for spamming post count. I can clearly read your discussions and know this isn't the case, however we try to maintain low-clutter threads.

For the other moderator's sake and for your peace of mind.. this isn't an official "Warning", just a friendly reminder :)

Welcome to the Forums! :waive1: ~ Cz

This will be the last off-topic post I do. Double posting makes the Thread cluttered and it is better to keep all your opinions, etc in the same post.

What Pottsie said :)

It's also an excuse (not you, but others in the past) have used for spamming post count. I can clearly read your discussions and know this isn't the case, however we try to maintain low-clutter threads.

For the other moderator's sake and for your peace of mind.. this isn't an official "Warning", just a friendly reminder :)

Welcome to the Forums! :waive1: ~ Cz

Thanks for the kind reminder. I will remember it in the future.

Handheld k3 on NDS? Where you can draw your own character with the pen? Sounds fun.

Think of it as the first "stick figure" starwars game.

I don't think that would be a good idea...the DS doesn't have enough buttons to support KOTOR and personally I prefer the PSP to the DS. Although a stick figure star wars game could be kinda fun...just not a KOTOR stick figure game. Maybe just a mini-game you could download of lucasarts.com

I don't think that would be a good idea...the DS doesn't have enough buttons to support KOTOR and personally I prefer the PSP to the DS.

Actually, the DS' pen could definitely allow better flexibility control-wise then a PSP. Besides, I don't see how the number of buttons can be an issue. This is a turn base game after all. Pause, decide actions, unpause. You don't need a million buttons for that.

I said it earlier though, I don't think RPGs are made for handheld, but that doesn't mean it's totally undoable. Golden Sun for the GBA is an example. A KotOR spinoff for handheld might be doable, but a port, no.

A full blown KOTOR game on handheld wouldn't do the game justice.

I would buy a verison that had the side games, like pizak(sp) and swoop bike racing Possible much a couple more like maybe a saber battle tourament.

Actually I was thinking of a pazzak mini-game on NDS, where you can play with your friends...

BTW NDS would be a usable platform for rpgs. The lower screne and touchpen is nice working similar to a tablet mouse. Well the graphic quality is to be desired... But porting a simplified version of the game to a handheld is not a bad idea. Its not too action-filled, and can savegame anywhere, perfect for those busrides and what not.

How about the Wii? I mean, getting to swing the wiimote around as you control your lightsaber would be freakin cool.

Instead of scrolling through the things, flurry would be swinging the mote crisscross or power attack is hitting across the screen -fast- and critical could be something else.

Wii need a star wars game on Wii! (Pun intended.)

Archived