Home

MGS 4: Guns of the Patriots *possible spoilers*

lukeskywalker1

I have no doubt any MGS fans left havn't heard, but I am so excited I'll post it here too.

A few days ago Kojima Productions showed an amazing MGS 4 trailer at the Tokeo Game Show in Japan. It featured the one and only Solid Snake, with his new look, and Otacon. It also showed off some crazy looking half organic half metal gear Rex looking metal gears. They are actually pretty small, and seen in a convoy with a bunch of Tanks and Genome soilders.

Man, the video was awesome. It also appears that Fox Die has finally caught up with Snake as about half way through the trailer he started to cough, and he fell to his knees. It was psycho.

The trailer was rendered in REAL TIME, using the MGS 4 Engine. Hideo Kojima actually proved this by rotating the camera and zooming in and out at a later showing. Sadly, this is the last MGS game Hideo Kojima (Creater) and Yoji Shinkawa (Character Designer) plan to make.

This leads to the speculation, along with Snake's appearence that this could be his end. So, in general, what do you think? Do you like Snakes new look? Got a possible storyline suggestion? Do you think this is really the end?

Screens:

http://media.ps3.ign.com/media/714/714044/imgs_1.html

This is still a PS3 Exclusive game. Release time: 2007-2008

Thats what happend with me. Some friends were like "You would love Metal Gear Solid" I looked at Twin Snakes' cover and said "Yeah, sure" just thinking it was some kinda average game. Probably a trashy FPS I thought.

Boy was I wrong... its not even an FPS. After I got to Revolver, my opinion changed completly. It was gradually changing as I ventured into the first elevator, and then through the snow, getting caught, killed... etc... but man, Fighting Revolver and seeing Grey Fox totally changed my mind. And then the Character progression in the game, I have never seen a game with character personallitys and background stories so... detailed. There were so many plot twists I didn't even know whos side I was on in the end, and it was nearly impossible to tell who was on my side... Best video game story ever.

What's the earliest versions you can get without having to buy a ps2?

are there any poor versions to watch out for?

Well... there was a crappy one... but its dead... gone.. not even spoken about. Made in like 1989. You won't find any info on it, you probably won't even hear its title because it sucked so bad Hideo Kojima won't recognize it as a Metal Gear game.

But yeah, one MGS game was made back for the PS1. Well.. it was called Metal Gear Solid. Its probably the best out of all of them. Minus The Twin Snakes, which was a remake of it for the GameCube. Oh, and Metal Gear Solid and Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons Of Liberty are on the PC, but they crash a lot! Bad ports, good on consoles, bad on PC.

Soon the PS2's price will drop and you can grab one for $100.

You can get the MGS demo at download.com Its only around 50 mbs. Its actually ok, and will give you a feel for the game. If you have a GCN you can pick up Twin Snakes used for around $17.

Still, I'm definitely excited for this game.

Sucks that its 2-3 years away.

The trailer was rendered in REAL TIME, using the MGS 4 Engine. Hideo Kojima actually proved this by rotating the camera and zooming in and out at a later showing. Sadly, this is the last MGS game Hideo Kojima (Creater) and Yoji Shinkawa (Character Designer) plan to make.

THERE GOING TO STOP MGS??????? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!! man i was already having a bad day, and now this? I knew it was going to end someday, but I always thought that it would happen it my next lifetime TT

And Snake does look at little old...there probably gonna kill him at the end to make sure that no1 else makes another and steals their thunder...

Man, Snake was like my idol, I used to name sn's after him...but now its not gonna be there..I'm going to go cry now TT

The main reason I was wnting some version to try was that I've seen a lot of MGS related stuff on G4 lately, and thought it might be worth checking out,

But one thing I remember for sure is they said the creator was leaving, but was passing it on to someone else, they only talked about it for a few minutes, but I was under the impression that it would continue.

Metal Gear I - Rocked

Metal Gear II: Snake's Revenge - Horrible

I think that the other Metal Gear games were pretty cool. Metal Gear: Solid made me think like I has pschitzophrenia. All and all, I think this franchise is pretty cool. When I looked at those pics you supplied, I thought that 'Solid Snake' looks too old. However, I like what they did with the detailing. I hope the game rocks... Uncertainty!!!! Oh well!!! Go Solid!!

Well... there was a crappy one... but its dead... gone.. not even spoken about. Made in like 1989. You won't find any info on it, you probably won't even hear its title because it sucked so bad Hideo Kojima won't recognize it as a Metal Gear game.

Buh?

The first Metal Gear is maybe the most important. Its plot elements have been recycled in every other game since, it originated the radio support and cardboard box systems, and really helped to change the way people looked at developing video games.

There was also a Metal Gear 2 that only came out in Japan, and an okayish, out of continuity sort-of-sequel called Snake's Revenge only released in America.

I LOVE THE MGS games. Snake eater being my favorite. But I'm a little confused about the screen shots from the new one. Is that an eyepatch on snake, if it then...

Its got to be big boss/aka the original snake because he lost his eye in Snake eater and snake eater is the backstory that explains where solid snake and liquid snake came from. If that's the case and it IS big boss then why is Otacon there?

Can someone explain this to me?

Can someone explain this to me? :giveup:

It is Solid Snake, that eye patch is a tactical patch thing, hence in the TGS video it shows a view from the patch, it will most probably act like a codec of some sorts also...This may or may not be a spoiler.

That answer it? Also...

Big Boss could actually make an appearance as this picture shows http://ps3media.ign.com/ps3/image/article/615/615485/metal-gear-solid-4-20050517053614289.jpg...One second from far right, Snake is fourth from right...

The thread title says possible spoilers to be honest...:D

Yeah, I think some spoilers are going to be posted....

Well, like Kensai Rone said, its a tactical "thing." The actual name is the Solid Eye system. In the video snake could target eneimes and stuff... so we must assume there is an eye behind it... otherwise its of no use.

I would be very excited to see big boss come back though.

Like they did with Twin Snakes, HAHAHAHAHA

He should have a beard, otherwise he looks English.

I like twin snakes :p Besides, Kojima wrote MGS and supervised the sons of liberty gameplay, so.. when you combine you get Twin Snakes... 2 parts kojima... 1 part silicon knights.

Archived