Home

Sam & Max comeback!

Guest DarthMaulUK

Guest DarthMaulUK

Friday 16th September 2005

SAM & MAX HIT THE ROAD AGAIN

Ex-LucasArts developers wrestle back the rights to produce brand new Sam & Max adventure games

15:39 Depending who you ask, Sam & Max Hit the Road - based on Steve Purcell's classic underground comic series - is either the best adventure game ever made, the best game ever made, the funniest game ever made or the best funny adventure game ever made featuring a talking rabbit and a dog. It's well liked - let's put it that way.

Needless to say, when the long-awaited sequel, Sam & Max: Freelance Police, was unceremoniously dumped by the increasingly Star Wars-focused LucasArts in 2004, adventure game fans everywhere shut the curtains and moped about in the dark, listening to Radiohead and contemplating the emptiness of an infinite universe.

Now however, Sam & Max fans can rejoice as Telltale Games, consisting of many of Freelance Police's original development team, has acquired the rights to produce a number of games based on the wise-cracking, senselessly violent duo. A Telltale Games representative has confirmed that upcoming titles will likely follow a similar episodic content format to the company's brilliant-looking upcoming Bone adventure.

While no specifics have been revealed as yet, mere words can't explain how chuffed we are to see the Freelance Police making their long-overdue return to videogames. All we need now is the commissioner with another idiotic and baffling assignment.

DMUK

• 2 weeks later...

Lucasarts is gonna be so f*****g sorry that they ever pushed sam and max aside... EVERYONE I know is gonna buy this game and drive up sales for Telltale and make Lucasarts rue the day the ever started releasing Star Wars titles. Star Wars is ok and all, but we're talkin about Sam and Max here! These guys should be bigger than the Simpsons and/or Family Guy. That single game shaped my entire life since a friend of mine showed it to me (I swear i'm not exaggerating on that). I still make sam and max hit the road jokes to this day. Whenever someone says something weird i call them a "demonic imp." Lucasarts used to be so very cool with titles like sam and max, day of the tentacle, the monkey island series, and full throttle. I look now to the day when the Sam and Max game is released... When all of my dreams reach fruition.... when Lucasarts gets pwned by the game they decided to pass on. Who is with me!!!

I still hate Lucas Arts very much so, along with George Lucas, Indiana Jones, Steven Spielburg, Star Wars, and Howard the Duck.

But I don't think Sam and Max is THAT Lucas Arts related compared to the other subjects and games that have forums on Lucasforums.com

The game is pretty much just a liscensing deal to me, which had talented people involved.

• 7 months later...
I still hate Lucas Arts very much so, along with George Lucas, Indiana Jones, Steven Spielburg, Star Wars, and Howard the Duck.

But I don't think Sam and Max is THAT Lucas Arts related compared to the other subjects and games that have forums on Lucasforums.com

The game is pretty much just a liscensing deal to me, which had talented people involved.

oh ? well i think that its really related in every way with day of the tentacle and such. Dont hate Lucas ... lucas created S&M if this one will sell good i guess that Lucas will create the next one.

Archived