Home

Yoda VM

NeoMarz1

:angel: :angel: New Model Yoda VM :angel: :angel:

O.K. Here is Yoda VM, I was going to try and sneak this under the radar, but here's what I got so far. Unfortunately it does not fit the skelaton at all. I could try to match it, but the model would look really bad. I know Kinjas yoda model worked fine on the skelaton, but his attempted to use more of a "bag body" around the skelaton. I wanted to do something that was as close to the real yoda, as I could get it. The problem is that there will be some clipping issues around the shoulders and waist. I am going to try every trick that I know, but honestly Yoda just does not fit the skelaton. If the shoulder bones were wider, their would be no problems. Now I am open for some criticism, just be cool about it. I really want to know what you all think. Honestly. Anyhow Hope you like what you see. I hope the clipping issues arent going to be as bad as I suspect, we will see. Marzout!

yodavmbeta2cf.jpg

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looking good, but to me the feet seem a bit too big. I don't know what you think, but maybe you could make them smaller? The face too, for some reason I look at it and think "young yoda".

As a model of a member of Yoda's species it is really good and very different, but I wouldn't say it's entirely accurate to Yoda, just yet. From the looks of it you haven't been using the original model for reference which is good, as it means you've done most from scratch, but maybe it's worth checking it out and just thinking about how they did parts of theirs (I noticed the stuff about the skeleton, but I mean generally). They did get pretty close, and assuming its Yoda, not just one of Yoda's species, then I guess you want to be pretty accurate.

Anyway good luck with it and I hope you continue to improve which I'm sure you will. Again good luck, hope to see any updates on this some time :)

Looking good, but to me the feet seem a bit too big. I don't know what you think, but maybe you could make them smaller? The face too, for some reason I look at it and think "young yoda".

Anyway good luck with it and I hope you continue to improve which I'm sure you will. Again good luck, hope to see any updates on this some time :)

Yeah the feet seem a bit big, I can fix that. The face is too big, or the skin looks too young? I knew the skin needed work. Good comments. Marzout

Cool,... I't's looking pretty good so far, but since you asked for some

opinions, and I'm a stickler for details, here are some things I think

would really help the look of the model.

The waist line looks to be a bit high, I'm not sure if you can do

something about it, but I think you may want to try.

The face is a bit small for the rest of the head overall, and I think

the cheeks should be a bit more angular, not quite so round.

The bridge of the nose seems a bit wide, or it might be just the

end of his nose, it's hard to tell as it doesn't quite look the same

in all the shots.

The mouth is also too wide,... Rather than have it stretch to

below the center of the eye, I think it would look more accurate

if it stopped just short of the pupil.

The eyes shouldn't be quite so sunken in to the skull, but should

protrude a bit from the head, while the jaw and lips shouldn't

jut out from the rest of the face, I think this might be the main

thing that's throwing off the rest of the head.

I also believe that his ears are a little small and might be a bit

too far back, but I'm not exactly sure about that one,... They

also shouldn't be symmetrical. Yoda's right ear is a little thinner

and doesn't curve quite like the other.

That's about all I can really think of right now, many of the chages would

substantially change the look of the head, so it would be hard to offer

anymore suggestions until I could see how it looked.

Looks really great, and I hope we will see Updates soon :)

HapSlash's Comment and why Yoda has a black Nose? Well, it still looks great, keep up the great work

And, btw.I didnt see anything about your MagnaGuard, are u still working on him? Pleeease :moped

Ba-dum-bump! Nice! Few things though.

His pants look a little high. His mouth looks wide, and too low on his face. Ears are a big small, and robes on the arms look a bit sunken into the actual robe. His forehead seems to lack a lot of wrinkles and look a tad blurry.

Can't wait to see updates!

Cool,... I't's looking pretty good so far, but since you asked for some

opinions, and I'm a stickler for details, here are some things I think

would really help the look of the model.

That's about all I can really think of right now, many of the chages would

substantially change the look of the head, so it would be hard to offer

anymore suggestions until I could see how it looked.

Thanks for the pointers. I actually had some of those thoughts reserved in my own mind, but hearing you say it confirmed my reservations. Thanks Hap, I am going to print this critique out, so I can address those points.

Thanks to all of you, this is good stuff. I am working off a yoda picture that looks pretty good, I think the skin should be harsher. The wrinkles are there, but they seem to wash out during render. Even in game (a breif test I did) had the same problems. If anyone has ever downloaded the "photo realistic Yoda" reskin, you know what I am saying. This skin recieved pretty good ratings, but if you actually look at the skin map for that model, it's not the greatest. I think it rated well due to the steep contrast for that model. I'm going to try that approach, and post some screens later. Marzout!

Hap and Buffy just about posted what I was going to anyway. Yeah, stick with their comments and you can't go wrong. I usually find difficulty in describing stuff. Its easy to say things don't look right, just not why :p

Anyway, are you adding hair? Hehe I hope so. Maybe you could make a Yaddle variation? (Just while you're in the Yoda mood, as they're pretty similar) Just a suggestion while you're working your way through this stuff. Good luck.

:angel: :angel: :angel: Updated Yoda :angel: :angel: :angel:

O.k. All your comments helped me out alot! I think its getting closer, but lets try this again. Dont know why, but the 3/4 view looks pretty good... Straight on shot, well... I dont know. Usually its the other way around when working off photos. The skin has been revamped. Anyhow, let me know what you guys think. Marzout!

answers to some of your questions...

1) Yoda with hair? Well I want to do that, I just dont know shaders too well. If anyone can help in that department, let me know. Otherwise you will have to do with skinned hair (painted directly on the model, not pretty thought eh?)

2) The model is not really ingame... What I did is attach the yoda head to one of my older models, just to see how it looked ingame. Kind of a quick review, to see if I was going in the right direction.

screenshot

yodaeditxfnl5iq.jpg

I think you're still keeping the head a bit too round. Yoda has a really odd

shaped head that doesn't flow all that well.

yodacomp6lt.th.jpg

Something you may want to try is taking all the verts that make up his face

from his mouth on up, and pulling them straight upward. That would end up

extending his chin and brow a little, both of which appear to be a bit weak.

His cheaks are still too smooth, you really should pull them out a bit. I also

think the top of his head could be a bit more pointed and the ears could be

fleshed out a bit more.

The feet are still looking a tad big, and the toes could probably be pulled apart.

But it is looking better, keep at it,...

Archived