Home

Yoda VM

NeoMarz1

Looks very good :)

Will there be a non robed version or a hooded one?

No, I dont think so... Too many possible clipping problems will be apparent if I remove the robe. I'm hoping the robe will hide the problems I am going to have in the shoulder area. I wanted to do that in the beginining, but after realizing the problems (with the body not fitting the skelaton well) I decided not to do it. I dont see a reason to put the hood on, due to the ears. Believe me, If I did that someone would trash this model with flames. Marzout

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply
the face looks better. However. Yoda's eyes seem to have too many bags under them. And he's looking very depressed. The mouth seems off to me. The forehead and skin seems much better.

Well, I'll see what I can do here. I'm trying to make the features a little more harsh (than they appear), so they dont wash out when rendered ingame. My tests showed the features to "Wash out", causing the skin to look completely smooth ingame. At least no one said he looked stoned, I was expecting that. I will see what I can do about the expression. Marzout

I took a look a KevinCoyles Anakin to work out how to do the hair on yoda, and basically what it is (I think), is just a bunch of polys straight out of his head where you want hair to be, or a curved series of polys, whatever, and basically you just make a texture of hair, and place the UV maps onto the hair, and just use alpha channels to keep the certain parts of the poly's see through, and others to have hair. You can randomize it up a bit to keep it looking natural.

I'm not sure how useful this is, as it's just my theory, and I apologise if I've missed the point or you already know this. Just offering my opinion. ;)

You're doing a great job mate. Good luck with the weighting and all the rest of it.

PS. I think the head should be more conical, as in pointed at the top towards the back of his skull. ;) Keep it up mate.

The update looks much better, great work so far. Higgie is right, hair is usually done with alpha channels.

P.S.:I'd like to see the wires if possible...

Well... I hate to say it, but I've only succeded one time using alpha channels, I cant remember what I did in photo shop to "alpha" out the background. I'll see if I can put up some wire images. Thats what you want right?

:angel: :angel: :angel: Updated Images :angel: :angel: :angel:

O.k. Here is the latest fixes, I'm going to rework the cloth textures... I know they suck. Marzout

yodacompare19ok.jpg

yodacompare27bc.jpg

Looks great, neomarz :)

Yoda looks bored in anyway...I dunno why ^^

But I love that the Head is smaller than the Model of the Yoda Team

Nobody wanted a Bighead Yoda at all

And Marz, I would suggest to light Yoda's Skin color a bit up but else it looks awesome!

Well... I hate to say it, but I've only succeded one time using alpha channels, I cant remember what I did in photo shop to "alpha" out the background. I'll see if I can put up some wire images. Thats what you want right?

:angel: :angel: :angel: Updated Images :angel: :angel: :angel:

O.k. Here is the latest fixes, I'm going to rework the cloth textures... I know they suck. Marzout

yodacompare19ok.jpg

yodacompare27bc.jpg

If you need any help Marz, I could help with the alpha channels.

Also, I think Yoda's skin colour could be a tad more "grey-ish" or a bit more "de-saturated" as you would do in photoshop. And also, the end of his nose needs to be turned up a bit, and a little slimmer, not so wide by what I can see from the comparison.

Good work mate.

No, I dont think so... Too many possible clipping problems will be apparent if I remove the robe. I'm hoping the robe will hide the problems I am going to have in the shoulder area. I wanted to do that in the beginining, but after realizing the problems (with the body not fitting the skelaton well) I decided not to do it. I dont see a reason to put the hood on, due to the ears. Believe me, If I did that someone would trash this model with flames. Marzout

Aww :(

Well is there going to be real team support? Maybe a Sith Yoda in Red Team and a blueish Yoda in Blue team? That would be awesome :)

My first and only attempt with alpha wasnt successful at all lol, it worked in 3D max but didnt in-game

Yup, wires are pretty much necessary to see the topology of the meshes.

Well my computer was visciously attacked by a Viris, so I had to reformat my drive. I'm finally able to post on this forum. Yoda is coming along. He now is "ingame", plus I added the Jedi Younglings to the file. They turned out well, Going to add female versions for the younglings, and a few special things, that I'm still debating on. Yup, I was right, the clipping issues were pretty much unavoidable. The bodys are way too wide for the JKA skelaton. It doesnt deform well, but honestly.... I dont think its that noticeble ingame. I know I'm going to get complaints any how, but thats the way it goes, right? I think everyone will be happy. I even got the hair in, but I'm using a different shader that seems to work well. I'm using a transparency shader. Yoda's hair tends to look like cloudy strands in most photos, so I think this shader works pretty good. Buffy should be putting up some better screenshots soon, so watch this thread. Marzout

:angel: :angel: :angel: Latest Update :angel: :angel: :angel:

yodaingame16jm.jpg

yodaingame21zb.jpg

wow Yoda and youngling so Cute ! I cant wait ;o ;)

here is screenshot I hope can see well ..

yodavm9wy.th.jpgyodavm03gs.th.jpgyodavm16gr.th.jpg

youngling0xj.th.jpgyoungling09dt.th.jpgyoungling14iv.th.jpg

yodavmyoungling22ev.th.jpg

I think youngling is good already ...

only yoda's right hand is gone when yoda standing .

also yoda's top hair is sometimes looks white ...

You should make a dark one for red skin :p and Ghost for blue or maybe battle scared one :/ either. Oh and....This might be just me, but the hair looks too thin, personally I think he should have more...and have the strands start farther back, not at the very tip of his head...heh

You should make a dark one for red skin :p and Ghost for blue or maybe battle scared one :/ either. Oh and....This might be just me, but the hair looks too thin, personally I think he should have more...and have the strands start farther back, not at the very tip of his head...heh

My opinion is the same.

Archived