Home

Oblivion [warning: contains some spoilers]

Fuu

Strange, I tried to re-create my Birthsign from Morrowind as well, but it never showed up in the list of available signs in-game when the Emperor asked me what sign I was born under.
Yah, you have to unpack the compressed BSA's, place them in the same file/folder structure in your data folder, then disable the 'use archive' entry in your .ini. THEN, 'duplicate' one of the existing birthsigns and edit appropriately.

The game won't recognize the Birthsign however unless you use a proper .dds file (why you have to uncompress).. and I *think* that the capitalization/structure has to be the same as the others... that's the "legit" way...

For me though, since I wanted to stop mussing and get to playing, I just edited one of the pre-exisiting Birthsigns to what mine was ;) Much easier and quicker...

I tend to run where I want to go as well, got to work on increasing that Athletics skill. I bought a horse, but found it near-impossible to "steer", and it seems the thing didn't move noticably faster than my own character running, so I got rid of it again pretty quick. Do horses come in different speeds, or are they all that slow?
Fastest horses are in Cheydinhal (Black). Strongest horses are in Anvil.. and totally worthless horses are in Bravil :lol:

and then there's Shadowmere.. who eats unicorns for breakfast.. hehehe :devsmoke: That and s/he's as fast if not faster than the PC and can outrun the Imperial Guard posse after a thief who messed up bad :o

Compared to some of the other houses you can get in the game, the shack in the Imperial City is fairly cheap. The most ridiculously expensive I've come across so far is the one in Skingrad. 25000 gold just to buy the house without a single piece of furniture, and then another 28000 gold to fully furnish and staff it with the 11 or so "upgrades" available to purchase. Pretty steep.
Yah, figured as much.. ahh well, I'm a thief.. isn't my septims buying it.. hehehe :D

The only thing I don't like is that placing things with the Havoc engine is a chore to say the least.. :fist: I may just have to stick with display cases since I can somewhat manage them. Bookshelves on the other hand makes me want to throw something :headbump

Though I haven't found much underwater anyway, no caves or ruins. Seems like water plays less of a role in this game than in Morrowind. I have found a lot of pearls in clams as well, but they seem to be worth little more than dirt, selling for only a couple Gold a piece.
Hopefully, my first 'public mod' for Oblivion will change all of that. I've always been a big fan of swimming and water in these games... frankly because not many others have ever incorporated that mode of "travel".

I've got a few ideas that will make water more enjoyable.. but of course, I have to complete the game first ;)

• Replies 480
  • Created
  • Last Reply

and then there's Shadowmere.. who eats unicorns for breakfast.. hehehe :devsmoke: That and s/he's as fast if not faster than the PC and can outrun the Imperial Guard posse after a thief who messed up bad

Is that a (quest-related?) NPC horse, or a particular type of horses? Can't remember seeing any named horses anywhere so far.

(BTW, is there any point in running from the guards if guilty of a crime? All town guards seem to be telepathic and omniscient as to what goes on in their city, capable of seeing and hearing through building walls and right through Invisibility spells. Wouldn't you have to stay away from civilized (more or less) areas or be constantly on the run if you have a bounty on your head? I usually just reload a savegame if I'm caught doing something stupid, but then I play a mostly law-abiding character. :))

Hopefully, my first 'public mod' for Oblivion will change all of that. I've always been a big fan of swimming and water in these games... frankly because not many others have ever incorporated that mode of "travel".

I take it you used the "underwater life" Mod for Morrowind? All those colorful fish, corals and plants really did a lot for the mood. (At least while diving in waters not infested by sharks. :)) The lakes in Oblivion felt kind of sterile after getting used to that, with only the occasional slaughterfish and mudcrab.

Seems like there is little opportunity to swim in Oblivion though. Only the lake and attached river around the Imperial City. I wanted to swim to Anvil in the river near the southern border, but the game wouldn't let me. "You cannot go that way, turn back." as soon as I got within 200 meters of the river. :roleyess: I wonder if that could be changed by a mod?

There are some quest you need to swim in.

Go to Bravil and ask about the Ghost

Is that a (quest-related?) NPC horse, or a particular type of horses? Can't remember seeing any named horses anywhere so far.

Answer:

It's a quest for the Thiefs Guild.You have to steal it. It's a black horse with dark red eyes.

Running won't save you...but you could try and go to the Thief's guild. I heared they can make your record 'clean' again. Just a rumor though. Any confirmation, ChaiNz? :)

Yah, she's (my Shadowmere is a 'she' by golly!) is a quest reward. Bad-ass looking jet-black horse with eerie red eyes.. and fights like a bull. She can't die either :D She "plays possum" then 'meets' you at a certain stable if the worse should happen...

I love my Shadowmere :3heart:

EDIT:

there's another "guild" you can join other than the Thieve's to get Shadowmere.

;)

(BTW, is there any point in running from the guards if guilty of a crime?)
Not really, I just do it to piss them off.. hehehe.. then sneak back into the Waterfront at night and have my bounty removed ;)

Mainly though, Shadowmere can also outrun monsters just as easy.. wolves, bears.. and yup.. even trolls :emodanc: (though she can also take one down on her own if she has to fight)

I take it you used the "underwater life" Mod for Morrowind? All those colorful fish, corals and plants really did a lot for the mood. (At least while diving in waters not infested by sharks.
Definitely! Abot worked wonders with that mod.. that and the "Birds" (can't remember the name) mod was a must for my game... But yeah, water-life was much more enjoyable after that mod. I hope something like that will make it's way to Oblivion even in it's limited territory...

Seems like there is little opportunity to swim in Oblivion though. Only the lake and attached river around the Imperial City. I wanted to swim to Anvil in the river near the southern border, but the game wouldn't let me. "You cannot go that way, turn back." as soon as I got within 200 meters of the river. :roleyess:

Tell me about it.. :fist: I hate that message.. totally ruined my "immersion" the first time I received that message :rolleyes:

Shadowmere is a cool horse, after i got it i ride to all the "dead drops" and did all the missions in a row. Really love that brotherhood. But i didnt know that you got the horse if you were a thief. The brotherhood should kill you Ztalker for stealing from them:)

(spoilers snipped) I love my Shadowmere :3heart:

Hmm, is it possible to do Thieves Guild quests without getting a bounty on your head or earning Infamy points? If not I guess I'll have to wait and see it until another playthrough. I'm a law-abiding Halo wearer in this game. (One with a huge, non-reported Assault record though, from killing poor, sneak attacked or paralyzed bandits or marauders, since I didn't give them the opportunity to hit me first... :roleyess: )

Not really, I just do it to piss them off.. hehehe.. then sneak back into the Waterfront at night and have my bounty removed ;)

The thieves guild can remove your bounties for half cost and without snatching any stolen goods then, like in Morrowind? Even though no one you speak to seem to believe the Guild even exists... Don't know if I've located them yet, but I did run into a trio of suspicious-looking types by the Waterfront at night that asked if I wanted to join. Didn't know if it was a setup by the City Watch officer hunting for the Guild (seemed suspicious they'd ask some random passing stranger if they really are that secretive), and didn't feel like finding out at the moment so I declined. :)

Mainly though, Shadowmere can also outrun monsters just as easy.. wolves, bears.. and yup.. even trolls :emodanc: (though she can also take one down on her own if she has to fight)

Didn't know horses could fight. The only time I've seen one that possibly has been in a fight it was already dead on the road, next to an Imperial Legion Soldier fighting for his life against a trio of Clannfear Runts that has come out of an Oblivion Gate that had opened just next to the road. Rather expensive loss if horses aren't very durable in battle.

I usually tend to fight anything that attacks me rather than flee. Perhaps the reason why I'm having a hard time getting anywhere, since things happen along the road all the time. Took me 10 days to go from Skingrad to Anvil since I discovered 4 caves, a fort ruin, an elven ruin and made 3 side-trips into Oblivion to close Gates I spotted. :)

Tell me about it [end of the world messages].. :fist: I hate that message.. totally ruined my "immersion" the first time I received that message.

I guess it's unavoidable unless they wanted to implement the whole of mainland Tamriel in the game, since it, unlike Vvardenfell, isn't conveniently an island surrounded by sea on all sides. Still, they certainly could have solved it in a more believable manner, with impassable natural obstacles instead of such artificial boundraries.

The river leading to Anvil bugged me in particular since I was far away from the border on the world map but still wasn't allowed anywhere near the river. Hopefully some crafty modder will fix it (someone with a computer powerful enough to handle the Construction Set, unlike mine :stick: ).

Hmm, is it possible to do Thieves Guild quests without getting a bounty on your head or earning Infamy points?
Not sure about the bounty.. but you will get infamy since it affects the disposition of you with other thieves (in a good way)..

The thieves guild can remove your bounties for half cost and without snatching any stolen goods then, like in Morrowind? Even though no one you speak to seem to believe the Guild even exists... Don't know if I've located them yet, but I did run into a trio of suspicious-looking types by the Waterfront at night that asked if I wanted to join.
Yup :) and yah, those are the 3 that you'll want to talk to.. well, the guy with the torch at least. He'll be in the same spot at midnight each night should you wish to "change your ways" ;)

The nice thing about this Thieve's Guild is they are more Robin Hood-ish.. rob the rich for the benefit of the poor.. The Dark Brotherhood on the other hand.. definitely not the people you'd want living next door to ya' hehehe...

Thieve's Guild can wpe away your bounties for half the cost.. but they only provide a few Fences to sell your stolen loot to. Can be a hassle if you need to lighten your load with "hot" goods..

Didn't know horses could fight. The only time I've seen one that possibly has been in a fight it was already dead on the road,
That seems to be the trend for most, but Shadowmere is no ordinary horse.. she rocks :D

I usually tend to fight anything that attacks me rather than flee. Perhaps the reason why I'm having a hard time getting anywhere, since things happen along the road all the time. Took me 10 days to go from Skingrad to Anvil since I discovered 4 caves, a fort ruin, an elven ruin and made 3 side-trips into Oblivion to close Gates I spotted.
:lol: Same here! I also found out.. and I guess it's a "good" thing, is that those ruins re-spawn/re-populate as well given enough time. Nice to know that you'll always have a place to go to get loot should you be uncanny enough to clear them all at lower levels :D

I guess it's unavoidable unless they wanted to implement the whole of mainland Tamriel in the game, since it, unlike Vvardenfell, isn't conveniently an island surrounded by sea on all sides. Still, they certainly could have solved it in a more believable manner, with impassable natural obstacles instead of such artificial boundraries.
Yah, it's a shame too.. but you can edit those boundaries "away" ;) Unfortunately.. you'll get some really weird graphics soon after (think Holo-Deck) :eek:

My guess is that it's (the extra landmass) there for possible future add-ons and such

I love Shadowmere, I always used it whenever i needed to travel, except when i could use fast travel. Unfortunately, I when into one of the Ayleid ruins, i left Shadowmere outside, but when i came back out, Shadowmere was gone, and wasn't at the stables.

Where is this animal? I'm not normally a "Theives Guid" kinda gal, but I would love havin' a superhorse <Yoink!>. The saddlebags mod was a godsend, it would be great if I could pair up the two.

Seems like many of my gameplay strategies are shared by more than one <*cough* stoffe *cough* ChAiNz> lol. It's kinda neat knowing there are those who share my strategy XD.

Something I would like to fix: I want to fight while riding! It sucks being wailed on because you can't get off fast enough. I think someone mentioned this before..... has anything been done about it? <Ack, I Have to finish one mod before I begin another. XP>

ON a side note: It seems like alot of the KoTOR MODders browse this thread, so I'd like to extend a big thank you to those whom have given me modding help/advice. Last weekend an experienced techie/pcgamer paid me the huge compliment:

"Wow, you really know alot about the inner mechanics of PC Games, especially for a girl <the last part made me laugh.>" Much of that knowedge is because of the friendly modders @ Holowan, so to anyone who has shared their experiance, THANK YOU!

Fuuhappy.

My PC sucks, so I got it for 360. It's awesome.

Okay first let me say that I admit to being an obsessive compulsive game-saver (400+ after a couple half days off and 6 levels).

If I was a swearing man, mothers 3 counties over would cover their childrens ears with various mattresses every time I load a game.

I don't see any kind of logical filtering mechanism (save number, level, game time, realtime, etc.) and every time I turn the console on/off between plays it starts near the bottom and randomly inserts new saves between the old ones as it goes up the list. Here's an idea of my savegame list....

And it starts saving at the bottom of the list each time, so I have to scroll all the way down (unless I've been playing for 6 hours, in which case the start to get closer to the top)

There is no smiley which can accurately depict even a small glimpse into the depth of my fury. (if you find a reaaaaaaaally angry one let me know)

I never really liked any current custom character generators, this one included. I can't get my face right, and my aggressiveness doesn't translate properly:( If you want to see my character, go find one of the watch captains in the capital city (they all look the same too:lol: )

I thought the game was supposed to be huge? I went to the northern mountains and couldn't believe how close I was to the capital city! I don't see the point in drawing other areas on a map if you can't go there (DEE DEE-DEE!!!--mencia)

Well so far I'm playing fairly slow, not gaining levels, not gaining capital, not gaining faction ranks, I'm an overachiever :xp:

@Stoffe, If you need a fellow House "Halo" member to travel with lemme know, I've never been beaten in armed combat, but I don't have any magic skill so it'd be good balance. The nice people have to start sticking together if we're going to rid cyrodil of D3 and her assassin hordes:D

I don't see any reason to be villain when everbody loves a hero;)

Has anyone come across a quest to infiltrate the brotherhood and destory them:D

I think I heard of another faction, some mercenaries in darkwood or blackwood or something, supposedly a fighters guild without standards?

Something I would like to fix: I want to fight while riding! It sucks being wailed on because you can't get off fast enough.

Or at least let you trample them with the horse to cause some damage and knock them down if you ride right onto them at full speed. Being able to run enemies over with your vehicle seems fairly standard in games nowadays, but in Oblivion horses seem fairly harmless (at least from my limited experience with them). :)

Last weekend an experienced techie/pcgamer paid me the huge compliment:

"Wow, you really know alot about the inner mechanics of PC Games, especially for a girl <the last part made me laugh.>"

Must have had different experience than me then, a good number of the best game mod makers I can think of are women (though admittedly I'm not too deeply involved in the mod communities of most games I play, I just tend to use their creations and make my own for private use.) :)

Okay first let me say that I admit to being an obsessive compulsive game-saver (400+ after a couple half days off and 6 levels).

Quicksave is nice. That way you can save like a lunatic (to avoid having to redo things over again when you screw up, which is easy in this kind of game) without having a savegame folder with a a file count worthy of a Microsoft product.

I quicksave a lot, but only make "regular" saves before major events (like before entering a cave or ruin for the first time). The save game count is still fairly large by this time though.

I never really liked any current custom character generators, this one included. I can't get my face right, and my aggressiveness doesn't translate properly

It's hard to get the face just right, I had to settle for "good enough" after fiddling with it for an hour, so I could get the game started.

Then only to find out that my character's face, which was looking pretty happy on the character creation screen, seems to be pretty much permanently locked in an angry frown in-game (not on the Stat/Journal window though) even though the Personality score is high and "Jokes told" number in the hundreds so far. There have been a few exceptions, with smiling and neutral dispositions but I have yet to figure out why, or what can be done about it. :(

If you want to see my character, go find one of the watch captains in the capital city (they all look the same too )

Not quite all of them. There was one very weird looking guard, it think it was outside Anvil, who looked like he (at least he had a male voice) had both a male and a female head simultaneously. And not in the androgyne elven way, but in the technical "this character has two head models at the same time" way. :)

I thought the game was supposed to be huge? I went to the northern mountains and couldn't believe how close I was to the capital city!

I think it's pretty huge... at least for my style of playing. I'm about 55 in-game days into the game and have pretty much only explored the land along the road around the Imperial City lake, the road to Bruma and Cloud Ruler Temple, and the road to Skingrad and Anvil, never leaving sight of the road (except when indoors of course).

I think the fog of war and initially lower movement speed in Morrowind helped create an impression that Vvardenfell was larger than it was. At least you didn't feel like I were crawling around at snail's pace initially in Oblivion, like I did in Morrowind. If that game had the same view distance as Oblivion you would probably easily have been able to see the coast on all sides when standing on top of the Dagoth Ur crater on Red Mountain (after getting rid of the Blight).

When high level and with powerful spells at your disposal you could traverse Morrowind fairly quickly. With a custom spell granting a large Jump bonus and Slowfall I could jump from the Statue of Azura to the Molag Mar fortress in a single jump lasting a few seconds. :)

@Stoffe, If you need a fellow House "Halo" member to travel with lemme know, I've never been beaten in armed combat, but I don't have any magic skill so it'd be good balance.

I don't see any reason to be villain when everbody loves a hero

I prefer playing a good character generally as well, there tend to be enough villains in most games already that you hardly need another one. :)

My fighting style is a mix of using blade and magic. If the enemy hasn't spotted me yet I sneak up on them and sneak attack them when my Katana. If they have spotted me, I let them eat a lightning bolt instead. I love the lightning spells so far in Oblivion, nice sound, decent visual and it sends the enemies (or pretty much any loose object) flying when they are hit (except skeletons, where it sends pieces of them flying all over the place). :)

If they are many and I need a distraction, I usually dominate one of them and let them keep each other busy, and then proceed as usual.

Standing my ground in melee combat usually don't work too well though, since I'm not wearing any armor, and my computer is so annoyingly slow that the game often drops into single-digit FPS values during combat, making it next to impossible to dodge or get a swing in before they've already hit me a couple of times. Seems like the combat AI is pretty CPU intensive, as soon as a creature attacks me the FPS instantly drops by 10. :/

At least the Acrobatics Dodge is still useful to dodge incoming projectiles and arrows...

Has anyone come across a quest to infiltrate the brotherhood and destory them:D

No, but then I haven't seen any trace of the Dark Brotherhood in the game so far. Which is okay by me, I had quite enough of them in Tribunal, killing countless of them, and finally King Helseth as well, since he showed no intention of stopping to send them after me even after admitting he was responsible (the fake assassination attempt on B). Or rather, I let Karrod handle it... Dominate Karrod, Frenzy Helseth and then stand back and watch the fight. Which the other guards in the throne room also chose to do. No one seemed particularily interested in getting involved. Being a sorceress is fun. :)

Frenzy is my favourite spell for dealing with jerks in Oblivion, since it doesn't count as an attack, and makes them attack first. Cast frenzy on someone in town and the guards will be all over that well-deserving victim in a matter of seconds. :)

I actually found their lair by accident :p

When i loaded a savegame in Anvil, it said there were some strange houses, and the major denies they are there.

So i walked in, went to the basement....and i got stuck...it needed a password :p

Would be cool though...

No, but then I haven't seen any trace of the Dark Brotherhood in the game so far. Which is okay by me, I had quite enough of them in Tribunal, killing countless of them, and finally King Helseth as well, since he showed no intention of stopping to send them after me even after admitting he was responsible (the fake assassination attempt on B). Or rather, I let Karrod handle it... Dominate Karrod, Frenzy Helseth and then stand back and watch the fight. Which the other guards in the throne room also chose to do. No one seemed particularily interested in getting involved. Being a sorceress is fun.

Hated them too >< i never made it to the king-part though :p

Yah, the Dark Brotherhood you'll never hear from unless you kill an innocent (or possibly slaughter a bandit in their sleep)...

Once that happens.. you'll get a hint message saying that "an unknown force has ...." blah blah... The next time you rest, you'll get a nice little visit and an "invitation" ;)

The Dark Brotheerhood is how I got my Shadowmere, so I'm not aware of the Thieves' Guild way (not that far into the Guild yet I suppose)...

But basically, she's a "nightmare" without the kewl flames :fist:

I love Shadowmere, I always used it whenever i needed to travel, except when i could use fast travel. Unfortunately, I when into one of the Ayleid ruins, i left Shadowmere outside, but when i came back out, Shadowmere was gone, and wasn't at the stables.
Just wait a little longer. The horse actually has to "walk" the entire route to the stables unless she's killed (knocked unconcious).. that's the only way she'll instantly "teleport" to the stables. You may be able to trace your route and run into her :D

She tends to dissappear if you go into a cave and she gets attacked outside.. that's why she seemed to "vanish" ;)

Has anyone else tried the quest for the countess of the nord city (crap can't remember the name, starts with B, it's up north) I've looked all over those mountains and can't find the abandoned fort.

What I did find was several square miles with absolutely nothing, except for some shrine to the king of mutant octupi, and several hundred wolves.

There are entire valleys in the north that have nothing in them, you can cross the mountains and rwalk through them until you get the "you don't have to go home, but you can't go through here" message without seeing anyone besides wolves.

Is it just me, or is high in innaccesable deserted mountains not a more logical place to put secret tombs, hideouts, and other stuff you don't want people to find? It seems kind of dumb to have so much secret stuff within strolling distance of your favorite paths and towns.

Has anyone else tried the quest for the countess of the nord city (crap can't remember the name, starts with B, it's up north) I've looked all over those mountains and can't find the abandoned fort.

What I did find was several square miles with absolutely nothing, except for some shrine to the king of mutant octupi, and several hundred wolves.

There are entire valleys in the north that have nothing in them, you can cross the mountains and rwalk through them until you get the "you don't have to go home, but you can't go through here" message without seeing anyone besides wolves.

Bruma? I haven't gotten the quest yet, but if I have problems trying to find a place, try activating the quest in your journal and see if the compass will show you the way. Yah, the compass tends to "hand hold" ya, but it's time's like these that the little bugger can come in handy ;)

Is it just me, or is high in innaccesable deserted mountains not a more logical place to put secret tombs, hideouts, and other stuff you don't want people to find? It seems kind of dumb to have so much secret stuff within strolling distance of your favorite paths and towns.
Tell me about it.. like stoffe, I can't seem to walk 20 feet without uncovering a new 'something' that needs me to "cleanse" it of it's residents.. hehehe.. that is until I go explore someplace that you'd think where there should be something really kewl.. nope, baron wasteland :rolleyes:..

There is one Daedric Shrine Quest far up North that seemed to fit the bill being in a lonely desolate place.. but of course, there's a frickin' trail leading to it :eyeraise:.. ahh well, time to go kill somethin' :devsmoke:

here's a hint: go to the first place she marked on your map, then follow the diary she gave you...

Spoiler:

More direct... Get to the Dragon Claw Rock, go West from there to the Sentinel... from the Sentinel, go North to Serpents Trail (it's a cave)... go through it to the other end... emerge and follow a scarcly visible trail to the Fort...

hope it helps...

Have I messed something up when I installed it, or is it normal that the lips of your character gets covered with some brownish "dirt" (lacking a better word for it) with just fragments and patches of the original, chosen lip color showing? (before|after)

Head to the Map marker that the Countess puts on your map. It just looks like an ordinary piece of rock, but you should get a journal entry when you approach it so you couldn't miss it. Then just head west from there up the mountain until you run into a big statue. When you are at the statue, head north again and you should come to a stone door leading to a cave. Pass through this cave, and you'll get to the valley where the fort ruin is.

Speaking of this valley, do anyone know how you get the key to the chest that is located in this valley, but a bit higher up the mountain side you emerge from the cave from? There some "Forgotten chest" or something sitting on the ground there that says it needs a key to be unlocked.

You mean like the hidden and secret shrine of Clavicus Vile, conveniently located 50 meters from the main road between the Imperial City and Skingrad? :)

Speaking of quests, do anyone know how to solve the quest with the corrupt City Watch captain in the Imperial City, who's robbing the merchants? Talking to other guards appears to solve nothing. Those paragons of virtue and justice just insult you and says its not their problem.

Speaking of quests, do anyone know how to solve the quest with the corrupt City Watch captain in the Imperial City, who's robbing the merchants? Talking to other guards appears to solve nothing. Those paragons of virtue and justice just insult you and says its not their problem.
The guards won't do anything againt their superior. You will have to report him to another Watch Captain who is willing to arrest him.

Itius Hayn

Edit: And talk to Jensine in the merchant quarters if you haven't done so already.

Have I messed something up when I installed it, or is it normal that the lips of your character gets covered with some brownish "dirt" (lacking a better word for it) with just fragments and patches of the original, chosen lip color showing? (before|after)

I don't think you messed anything up. It must just be a side effect of making the textures smoother. I found this thread in another forum on how to change your appearance without loosing your skills. Changing facial features without loosing anything I haven't tried this myself, so I can't confirm if it works perfectly. Best to make a save before attempting it. If it does work then you can adjust the diffuse on the lips back to the original color you had.

Here is my Before and After

I've never tried this game, but I might..is it better than KOTOR?

Is that a "loaded" question? ;)

I'd hate to get mobbed by StarWars fans around here.. hehehe.. but in my opinion.. I like it better than KoTOR.. but for different reasons...

I'm a sucker for RPG's.. but massive ones will always get a higher vote. Hell, I still like NeverWinter Nights better than KoTOR.. but that's because of sheer size, and my background "roots" within the AD&D game...

Don't get me wrong, KotOR is an outstanding game, and one of the true RPG's that actually made me *gasp* (the plot twist in KotOR I for example) ;) Moments like those burn memories in my head that will last a lifetime. KotOR will proudly be on that mantle. Next to Baldur's Gate, NeverWinter Nights, Morrowind & Oblivion...

Here's a few screenies to show you what I mean. Visuals like this is what I live for in a game :D

@ Stoffe: Yeah this seems to be a common misconception among male gamers/modders. In fact, I think I've actually had more modding help from women than from men <no offense guys, that's just the way the dice landed XP>. Thanks again!

@ ChAiNz: Would you mind PMing me the actual location of Shadowmere? I want to see if i can go steal her without joining the Theives Guild/Dark Brotherhood.

Something I was curious about, how many people try to make their char. look like them? I tried to get mine as close to my own face as possible, but ended up with "good enough". I wonder how many others do the same. When I get home I plan on uploading a comparison....Just for fun......any other takers?

Fuu

Archived