Home

Oblivion [warning: contains some spoilers]

Fuu

I like the sport of "Mudcrab Boxing".. great way to level up your hand-to-hand skill...(or block) :punch1

Comes in real handy once your opponents get high enough level to disarm you :eek: ..

Well, actually mudcrabs are great for almost any skill.. destruction, blade, marksman, sneak, etc.. they are the 'skeetshoot' of Oblivion.. hehehe..

• Replies 480
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I like the sport of "Mudcrab Boxing".. great way to level up your hand-to-hand skill...(or block) :punch1

Comes in real handy once your opponents get high enough level to disarm you :eek: ..

They are more useful as target dummies once you get some disease resistance though, since that thing they infect you with otherwise is pretty annoying (unless you use it to level up the Restoration skill with a Cure Disease spell :))

I prefer using summoned skeletons as target dummies instead to practice hand to hand fighting and level up armor/block. You get a few free punches in before they fight back, and you can unsummon them any time if you get into trouble. (And it's fun to watch "Summon Civil War" if you summon several creatures at once, when the ones you haven't punched tries to defend you against the hostile summon.) :)

But personally I think carrying a backup weapon (or picking up the one you lost) is more effective than using hand to hand fighting. Hand to hand damage is pretty poor, you have rather short range so you'll have to be next to them to hit them, and you can't apply poison to your fists, nor can you Enchant them with magic. Hand to hand does damage both fatigue and health, but since many enemies tend to have higher fatigue than health I rarely get to knock any enemies out that way before they die from the damage instead. :)

• 2 weeks later...

I thought Morrowind and Battlespire where great, I always was an RPG kind of guy, so when Oblivion came out I was suprised to find that it surpassed Morrowind by ALOT. The graphics are amazing, the replay value is off the scales, (I feel the need to start a new game like every other day) The only thing I don't really like is the realism. Theres not enough! How do foresters all the way across Tamriel hear me kill Rufio!? Luckily Bethesda was nice enough to let us solve that for ourselves, because people created mods for those things.

Oh and did anyone notice that if you go to like TESSource or Planet Elder Scrolls all the savegames are girls except for like 4 or 5 out of 100 something?

I always role play while playing Oblivion. (Call me crazy, but most of you have to remember that I created RPGs every like month when I first joined the forums.) It's fun to extend the Dark Brotherhood quest line by role playing.

Hey, if anyone needs help or tips with Oblivion, msg me!

• 4 months later...

Mod note: Now that there is a whole forum for other games there is no need to put everything related to Oblivion in one thread. Separate threads for each Oblivion-related topic makes it more easy to browse so I'll close this. Feel free to continue discussing this in new threads.

Archived