Home

Oh noes!

TheMadDoofer

My town (Galveston) just announced that they might have to evacuate (voluntarily) by tomorrow for Hurricane/Tropical Whatever Rita! The storm, by the way, is still east of Florida, and won't be here until at [/i]least[/i] Friday. It's not even a real hurricane yet, it's not even in the Gulf Coast (which usually sends it spinning into somewhere like Honduras), and everyone is already packing up! Now, I know Katrina was horrible, and that not taking precautions could lead to disaster, but come on! Isn't this a bit overreactive?

(No school tomorrow though - finally get to play Wow again)

Yeah, I'm probably going to evacuate now - I keep checking the web and every picture has the little line showing the path of the hurricane going RIGHT OVER Galveston, which is only about 18miles long. Hmmph. Luckily I live about 30 miles inland, so my house should be fine, but I'm leaving just the same.

We're gonna ride it out, we're not in the evac zone but we're still pretty close.

We got stocked up on drinks, and other supplies. The electricity should be out longer than normal because all of houston's help is over at new orleans.

So, after saturday, I probably won't be on for awhile. I'm sure you all care so much. :p

silly me, at first i read your town name as Galvatron and wanted to move there :o

Haha! Hell yeah, I'm movin' to Galvatron!

"Galvatron, oh Galvatron, I still hear your sea winds blowin'

I still see her dark eyes glowin'

She was 21 when I left Galvatron

Galvatron, oh Galvatron, I still hear your sea waves crashing

While I watch the cannons flashing

I clean my gun and dream of Galvatron"

Oh yeah, hope you guys turn up safe. Get ya ass ta Mars.

Archived