Home

SOE have done good.

zcizzo

Do you remember the old days of SWG? Everything was almost perfect, and you met nice pals etc. etc.

So SOE should be remembered like this. I complian to some parts of the game, but I try to focus more on the good parts! Like the social part.

Now here's my tip: When sending mail to SOE about bugs and so on, try to bring up some of the good parts of the game. Maybe that will motivate them.

Also SWG is fun! Just remember that.

/zcizzo the 1st.

wow im stunned.... i found someone on this forum who likes the game as much as i do... maybe this these forums arent completely doomed with the negative fibes that the official forums has brought here....

i agree. just bug it. i always do and i always thank em in advanced. i mean all my bug reports i send have been solved lateron. and i only bug things that annoy me... and thats not much... except for exploiting rebels.... :)

Corzip

Alot of stuff bugs me, but it's not the bugs themself, those I don't worry too much over.

It's all the visual stuff, Wing Commander space, Jedi running rampant around, etc..., game breaking stuff like that, that riles me up. :)

I wish I could put that aside though, cause I miss all the people I used to play with. But I just haven't been able to forgive SOE for screwing up Star Wars the way they have yet. :(

Alot of stuff bugs me, but it's not the bugs themself, those I don't worry too much over.

It's all the visual stuff, Wing Commander space, Jedi running rampant around, etc..., game breaking stuff like that, that riles me up. :)

I wish I could put that aside though, cause I miss all the people I used to play with. But I just haven't been able to forgive SOE for screwing up Star Wars the way they have yet. :(

I will never forgive SOE, or will more then likely never buy another SOE product, but i'll play SWG because it's fun if you make it that way.

I guess I'm glad I never played Wing Commander. I just changed my ship controls to X-Wing Alliance configuration. I miss the display showing the actual attitude of the targeted ship, but other than that, I enjoy flying.

Frel mentioning the good parts of the game; they're good and don't need to take up /bug space. Just be nice, or at least polite, when mentioning the bad parts.

I think that's Mr. Efficiency talking...

For those of you who like this game, hey more power to you. Enjoy. Play the hell out of it and get your money's worth. Have fun and don't let me or anyone else discourage you. Be forewarned from here on in however, what I am about to say from here on in will be the ABSOLUTE TRUTH as to where this game started, the current state that it is in now, and where this game is going. If you want a REAL, no BS, brutally honest point of view about this game, read on. If you don't, stop reading now because I will NOT hold back. You HAVE been warned.....

I can tell you from my experience, that this game was THE VERY BEST game I played when it was first released as opposed to today and even when I cancelled my account. When I started on June 27, 2003(day 2)combat amongst other things was BALANCED. Melee professions started complaining after about a month and ALL HELL broke loose. ALL ranged professions were gimped(nerfed)and hybrid professions were made less powerful than elites(nerf #2). How can that be?!?!?!? You had to spend MORE skill points to master hybrids than elites. Yet the devs did NOTHING to help balance things out with that change. We requested changes for months and got NOTHING. From that point on, if you mastered Teras Kasi with master doctor, you were INVINCIBLE!!!!! No one in the game could take you on unless it was another TK master. Then when jedi were unlocked, the game got even worse. It became a CANCER that continues to grow to this very day. Ever since these things happened, it's been a snowball effect for this game. Things only got worse and never got better. Worse still, was the fact that SOE didn't care. I know, I was there at the beginning and until July of last year people. I still go to the SOE boards and check numerous forums here and several other places and let me say that the complaints with combat are the EXACT same today as they were in November and December of '03!!!!! Now I've heard that crafting is unbalanced as well and unless I'm mistaken, there is no fix in sight for that either the last time I checked. What gives here?!?!?!?

SOE has done good?!?!?!? No sir, I TOTALLY disagree. I will NEVER agree with that. They have FAILED MISERABLY. If they were doing so well, how come less than 25% of the 1 MILLION game kits sold are currently in use today?!?!?!? How come they sell the game with 2 expansions now for only 19.95 or less?!?!? How come the last expansion came out to conincide with the realease of Episode III in theatres?!?!? How come they are releasing Trials of Obi-Wan the very day Episode III comes out on DVD?!?!? Why is that the case if SOE has "done good"?!?!? I'll tell you why and this is no secret: They hurt badly for money is the whole reason. The ONLY thing they "did good" was take to take people's money and never really improved the original game. They diverted people's attention away from the real problems this game has. They released JTL, RoTW, and are about to release Trials of Obi-Wan just to distract people from the REAL issues. They just throw the players a bone and hope the complaints will diminish. Same 'ol ****, different day. The worst part is, SOE.....STILL.....DOESN'T.....CARE LOL. It cracks me up. After all that's happened so far, they still want you to give them more cash for expansions and have made no effort to fix the problems with the original game. That's ridiculous. Fix what you have before you move on. They refuse to do this and only want to suck you dry of your cash for as long as you will let them. This will continue unless more people wake up and stop paying for a broken product. The only other alternative is for Lucasarts to step in and take control of the situation. This would cost Lucasarts BIG TIME though. Outsourcing this heap to another mgmt. company is not worth their time or money anymore. The game is now over 2 yrs. old and is not very valuable now to them now. Lucasarts missed that window a long time ago. It's SAD but TRUE. There you have it. Plain and simple, cut and dried. That is the truth, the WHOLE truth, and NOTHING but the truth so help me God. Take from it what you will.

• 3 weeks later...
wow im stunned.... i found someone on this forum who likes the game as much as i do... maybe this these forums arent completely doomed with the negative fibes that the official forums has brought here....

i agree. just bug it. i always do and i always thank em in advanced. i mean all my bug reports i send have been solved lateron. and i only bug things that annoy me... and thats not much... except for exploiting rebels.... :)

Corzip

hey, i love the game too u know :)

When it comes to time management, I suspect I have more fun playing WoW than I do reading that. Which is why I played WoW instead of reading that. Apologies, but two large paragraphs with liberal amounts of leet spelling (or at least the punctuation that tends to come with it) makes me automatically classify someone as completely, totally and utterly ignorable. Or is that just youth, today?

I gather Blaze thinks the game was grrreat on release, and then everything since frelled it. Well, join the club. Not my club, just the club that thinks the same way. I'm one of those people that quietly observes how everyone has such strong opinions about stuff that is actually interesting. Not that the opinions of everyone involved are interesting of course.

On the upside, Lucasarts had done good, yes? Knights of the Old Republic, yes? Okay, so the stuff cut from the second one was more integral to the plot than the first, but still... er...

I think the truth now is this,regardless of the cu,lack of content,you know the rest,SWG is a middle aged game that probably has maybe 2 years left to run.

In that time servers will be merged as the costs of running them must be huge,i doubt wether a second game will come along..hell i hope it does,but i doubt it somehow.

It's a shame that,for me at least,SWG failed utterly in its attempts at being THE game,it had it all,of course there are many reasons why it failed to live up to the hype,the main one in my eyes was the lack of direction in the game,far too often the goalposts have been moved to try and play catch up with other games instead of staying its own course.

No buisness would touch the game now,it wouldnt make sense to do so,so its SOE till the plugs are pulled from the servers.

Questions though have to be asked of Lucasarts involvment in all of this,they *must* have given the green light to all the random changes in the game,they do after all protect georges pension fund closly,i really can't remember the last game from LA that could be called good,let alone a classic,after all KOTOR was farmed out to outside devs(cant think of thier name).

If any lessons are to be learned from this mess,it is this,*if* there is to be a second game,let LA take it on full stop,the running of the game,the servers the devolopment the works..after all the biggest success of the last 12 months has come from a company with no track record in running a MMORPG and that of course is Blizzard.

When it comes to time management, I suspect I have more fun playing WoW than I do reading that. Which is why I played WoW instead of reading that. Apologies, but two large paragraphs with liberal amounts of leet spelling (or at least the punctuation that tends to come with it) makes me automatically classify someone as completely, totally and utterly ignorable. Or is that just youth, today?

I gather Blaze thinks the game was grrreat on release, and then everything since frelled it. Well, join the club. Not my club, just the club that thinks the same way. I'm one of those people that quietly observes how everyone has such strong opinions about stuff that is actually interesting. Not that the opinions of everyone involved are interesting of course.

Youth?!?!? Oh please.:lol: For your information, I am not some 17 yr. old kid with "I'm invincible" tattooed on my chest and one foot already in the grave. Apologies but someone who "assumes" to know my age category makes me automatically classify someone as completely, totally, and utterly ignorable.

When I pay nearly $200 total for something, I expect it to work properly. So do you and so does everyone else here. When I WASTE nearly $200 total on something as I did with SWG, I tend get VERY upset. I work too damn hard for it and I don't like to piss it away. Having a strong opinion about something that does not work right is something I and everyone else are entitled to have. You and your "assessment" of me is not going to change this. PERIOD. I and many others here hope that someone will heed the warnings that we put on this board. People come to this area looking for opinions about this game. They ask, I tell. I don't BS them. They want to know, I tell it like it is. If you don't like it, tough. I don't ask you to. If this game were worth it, I would be telling a different story. Unfortunately this is not the case and I will not lie about it. This game is broken, it's a ripoff, and continues to fail. Those are the facts. If I'm so off the mark, then let me say one more time: Less than 1 in 4 kits are currently active. End of story.

I wish I had bought the game a while ago so I could have enjoyed it. By the time I got it, Jedi were everywhere, there was tons of lag (probably the main reason I quit, I couldn't stand it, and I have hi-speed comcast internet)... It's too bad really.

Youth?!?!? Oh please.:lol: For your information, I am not some 17 yr. old kid with "I'm invincible" tattooed on my chest and one foot already in the grave. Apologies but someone who "assumes" to know my age category makes me automatically classify someone as completely, totally, and utterly ignorable.

What the hell does that mean?!?!? He even sounds like hes 12 with the whole "I'm invincible" thing! I am 14 and someone who trys to sound funny when they try to make a statement sounds just retarded... Like how are we supose to take you seriously if your saying "some 17 yr. old kid with i'm invincible" tattooed on my chest". Like what the hell does that mean?!?!? Anyways I enjoy the game, yes it has its flaws but I hear they will be fixed soon and also what internet game does'nt have problems? Also I only read like 1 paragraph of what Blaze had to say because I don't have that kind of time to read a four paragraph complain. Well thats all I have to say for now because unlike Blaze I have things to do besides wine all day:ball:!!!:violin:

Excuse my french but.. F*ck you! Dont call me child you loser!!! You sound all wise and crap when you dont know ****!! Dont disrespect me just because I am a teenager! And unlike you I will have a job when I get older so I will not even remember this conversation! So no I will not understand it when I get older because I wont even remember this!! Plus right now I dont understand it, I understand that you have nothing else to do but whine!!! Atleast state some good things about the damn game! And if you don't like the game then play a different game!! And if you don't like that game then get a job, a girlfriend, a pet, or if your so damn board get some frickin books to pass your time!!! What are you 45?

Archived