Home

questions. cvars and meatgrinder

yangyan

I was looking thru some cvars on the Meatgrinder server, and I found a cvar called g_maxplayers, value 2. This only works on enchanched beta 8, and all it does is duplicate the amount of bots, but that can't be its main function.

btw. OJP enchanced beta 8 doesn't work on my server. I get an error about entities and stuff, but bots can connect and i can still rcon.

and uhh, the meatgrinder server is running OJP Basic Beta 8. WTF??

I was looking thru some cvars on the Meatgrinder server, and I found a cvar called g_maxplayers, value 2. This only works on enchanched beta 8, and all it does is duplicate the amount of bots, but that can't be its main function.

If any enhanced cvars are being run that wasn't intentional. They're "left over" from when we've run enhanced for testing (usually basic is what we run).

btw. OJP enchanced beta 8 doesn't work on my server. I get an error about entities and stuff, but bots can connect and i can still rcon.

and uhh, the meatgrinder server is running OJP Basic Beta 8. WTF??

Don't know about enhanced beta 8, but it should work if you have the right files (and no conflicting files from a past version perhaps). You have to run the mod client side as well in order for it to properly work AND have the files in base, oddly enough.

The server always runs the LATEST version of the mod, even if that version is not yet available to the public. I thought Razor was getting around to posting beta8 on the site, but maybe not. Email him or myself and we'll send you the needed files if you want to run it yourself to try things out on your end.

Archived