Home

Server sv_download 1

jedi-Guard

Hello again, your gonna problebly see me type in this forum many times.

For the last 2 days i have been trying to get the sv_allowdownload to work and i did, it downloaded a file vadervm2.2.pk3 file, BUT it wont start download bastila.pk3 file. I tested many files which worked and didnt work and i did find out something weird i call it.

if the pk3 file doesnt contain an ext_data/npcs/*.npc it wont download it,

How do i force it to upload to clients with /cl_allowdownload 1 on ?

I dont use any mods.

I tested it with pure server and unpure, to tell the truth, it downloaded same files which did contain the npc file inside the pk3.

I did find out that if i use +set fs_game "otherfolder" it downloads everything.

but the models/skins/maps wont be avalible on other JA servers, because its in a different folder. :(

How can i force the server to upload to clients with clients have allowdownload on and how can i create NPC files to the models that is missing.

Cu all again

um, well if the server is controlling the bots there is no need for the clients to have that pk3 anyway. if you just want to create new NPC files, i think you can just put them on the server and utilize them that way. otherwise, i dont understand why you want these specific files to download to the clients computer? if they dont have the model, it will just appear as kyle to them, and since all bot control is done serverside, they dont need any of the npc files. the only other reason that i can think of that the client would need these pk3's is if it was a pure server, but running a pure server with custom pk3's seems like a bad move to me, since they arnt popular files that you could just dl from a website, most people arnt going to like waiting for the DL's if they have never been to your server before.

I think we both are missunderstanding both of us. I have this none mod server runing unpure with sv_allowdownload 1 and i have /cl_allowdownload 1 connect to my server it will start downloading the the model vadervm.2.2.pk3 but not bastila.pk3. its models/skins i share to my clan members as a service, not to have special bots runing on my server.

If you type *.zip so its vadervm2.2.pk3.zip and open that file in zip you will see a folder ext_Data/npc/*.npc <----- that is the reason clientsdownloads the file from the server, well that file doesnt exist on bastila.pk3.

How can i still get clients to download bastila.pk3 ?

I hope you understand me better now and sorry if am not writing so clearly again.

cu for now

Archived