Home

Dark Troopers overpowered in Battlefront 2

B.U.R.N_Large

Not sure where else to post this - hoping the developers will see it.

The most cheesy character from the original battlefront was the clone pilot - any one could use him, he was a no brainer that required no skill. Still, if you got close to him you could take him out easily taking none or a tiny amount of damage.

However....give him a jet pack and take into the fact that when you have been hit you drop to your knees so loose any chance of aiming at him - you die...Just to top it off, if the dark trooper was fully charged - it takes him about a second before he can charge again...COME ON! The old clone pilot was silly - this is just daft! I would rather take on grevious with a feather..OK I wouldn't but you get my point.

Yes the dark trooper has very little stamina (despite his visibly huge armour!) but he basically cant miss - even if you don't use the jet pack you can take people out from miles away. On Tantive IV the Dark Trooper is easy to dispatch - but then thats not his kind of board, he has a jetpack after all. Stick him on Utapau and he is almost invincible.

I love the beta, I love all the new characters - but the Dark Trooper must be fixed, way over powered - he was perfect in the last game, just give him the engineers primary, increase his armour and there we go :) If the sparkie gun must stay then even just removing the fact that you drop to your knees when being hit by the darky would be something.

Yes, Dark Troopers are VERY overpowered. They can kill anyone in 1 shot. With the exception of heroes, maybe 2-3 shots. When it takes every other class 2 full reloads worth of shots.

But there are forums on the BETA site, maybe it would be better to post it there.

Darth Andrew - I have the same concern, although for a big company such as them mastering and mass production can likely be done very quickly. This is a beta test after all - so I feel there is a window of opportunity, although I agree it is probably very small.

Thank you for the pointer regarding the beta forums, I didn't know they existed. I have posted there also now.

But there are forums on the BETA site, maybe it would be better to post it there.

Stop being such a boy scout. I want to know everything about the game.

And I remember on these boards when people complained about the battle droid was going to be overpowered, but in the end it wasn't. Just wait until the game comes out before you start complaining because right now we just don't know. That's why they make a beta. Find the problems then they fix them. Don't worry...

Looked at the DEV chat transcript from the other day. They said they know the Dark Trooper is contraversial and they are looking into it.

Also they are looking into a balance for the Vanguard in Close Quarter Combat since people are gripping about that also. They did say they will not remove a class from a map because they want people to have the option to play the way they want.

Cloaking Spies, i always wanted a Predator in SWBF :-)

Sounds like there will be a mode for everyone, The Celibrity Deathmatch for huge Jedi Battles for the good old Jedi Knight Gamers, and CTF etc. for the gun lovers

after i read this chatlog im really looking forward to the release

Archived