Home

The Official AHTO "Cool Stuff" Thread :) (56k warning)

Astrotoy7

hehehe....owing to some $$$ coming my way from selling stuff, a supplier friend who gets stuff cheaper, and a healthy tax refund... I got myself :

nVidia 7950 1gb dual GPU :p

79505ju.jpg

AMD (Dual core) x2 4800

amd4800x29eg.jpg

I could tell you how insanely fast things run on my compy now, but you'd get jealous :p

mtfbwya

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Can you watch TV and play consoles on it?

he said LCD Monitor, not LCDTV.

with one of these gadgets you can still plug your console into it if you really want to. I advise against it, if you have a high rez monitor/TV, you'll be disappointed how crappy console grafx look on it(as opposed to compy games)

Speaking of LCDs. I finally got around to picking up a big lcd for the main room, just in time for the world cup final too :p

40" samsung LCD that runs at 1360 x 760. Ideally I would have wanted a sharp aquos 45" that runs at true HD 1080i(1900 x1200) but they cost twice as much. Life is full of compromises :p Actually, once I put it in my smallish living room, it is more than large enough. Now got cable and my media center compy plugged in and it looks great. Nice table/unit to put it on and surround sound system to follow, but not straight away :p

All ahtonauts are welcome to come over for the World Cup Final ! Bring some booze, bring some munchies and Viva le bleu !! :p

EDIT: New pic with tv/unit/surround sound bizzo added

mysetupug6.jpg

damn, as you can also see from my post above, Ive spent alot of money in teh last cpl of weeks. Thanks to Mr Tax man :p

mtfbwya

@ Astro: is that a computer or a TV? :D

The display is an LCD TV acting as a computer monitor. Plugged into it via a good ole vga cable is the media center pc(the black box at the bottom). It runs windows xp - media center edition 2005 and is a computer that is used purely for recording and watching TV, organising and displaying pictures, videos, music. It runs on a p4 2.53 Ghz. 512 Ram and a 128mb grafix card. digital/hi-def TV comes in via the internal tuner card Ive installed. Theyre about the min specs you need to run Vista Media Center, which I tested on that machine with no probs(but since uninstalled)

mtfbwya

The display is an LCD TV acting as a computer monitor. Plugged into it via a good ole vga cable is the media center pc(the black box at the bottom). It runs windows xp - media center edition 2005 and is a computer that is used purely for recording and watching TV, organising and displaying pictures, videos, music. It runs on a p4 2.53 Ghz. 512 Ram and a 128mb grafix card. digital/hi-def TV comes in via the internal tuner card Ive installed. Theyre about the min specs you need to run Vista Media Center, which I tested on that machine with no probs(but since uninstalled)

mtfbwya

Shhh. Don't say all that too loud. If Jimbo hears all this, he'll want that and we have to save up for a fence and fix the transmission. :D

We did just get a new sound card for the desktop and we picked up Morrowind to play that before we pick up Oblivion.

LMAO I was looking at people's awesome new computers with their awesome RAM and all that and I realized my copmuter... (This is my dad's I'm on now, my computer has about 10 viruses, and Zone Alarm isnt detecting them...) has a grand total- PREPARE TO BE STUPIFIED- OF 245 MB OF RAM! OMG! BOW DOWN TO MY CRAPPY COMPUTER OF CRAPINESS!!!!!

I just recently bought an Xbox 360 though, and Call of Duty 2 (Love it)

So basically the only awesome things I own that I havent posted are my lovely and awesome gf, and my even lovlier and awesomer hair.

(Dont tell her I said that...)

Look, I already told you, it's not a problem, alright? So just get off my back about it. I'm just.......

*starts sobbing*

Oh god, I know, I know I have a problem! I never meant for it to end up this way, I just tried it once, I didn't know it would turn out like this! And now my life is ruined, I lost my job, I can't pay the mortgage, my wife just left me, and I don't know what to do!

*cries harder*

I actually got this a few weeks ago but thought I might chuck it on as I am really enjoying using it!! Since getting rid of my psp(which I was mainly using for music/movies) I was after one of these. With 20gb storage I can fit hours of stuff ive recorded in mediacenter, or mp3, pics etc :) great for trips, cool stand to prop up :)

I actually bought mine very cheap from a friend who owed me a few favours for building him a pc, but theyre about $600AUD from retailers.

pmc_120.jpg

screen on smaller side(compared to psp) but for the price I got it for($80) I cant complain :p

mtfbwya

I actually got this a few weeks ago but thought I might chuck it on as I am really enjoying using it!! Since getting rid of my psp(which I was mainly using for music/movies) I was after one of these. With 20gb storage I can fit hours of stuff ive recorded in mediacenter, or mp3, pics etc :) great for trips, cool stand to prop up :)

mtfbwya

Humor mode on:

(Jae, with elderly lady voice) In the Good 'ol days, when we used to walk 10 miles to school in 5-foot drifts of snow uphill both ways, we used to look out the windows at the scenery and play the license plate and alphabet games instead of spending the entire trip looking at these new-fangled little TVs that make young little brains shrivel up.... :D

Just kidding!!

Humor mode on:

(Jae, with elderly lady voice) In the Good 'ol days, when we used to walk 10 miles to school in 5-foot drifts of snow uphill both ways, we used to look out the windows at the scenery and play the license plate and alphabet games instead of spending the entire trip looking at these new-fangled little TVs that make young little brains shrivel up.... :D

Just kidding!!

cmon Jae, if you are older than me, its not by that much :) Theyre cool little gadgets I tellz ya !

mtfbwya

Archived