Home

The Official AHTO "Cool Stuff" Thread :) (56k warning)

Astrotoy7

John, this thread is mainly to talk about cool new stuff you've bought/acquired or would like... as for your graphics cards...

*A Quadro card.... ONLY a graphics designer would rate the quadro fx card as worth the pcb its printed on :p hehehe I've met CGI artists who rabbit on about them with nothing but reverence. Of course, they are of no use to a gamer or anyone else !

*GeForce FX "GO" (mobile) come with utterly rubbish driver support. Some GPUs nevere even get updated !!!!

The ATI card you listed is the only one I would use if you gave it to me for free :p

I'll stick to my 7950 GX2... :p I may go quad sli eventually but really there are no games that will push the gx2 at the rez I play at(1360x768 - due to my larger monitor size :) )

but enough gfx talk.... back to the "cool stuff" !!

mtfbwya

Yes, but sometimes I use Quadro FX card to play games, and it's fun. Nice display. Well, SLI is not a bad idea. Yes, I'm a graphic designer. Thanks for the advice. I'll put that in my heart.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yes, but sometimes I use Quadro FX card to play games, and it's fun. Nice display. Well, SLI is not a bad idea. Yes, I'm a graphic designer. Thanks for the advice. I'll put that in my heart.

next gen pc games are being written with SLI/X-Fire systems in mind. If you want to experience them the way they were intended to, SLI is the way to go. For those with just one pci-express x16 slot, you can emulate SLI by one the dual GPU cards :)

The more you look at gaming PC specs and 'next gen' console specs, those wanting the best sound/graphical experience will now get that from a pc. The advantage the consoles have are of course price(even a ps3 costs significantly less than a well decked out gaming rig) and nifty things like the wiimote :)

mtfbwya

next gen pc games are being written with SLI/X-Fire systems in mind. If you want to experience them the way they were intended to, SLI is the way to go. For those with just one pci-express x16 slot, you can emulate SLI by one the dual GPU cards :)

The more you look at gaming PC specs and 'next gen' console specs, those wanting the best sound/graphical experience will now get that from a pc. The advantage the consoles have are of course price(even a ps3 costs significantly less than a well decked out gaming rig) and nifty things like the wiimote :)

mtfbwya

Yeah...That's what I'm intented to do. But I have to make enough money to buy another Quadro FX card.

ChAiNz, everyone knows the raspberry zingers are the bomb, not the ones with that nasty rubbery-chocolate stuff they call frosting.

I absolutely 1,000% agree.. but I was in a rubbery chocolate mood at the time :lol:

@jmac

What is that (those)? Truffels?

puddingmarshmallowlwe9.jpg

EDIT: well, judging by the pic link I'm gonna guess pudding marshmallows? hehehe...

My new toy... Wacom Intuos3 9x12 :D

nice. So are they mainly used for graphical apps?? Do you use it as part of your job ?? :D

I love gadgets, but have never bout such a thing because I wouldn't really use it.

Oh yeah, the pocket PC world has finally listened to myself and others requests for a PPC with a slide out traditional phone keypad :) It's a bugger, because I just bought my asus pda-phone in August. Now I have to plot and scheme to get one...goal : by Christmas :D

Here it is, the o2 'stealth'(lolz), Basically an O2 atom with a keypad = awesome plus very functional...and very light at just 140g, which is super light for a PPC..

now back to the scheming :p

sc001.jpg

mtfbwya

Is that one of those professional art pad thingys coupes?

Yes, and this thing's a beast ! I mainly use this with Photoshop, Painter, Zbrush adn 3ds max. It's so much easier to use than a mouse and much more powerful. I was pretty good with a mouse and all, but i couldn't really draw, but more importantly standard mice don't have pressure or angle sensitivity ;)

Oh, good, another medium in which I can be totally art-impaired. :)

QFE. whilst technology may allow those who are more talented than others in the form of "art" to express themselves in more elaborate ways than before,, it still forgets those (i.e us) that still can not manage to colour inside the lines...

I absolutely 1,000% agree.. but I was in a rubbery chocolate mood at the time :lol:

@jmac

What is that (those)? Truffels?

puddingmarshmallowlwe9.jpg

EDIT: well, judging by the pic link I'm gonna guess pudding marshmallows? hehehe...

Yeah, I don't really know how to describe them. They look like flattened spheres of marshmallow filled with vanilla stuff that kinda-sorta resembles pudding.

X-rayR.GIF

I got an X-ray of my knee today... I consider it "cool stuff", next week I get an MRI!!

That XR looks clean mav....MRI yields the best images but are quite expensive, what are they looking for exactly ??

anwyay - back on topic :) My new phone will be coming on the 21/10..... As Ive sold my pda phone, Im left with a retro motorola starTAC..phunkeh :D

mtfbwya

Also, it's darker than a japanese massage parlour in here so it needs cheering up.
You've been to a japanese massage parlour? :p

Also, i happen to be getting a lovely plush purple carpet, pictures will follow shortly...
This is one episode you don't wanna miss! Stay tuned on the Ahto Cool Stuff Thread.

Archived