Home

The Official AHTO "Cool Stuff" Thread :) (56k warning)

Astrotoy7

Just today my flashy Microsoft Starck mouse decides to give it up after 4 years of heavy duty.

Show spoiler
(hidden content - requires Javascript to show)

starck_mouse.jpg

It was a good mouse, the silver paint got off where my sweaty fingers and hand lay the most. But so I got out to the shop today and bought a new one.

Microsoft Arc mouse, another flashy design ^_^

Show spoiler

arc-mouse.jpg

I'm pretty content with the Micro mouses.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The second picture doesn't work for me, Quanon. But if it looks like the images Google gives me, the Arc has a pretty weird design. :p But I agree, the Microsoft mouses are more than decent.

I got myself a new headphone with microphone, my previous headphone had his microphone ripped off and it was worn out anyway. The new one is a Logitech, nothing too fancy and it wasn't very expensive:

Show spoiler
132019.jpg

Just today my flashy Microsoft Starck mouse decides to give it up after 4 years of heavy duty.

Show spoiler

starck_mouse.jpg

It was a good mouse, the silver paint got off where my sweaty fingers and hand lay the most. But so I got out to the shop today and bought a new one.

Microsoft Arc mouse, another flashy design ^_^

Show spoiler

arc-mouse.jpg

I'm pretty content with the Micro mouses.

Wow thats a pretty cool design. Pretty soon we'll be able to make mouses like that but with only the black part. (probably a little wider though :p)

nothing too fancy

Fancier than my current headset :(

Wow, that Arc mouse looks pretty amazing.

I got myself a new headphone with microphone, my previous headphone had his microphone ripped off and it was worn out anyway. The new one is a Logitech, nothing too fancy and it wasn't very expensive:

Show spoiler
132019.jpg

Nice, I've got a Logitech set connected to my computer at the moment - they're pretty good, and durable. I'm quite proud of the fact i've destroyed about three microphone headsets through stepping/sitting/bending them, so it's good that Logitech sets seem to stand more punishment than others.

I had a bit of a splurge on Richard Holmes books at my local Waterstones, in preparation for my holiday (although, I'll probably only take one with me). Probably not what most people would define as 'cool', but they're definitely cool to me.

Show spoiler
51A9JkH2uCL._SS500_.jpg

It's probably not as definitive as Winston Churchill's version, but it's probably not as biased either. :p

From one great soldier to another:

Show spoiler
51VDyjgNs-L._SS500_.jpg

And lastly, because I can never deny my love of cavalry for long:

Show spoiler
9780297846109.jpg

The second picture doesn't work for me, Quanon. But if it looks like the images Google gives me, the Arc has a pretty weird design. :p But I agree, the Microsoft mouses are more than decent.

Yeah, I need to get use to that "gap" at the end of the mouse :p

But she (its a she, what a shape :lol: ) slides awesomely smooth.

My Starck lost his "feet" pads and was more scraping my desk then anything else. It also had a semi-broken right button, being stuck in my backpack between laptop and a book didn't do it good.

Nice headphone set :p

I got a more cheap one from Ednet, it does its job, but thats all really.

Perhaps I need to get that for a next purchase.

Today was the last day of the All City Swim meet, its a huge swim meet with ~1600 swimmers from all around Madison Wisconsin, my relay team destroyed both the relay records, my team won the food drive and efficiency award(basically means if every team had the same number of people, we would win) and the team that had been winning for 14 years in a row finally lost. Once the pools change their record boards Ill post a picture

Today was the last day of the All City Swim meet, its a huge swim meet with ~1600 swimmers from all around Madison Wisconsin, my relay team destroyed both the relay records, my team won the food drive and efficiency award(basically means if every team had the same number of people, we would win) and the team that had been winning for 14 years in a row finally lost. Once the pools change their record boards Ill post a picture

What relay? 200 Free? 400 Free? 200 Medley? 400 Medley?

What was the time?

Congrats; I remember how cool it was when I broke swimming records.

_EW_

Its a pretty low key league so it just 200 relays and the only event over a 100 is the 200 IM.

For the 200 medley we broke the old record of 1:42.32 with a 1:39.00, I split a 26.25 in the 50 back.

For the 200 free relay the record was 1:30.25 which we broke with a 1:28.20, I split a 22.69 which isn't all that great for me but since I did no weight training all season and my relay exchange was terrible Ill live with it.

I also went a 55.91 in the 100 back, getting second and I went a 50.60 in the 100 free, neither of those are over all best times but I'm pretty sure they're faster than anything I've ever swam without a blue 70(which were banned thank god, took them long enough)

Acdc_high_voltage_international_album.jpg

Mothership_Zeta_banner.png

Mothership Zeta is awesome in every sense of the word. The fact that I went around blowing up aliens with a rocket-propelled teddy bears while wearing aviator sunglassees, a cowboy hat, and Japanese Samurai armor, makes it truly epic.

IN OUTER SPACE

Copy pastya'd

I'm working 70+ hours this week. This would normally be a very bad thing but I'm doing work as a contracted electronics engineer being paid hourly to help build the new Sony wireless in-store displays, so, yeah.

All I can say from experience is "be careful", "enjoy it while you can" and hope the thing doesn't last too long so you can see only the positive. From 2006 through mid-2008 I have worked an average close to 85 hours week and above 60 for the past 8 yrs. I dropped everything last year as I couldn't stand it anymore and took a 6 months sabbatical at my own expense to do everything I wanted but couldn't do during the past 8 yrs. I since found a new job as in-house counsel and while I am now doing "only" about half of what I was doing (which is still way more than decent) I wouldn't go back to that **** hourly crap billing pressure for anything in the world. The new job is 10 times more interesting too.

(Ok I admit, I am in a bad mood tonight, someone just did a hit-and-run to my brand new car :mad: ...but anyway, one of my friends actually turned into a lumberjack after spending one year in a top law firm...Just be careful and keep your head on your shoulders: in other words, know your limits :) )

Got myself a new case, Cooler Master Storm Scout... $99.99 off of newegg.

Already moved my stuff out of my old case -which sucked- into this gem and fired it up... my proc -AMD Athlon 64 XP 3000+ - gets up to 42C on a full burn as compared to my 58C on the old case.... and my HDD's dropped from 60C to 30C, so I'm VERY happy with this case.

Pics from teh interwebz:

Show spoiler
158588_c16c5a3e.jpg

Show spoiler
coolermaster_cm_storm_scout_01.jpg

I think I'm in love....

Anybody gotten ahold of a surplus KES-4000A (or somesuch) PLAYSTATION 3 Blu-Ray laser reader assembly? (Ebay's HOT for that.)

http://www.repairfaq.org/sam/Blu-ray/site1/

YOU CAN MAKE A PURPLE LASER POINTER OUT OF IT!!!!

All I can say from experience is "be careful", "enjoy it while you can" and hope the thing doesn't last too long so you can see only the positive.<*brevity*>

(Ok I admit, I am in a bad mood tonight, someone just did a hit-and-run to my brand new car :mad: ...but anyway, one of my friends actually turned into a lumberjack after spending one year in a top law firm...Just be careful and keep your head on your shoulders: in other words, know your limits :) )

Heh, oh yeah. I remember how my new car was in a minor multi car collision on a downhill grade last year and I hadn't had it for a month. I was #3 of 4 cars. Some teen has her foot slip off the brakes and she's going WAY too fast down the hill...Not too bad, overall. Least it all got fixed.

Anyhow, yeah, don't take on more than you can handle. I had to actually turn down a job recently: Illegals wouldn't touch it, and professionals were charging a ton (rightfully so). To put it lightly, insulating is not a nice deal to begin with. Take nasty and multiply by 20X and add it here along w/ inconveniences piling up due to taking the cheap way out and neglect for about 20 years. Oh and spare no equipment needed because there are dangers due to it not being up to code and the landlord is a penny pinching cheapskate on top. Oh joy!

Got myself a new case, Cooler Master Storm Scout... $99.99 off of newegg.

Already moved my stuff out of my old case -which sucked- into this gem and fired it up... my proc -AMD Athlon 64 XP 3000+ - gets up to 42C on a full burn as compared to my 58C on the old case.... and my HDD's dropped from 60C to 30C, so I'm VERY happy with this case.

Pics from teh interwebz:

Show spoiler
158588_c16c5a3e.jpg

Show spoiler
coolermaster_cm_storm_scout_01.jpg

I think I'm in love....

Oooh, that is dirty... :)

Archived