Home

The Official AHTO "Cool Stuff" Thread :) (56k warning)

Astrotoy7

This outdoorsman machete my dad got me for christmas has been pretty sweet.

http://www.cabelas.com/p-0071168519320a.shtml

Rarely do I find a practical yet effective item in these getups with which I can practice sword techniques with "live blade/steel".

However, these will remain separate from the rest of my guild dueling stuff.

Though I still do get cheap swords, etc. and use my crafting skills to make dueling weapons with them from time to time, "guild" with my pals is now

little more than mongolian meat-chops and bludgeoning. Sparring to get good is one thing but so little philosophy nor practice, and it's pointless.

Let's be real, my buddies are into it for the party and the partaking.

Speaking of: I got me a new book or two...

tokitsu-musashi.jpg

Just shy of (in full) 490 pages. So now I have two interpretations of Musashi's "Book of Five Rings".

why-we-suck.jpg

Another book: WHY WE SUCK, by Dr. Dennis Leary. New print. Let's face it, to be an American is to be an @$$hole to some extent.

Had this fer a little while. Not a bad deal:

51Lt6YTm3aL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

Now I just need some original ideas for my own YouTube show. :dev11:

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
^^^ Nice shirt.

You can get them at the Bioware store. I think the current batch are sold out but I'm sure theyll have 'em back up again soon - they're selling like hot cakes ;)

I actually just also ordered the N7 logo tee, because its actually summer down here atm and I wont be wearing the hoody as much for a little while :p

mtfbwya

First completely random impluse purchase for 2010.

picture.php?albumid=100&pictureid=5839

I have absolutely no need for a cane/stick, but the knob/top/head looked too nice to pass up. Likely it'll be stored in a cupboard for the next 40 years until I need it as a doddery old man. I've only bothered with a picture of the head, because the rest is well, a stick, and not particularly exciting.

Good stuff Jae!! Planning on ME2 or just sticking to Dragon Age at the moment?

I'll be joining the ME2 fanatics as soon as I get done with DA and finish up ME1, though I still have to keep tabs of my buddies in LOTRO. We installed the psu and vid card tonight--took Point Man and me a whole 45-ish minutes. Not that the game looked bad before, but DA looks absolutely fabulous now. I had to turn all the settings down to the minimums or off to make it run before, and now I have everything maxed out. What a difference! The fan is also more quiet, which is a nice bonus.

marvel-vs-capcom-2-gamer-limit.jpg

I was devastated when my copy of Marvel VS Capcom (1) got stolen. (Bungholes!)

My homeboy just bought MVC2 on PS network for his PS3. It is awesome, almost every bit as awesome as the first. Crazy azz stuff.

I haven't had a workout like this in years. I mean seriously it left me sweaty and all out of breath. Hardcore.

For having been several years out of play, I wasn't too bad actually.

Spyro_The_Dragon_pal-front.jpg&usg=AFQjCNESeUh2_5T5S5aBlYvxX8ADHWAi0g

Not exactly new, but I dug out my old copy of the original Spyro and tried a 100% playthrough, which I succeeded at. After not playing it for about 10 years, I really got a hit of nostalgia from it.

One of the best platformers ever, this.

Amazingly, I never finished the original Spyro until at least 5-6 years after I first tried. I would always get to the 'hub' place that is dark, gloomy, and full of electric floor tiles, and I would just quit. Then when I went on a nostalgia run (All 3 spyro games, Grand Theft Auto 2, and some Megaman game that had nothing to do with the original Rockman/Megaman. Oh yeah, and I replayed the original Sonic games. Didn't get 100% on the first one, but got it on the next 2) a couple years back and finally finished it.

• 2 weeks later...

1102232x.jpg

The most expensive film ever made, as well as one of the largest and at eight hours, longest ever made.

The scale of the film is massive, much like the book - the Battle of Borodino is said to include a massive 120,000 extras.

I'm just not sure i'll ever have time to watch it. :D

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived