Home

The Official AHTO "Cool Stuff" Thread :) (56k warning)

Astrotoy7

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So one of my pals needed to move back here. Ran out of money, no jobs, too expensive in San Diego. I make a whirlwind trip from here to there, and back in 2 days on sunday and monday.

Decided to stop at one of my favorite electronic candy stores on the way back.

Picked me up one of these.

4638758.box.GIF

It's a "variac". Variable autotransformer for my evil experiments in my lab late at night. WOOOH-HWA-HWA-HWA! :dev9:

Nobody here gets that gaming reference. Now I'm a saaaad panda.

I know, I know. Not many people here on a gaming forum care. 'Cept maybe those with electrical or electronic backgrounds.

• 1 month later...

My latest cool "toy" with which I play. :shads3:

Show spoiler
(hidden content - requires Javascript to show)
523779_01_box_comping.jpg

It runs quite nicely with my "Sandy Bridge" Core i5 laptop with Nvidia graphics. Needless to say, I think my laptop is future-proofed quite nicely now. :cyb3:

• 6 months later...

1) roba-dolce-sorbetto-blood-150832.jpg

I know, not a big deal to all you whose digestive tract can handle dairy, but for myself this is HUGE since I have sorely missed ice cream due to discovering my lactose intolerance. This stuff is awesome good.

Oh sure I can eat lactaid but that doesn't help much if the food itself is liquid--maybe stop the bloating, and erm...nasty reaction to put it kindly, but it'll still go through in an irregular "fashion".

That's okay. I love this blood orange flavor so much anyways. And apparently I'm not the only one in the house. Someone has been eating MY sherbert.

>_>

<_<

2)

Built this with my nephew today for his racing games.

attachment.php?attachmentid=3050&stc=1&d=1361155569

Boba, I was seven years old when you made your account on here. Cast Away came out when you made your account here. You know how old that is? Pretty damn old.

Am I detecting family here?

In any case: Welcome, Sam. Hope ya like to crack wise.

Archived