Home

The Official AHTO "Cool Stuff" Thread :) (56k warning)

Astrotoy7

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

Nice monitor Moels! Sometimes I wish my 27" Samsung could do a bit more than 1360 x 768, but I bought it over a year ago... so thems the breaks ! :p

lol, musically narrow-minded people are so funny...

Bollocks NegSun !! People who make assumptions and generalisations are even funnier !!

My car has the about 10 cds at a time floatin around in the glovebox. Its always a nice cross-section of my tastes. Here's a little slice to demonstrate my ''narrow mindedness'' for you ;)

Madness(UK Ska) : One Step Beyond

Mozart: Exsultate Jubilate; Motets: feat. Emma Kirkby(soprano)

Ibrahim Tatlises(Turkish Traditional): Bulamadim.

The Beastie Boys: Paul's Boutique

Dillinja & Lemon D(UK Drum'n'Bass): The Killa-Hertz

Burzum: Burzum/Aske

Darkthrone: Panzerfaust

The Black Mages/Nobuo Uematsu: The Battle Music of Final Fantasy

John Dowland(Elizabethan Lutist): Dowland - The Collected Works / The Consort of Musicke feat. Anthony Rooley, Emma Kirkby et al.

But at the MMMbop boys and ****** country music, a line is drawn, upon which there shall be no trespass !

mtfbwya

PS- Your siggy reminded me ...I saw Cavalera down here with Sepultura back in 1992...awesome gig. My first 'adult age' metal gig - I was still 17. Got some bruises that night.. to top it off, they even did TROOPS OF DOOM !! 'twas amazing :rock:

There is more to a band than one hyped up song Astro, I though you would know that ;)

I saw Max last year with Soulfly, amazingly good, did lots of Sep songs...The last two Soulfly albums have been consistently good, thanks to the best lineup yet...Max says the new album is gonna make Dark Ages (the last one) sound like a pop record lol (which is quite funny since Dark Ages is probably the heaviest album he's made since Chaos AD with Sepultura)

New laptop--HP dv9220us

dv9000chassisa400sa0.jpg

Mother's day/anniversary gift--Fujifilm S700 digital camera (including 1GB memory card)

s5700imageag3.jpg

And for D&D fun, some reference/resource books. Jae's going to have fun making some killer dungeons.... :dev7:

productsdndacc956847200bk7.jpg

productsdndacc863170000nn0.jpg

nice stuff Jae :) as we say in Turkish when someone has acquired something they like:

"gule, gule" (pron. goo-le) it literally means "always with laughter" but translates more cleanly as "may it bring you happiness" :D [/end languages 101]

remember that cooler pad for when the whether hots up! (if it does hot up your way??)

mtfbwya

I've just completed construction on the prototype of a variable frequency, narrow beam red light device. It's hard to explain how bright this thing is for it's size. I've calculated it accumulative light output to be somewhere in the neighborhood of ~200,000 MCD. I can see this light through my arm.

I've not yet decided as to whether I should use this for good or evil. emot-science.gif

redlight1.JPG

redlight2.jpg

redlight3.jpg

That's red light in the center there. It's just so intense my camera can't pick it up correctly.

That's red light in the center there. It's just so intense my camera can't pick it up correctly.

meh....they have them in brothels everywhere :xp:

back to the drawing board Rhettski, and perfect that butt canon strap-on thingy you always used to talk about...

mtfbwya

Gotta have the latest in "USB devices", you know. :xp:

hehe....the fact that you mention that Jae makes me think you are recalling a post I made about such devices many months ago ;)

You should clear your bookmarks before someone young and innocent sees them :D

@Rhett.... If I recall the specs blueprint correctly, I believe butt cannon comes with a KY squeezer pack. Maybe it can be deployed to allow that firing pin to slide effectively :shads3:

@NegSun.....love that DMC tee...where'd ye get it ?

mtfbwya

hehe....the fact that you mention that Jae makes me think you are recalling a post I made about such devices many months ago ;)

Who, me? I'm young and innocent, a paragon of virtue. :ang3:

damn halo keeps slipping off my horns, though.

@Negative Sun below: Oooh, David Hasselhoff t-shirts.... :D

Archived