Home

The Official AHTO "Cool Stuff" Thread :) (56k warning)

Astrotoy7

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The KotOR comics are being released as TPBs at the moment, which is about 6 issues each I believe, but because it's more of an ongoing series than the Tales of the Jedi stories I don't see them ever being released in bigger omnibus versions, but the TPBs are nice enough, good value and quality IMO...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I've been building a home theater/man-room of profound awesomeness for a while now and I just got the AV equipment up and running. The room isn't finished yet but most everything is in place. May I present to you, the business end of my home theater:

25hfv6b.jpg

The projector is a Panasonic AX200U and the screen is 108" diagonal. I built the screen myself by coating an MDF board with a homemade theater screen goo using various paints, metal/pearl acrylics and urethanes.

The room has a 1000W surround sound system, a mini fridge, arcade machine, secondary tv, Xbox360, Wii, Xbox, a gaming rig that feeds into the sound system and projector, remote controlled lighting, a couch, a three guitar rack with a large Peavy amp for jammin', and a leather recliner with built in massage.

I'll post more pictures as I finish things in the room. Right now I'm building a smoked glass shelving unit to go under the screen to house the electronics and mute their lights.

Here's a video of it in action playing Bioshock on the 360:

Click Here For Video

So, who wants to come over first? :rhett:

I got the all of the metal gear solid 1-3 for the Ps2 for $30. Unedited, orginal editins all orted for the PS2.

Cost of Awesomeness; $30.

Cost of blowing a giant Metal Gear with scavenged weapons and sneaking around in a cardboard box: Priceless

It cost enough. :D Not as much as you'd think because I waited for a lot of deals to come my way and pieced most all of it together over time. I also repaired things to get even better deals, like the arcade machine. The only thing I really payed full price for way the projector but even with that I got a second year free on the warranty and a $400 gift card to blockbuster.

A quick heads up to anyone who doesn't yet have Bioshock for the pc!

GOGAMER is selling Bioshock for $22.90 for the next 48 hours! Hurry!

Archived