Home

The Official AHTO "Cool Stuff" Thread :) (56k warning)

Astrotoy7

rijbewijssw0.jpg

Pwn this! (No 'private stuff' mentioned on this one...no problem, mods :xp: )

Anyways, this is my happy face...according to new European rules, you may not laugh, frown...just sit like a statue.

Ztalkmobile (well...my parents realy :xp:) :

corsart5.jpg

corsa1lv1.jpg

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Normally, I don't show off my new stuff, but I'm particularly tickled about today's "gets":

My new Bose headphones

30380675-2-200-0.gif

My new mouse/keyboard combo (MS Wireless Entertainment Desktop 7000)

Microsoft_Wireless_Entertainment_Desktop_7000_Tastatur_Maus_clean.jpg

This one is going to take some getting used to. I've used ergonomic keyboards for the last decade, and while this layout isn't standard, it's more so than what I'm used to.

Bluetooth wireless, rechargeable mouse, touch-sensitive hot keys are all very cool features. And the keyboard is ridiculously thin!

I just bought an Original piece of art off Dustin Weaver (One of the Current KotOR comic artist's). It's a page from my favorite Comic, Star Wars:"Shadows and Light" (Adapted from the Datapad and conversations from K1) about Duron Qel-Droma etc, very pleased with it!:D

IMG_0636.jpg

...Bluetooth wireless, rechargeable mouse, touch-sensitive hot keys are all very cool features. And the keyboard is ridiculously thin!

I have one of those for my htpc...great for that context, but as pretty as it is, it simply aint functionally set up right IMO... as someone who has used ergo keyboards alot, you'll find that out quick enough :)

mtfbwya

Recently got the Bourne movies on DVD - awesome movies...

indeed. except number 2 however, I think the cameraman had the tremors..

As someone with epilepsy, it gave me headspins after 5 mins.. I ended up watching it on DVD over the course of a month :( lolz

mtfbwya

indeed. except number 2 however, I think the cameraman had the tremors..

As someone with epilepsy, it gave me headspins after 5 mins.. I ended up watching it on DVD over the course of a month :( lolz

mtfbwya

Oh, that's too bad! I actually liked the frenetic style of the camera; the movies do a really good job of making you feel like you're really there.

Well, after scouring the internet for a few weeks to find them, I've finally managed to get my hands on some of the geekiest devices I've ever owned.

27-04-08_1910.jpg

I managed to get them for CDN$15.99 each. They both have two sound effect, and the sonic has a normal pen nib, as well as a UV nib and light. They're awesome.

Oh, that's too bad! I actually liked the frenetic style of the camera; the movies do a really good job of making you feel like you're really there.

I just saw cloverfield and managed ok. It seems some 'shaky style' camera-persons are better than others :D That second Bourne movie definitely freaked me out though :(

mtfbwya

I just saw cloverfield and managed ok. It seems some 'shaky style' camera-persons are better than others :D That second Bourne movie definitely freaked me out though :(

mtfbwya

I think it may be a difference between "camera being shaken" vs. "make it look like the camera is shaky in Final Cut Pro"

I think it may be a difference between "camera being shaken" vs. "make it look like the camera is shaky in Final Cut Pro"

The final product is the amalgam between what was caught on film and the post processing techniques. Ive logged about 800 hours on FCPro, and I can tell you quite categorically theres only so much you can do for a badly framed and timed shot! FCP is a awesome program, which absolutely justifies the existence(and cost) of an uber Mac :D

mtfbwya

cool stuff peeps are getting :)

Ive been a bit busy with other stuff, but have recently embarked on redecorating my study in a neo-classical theme. One of the finishing touches was to add two reproduction paintings depicting an infamous point in the history of the Roman Emperors, the murder of the assuredly mentally ill Caligula, and the ascension of 'The Fool Claudius'

TademaClaudian.jpg

Paintings are both variations of the same incident, and wonderfully executed by Victorian era ('Orientalist') artist Lawrence Alma-Tadema. It seems he was quite obsessed by Ancient Greece and Rome, as most of his subject matter are wonderful, detailed depictions of scenes from this era

Follow the links if either of those topics interest you :)

The reproductions were wonderfully done, at a 'moderate' price ;) They just look super on my study wall :)

mtfbwya

Freakin' awesome.

Nothing's worth the cost of a Mac seeing as you don't need one to run OSX.

Professional editors, film schools etc arent going to be sneaking around trying to get a hackintosh up and running are they? Hackintoshes are the playthings of Linux people using their geek skills to do something that is almost actually cool :D

@Rhettski... great setup. I've recently bought a projector too, just in time for the euro 2008 soccer finals. Ive just finished integrating satellite tv (along with dvb-t) into my media center/server setup. The projector is pretty much the last piece of the puzzle. ....Im a bit undecided about how to go about the screen atm. I want the least obtrusive, least holes in the wall option :D

My study(man room sounds way too homoerotic) isnt as roomy, but when completed, will drip with elegance and style, due to its neo-classical theme.

I'll rant on about the connections, devices furnishings etc when I have completed it and I have some pics to post.....still not till July/Aug.

@The Sith'ari >> glad you are enjoying Tadema's works. When you have some time, check out Jean-Leon Gerome as well ;) Similar. Not as much of a Greco-Roman flavour, but a talented orientalist nonetheless. My fave is "The Grecian Interior"

mtfbwya

• 2 weeks later...

Archived