Home

The Official AHTO "Cool Stuff" Thread :) (56k warning)

Astrotoy7

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd recommend it to anyone. I bought the last one when i upgraded my computer three months back which i have only just realized i never posted a pic of on here. I'll have to do that sometime, it's lovely.

It was indeed alcohol induced. The worst bit was realizing i threw up from my bedroom window also and now one side of the house is cleaner than the other.

14770.jpg

Saw this in a museum gift shop actually :lol:, had to get it since I am a huge fan of the TotJ series and it was all in one book. If you are a fan of Star Wars comics, I highly recommend you read these. IMO, they are the BEST Star Wars comics out there.

8780198_sa.jpg

8780198cv1a.jpg

8780198le.jpg

• Gateway P-6860FX
  • Core™2 Duo processor T5550 (Fully Upgradable!)
  • 4GB PC2-5300 Ram
  • 320GB Harddrive (With slot for second 2.5" hdd)
  • NVIDIA GeForce Go 8800M GTS 512MB (Fully Upgradable!)
  • 17" Widescreen Display
  • All sorts of goodies

I had to pick up a new laptop today because my company's last contract purchased my work laptop and they requested it back. :( I headed to Best Buy after work, saw this one on sale and thought it was a pretty sweet deal.

So far I'm very happy with it. It's built like a tank (over 9 pounds!) and is super easy to get into and swap parts. Once the T9300s come down in price I'm going to throw one of those into it. Now I just need to find a good bag for it. :)

[/img]

• Gateway P-6860FX
  • 4GB PC2-5300 Ram
  • 17" Widescreen Display
  • All sorts of goodies

I had to pick up a new laptop today because my company's last contract purchased my work laptop and they requested it back. :( I headed to Best Buy after work, saw this one on sale and thought it was a pretty sweet deal.

So far I'm very happy with it. It's built like a tank (over 9 pounds!) and is super easy to get into and swap parts. Once the T9300s come down in price I'm going to throw one of those into it. Now I just need to find a good bag for it. :)

Nice!

How much did you get it for?

_EW_

4GB PC2-5300 Ram

Dude!

1. I hope you are running x64 on that, Im just itching to get into those x86 dont do >3GB rants [/not]

2. Lets hope you didn't get one of those wonky nvidia m-GPUs.. >>> due to the market response to this announcement(and 24% stock price crash), anything touting an nvidia m-GPU has suddenly become a liability for all retailers :(

That is a decent price though, just keep your warranty card mang, like Tony Montana says ;)

tony.jpg

mtfbwya

Yup it came with the 64 bit version of Vista Premium. :)

Hmm, I better find those updated drivers they mention just to be on the safe side.

yup. nvidias site dont have the 8800M drivers. Best scoot to Gateways site directly. >>>> Here's one I prepared earlier... its dated June, so maybe worth delving a bit deeper into the internets for a newer version??? The article was dated July 2, so:

1. keep your eyes peeled on gateways site

2. check via windows update inside vista

3. call gateway if your extra stressed and want to know whats happening

4. Use a cooling pad ;)

mtfbwya

<snip>

• Gateway P-6860FX
  • 4GB PC2-5300 Ram
  • 17" Widescreen Display
  • All sorts of goodies

Dude, that is sweet.

On sale for $1099. Kickin rad deal for how much hardware you get.

Even sweeter. Good deal.

This is actually from my birthday, which was a little while ago but still:

*snipped for space*

Muse t-shirt, friggin dope.

I've wanted this Muse belt really bad, but it's been 'out of stock' for a long time now.

76_30_a.jpg

Archived