Home

The Official AHTO "Cool Stuff" Thread :) (56k warning)

Astrotoy7

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
@negsun....re- the diamond....there was meant to be a lag type issue on the diamond, which is apparently fixed....but the thing that is making me balk is its size... I'm over big brick phones in my pocket. I like the size and shape of original HTC touch(like we gots!), but would prefer 3G, thus the touch dual being a consideration. ...plenty of vids reviews of YT for you to peruse to check out the diamond ;)

I'm not too bothered about the size to be honest, I like something substantial :)

My fiancee just got her iPhone too (though we never waited 7 hours in line for it like Sithy, some nice words to the lady at the phone shop and it was fixed in less than 30 mins on my lunch break :carms: ), though I want to steal it and call it my own, I'd still be more than happy with the Touch Diamond tbh, if not only for the fact that it's so different than the uber popular iPhone...plus it has a bigger res and is compatible with my WMP music collection...and since it's windows it's much more customizable than Apple-Restrict-You-Like-A-Boa-Constrictor-Software...Mind you the iPhone is one of the sexiest things ever though...

lolz. I never realised Rhett was actually called Rhett.

@negsun. I guess it all depends on what ones needs are. I think if someone is more after a multi media device, then the iphone is the clear winner. if a user is more work focussed, a pda or blackberry will give you more functionality.

I've just sold my touch and will be getting a touch dual later this week. I need the 3G and no wifi does not bother me.

I have to add. l am having a super time with my tablet PC. Works great and amazingly cheap, The HP TC100 has the same specs as most high end umpc's but costs 1/4 the price, due to it's age. Great for reading comics too! will try post a pic later if can get my hands on a camera...

mtfbwya

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

A few pages back I mentioned ordering an oil on canvas reproduction of Alma-Tadema's "A Roman Emperor 41 AD"

I did get it, new framed and looking lovely. Here's a comparison pic of the repro vs the original. with the $87,700 I have saved, I plan on buying a Taco Empire :p

discerning eyes may notice 3 Key differences which I actually requested. I wanted Caligula's blood smears on the marble bust more pronounced, and Claudius' face less ashen, and the floor inscription removed... I could waffle on for hours as to why, but I won't... :p

Tadema.jpg

mtfbwya

I registered for school today, and since theres a shortage of lockers the seniors have to sign up for one since none of use use them anyways. I signed up immediately when I saw that locker 69 was open. Im gonna go ahead and say it was a good choice even though itll probably only be used in jokes and never to store anything.

jawathehutt...have you posted that in the wrong thread by accident? very bizarre :p

I know page 1 is a long way back, so a quick refresher of what the thread is about

Heya!! The swamp has a long continuing thread called "Very Good Things." basically people talk about/post pics about stuff they have, and new stuff they bought... I like checking them out, its sort alike the "LFN Shopping Channel" because you might see something you like and go and check it out, whether it be a game, t-shirt, cd anything !!![/url]

Though I must admit, a 69 locker back in high school would have been cool ;) hehe ..It would also make it very easy to remember.

mtfbwya

http://www.simpletech.com/content/Signature-Mini-Espresso-500-GB

I use it a lot to transport media files from work to home / vice-versa. Funny thing is, the capacity is the same size as my main PC's OS drive I just built. I could literally use this as a backup drive (though USB 2.0 is horribly slower than eSata ;) )

Handy little bugger though, and portable to boot. :D

If only it had a 'vibrate' feature >.> :lol:

I bought this one not too long ago...no vibrate function but apparently it's beauty that's not just skin deep :xp:

Got this too last week:

new monitor

new CPU (currently boosted to 4ghz)

new video card

plus this...I know I said I wouldn't get it but they loosened up their security stuff...besides, only idiots don't change their minds :o

But the biggest gift of all is that I am taking a sabbatical :D Dammit! I thought I was busy at work...there's so much I want to do...I wonder how some people ever manage to get bored...

Archived