Home

The Official AHTO "Cool Stuff" Thread :) (56k warning)

Astrotoy7

cmon Jae, if you are older than me, its not by that much :) Theyre cool little gadgets I tellz ya !

mtfbwya

:D I do have a little more 'time experience' on you. But I'm also still permanently 29. :)

We do have our toys, too. I have a cigarette lighter adapter in our van. I plugged in my laptop on our last long trip and played Kotor in the back seat with my kids or typed on my fic when they napped. Jimbo played the game when I was driving. We switched to the license plate and alphabet games when we blew the fuse to our cigarette lighter. :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Woo! I play on the Demon Soul server as a night elf druid, Anarion.

Cool. I'm a night elf priest named Moonseng on the same server. Though, I may need to level up a bit before I can group with you. I'm still at level 3. :p

I got a bunch of crap today.

ipodnano.jpg

I can finally listen to music again. I also bought a $25 itunes card.

calculator.jpg

My old TI-83 broke, and you can't go through college calculus without one, so I got a new TI-84 plus.

I also bought a cheap 512 mb flash drive.

Woo!

My old TI-83 broke, and you can't go through college calculus without one, so I got a new TI-84 plus.

If you want to cruise your way through calculus, get a TI-89, it can produce answers in relation to x, meaning it can take anything algebra, derivative, integrals and it will pop out the answer in terms of x. Say for example you type into a TI-89; 2x * 5x and it will poop out: 10x^2, simple example, it can do much more complex things. Problem is, you rely on the calculator and don't really learn anything :xp: I used to know how to do it the graph paper way, then I found the TI-89 and I've been dumber ever since. Oh and some standardized tests (ACTs) don't allow the TI-89, I had to do the math section without a calculator…

If you want to cruise your way through calculus, get a TI-89, it can produce answers in relation to x, meaning it can take anything algebra, derivative, integrals and it will pop out the answer in terms of x. Say for example you type into a TI-89; 2x * 5x and it will poop out: 10x^2, simple example, it can do much more complex things. Problem is, you rely on the calculator and don't really learn anything :xp: I used to know how to do it the graph paper way, then I found the TI-89 and I've been dumber ever since. Oh and some standardized tests (ACTs) don't allow the TI-89, I had to do the math section without a calculator…

I wanted to get the TI-92, but those are forbidden. :p I think I'll be okay though. ;)

those things are like typewriters, lol

Had one of those, too. :D

You're only as old as you feel. And I feel 29. ;)

And semi-on-topic, I'm hoping to get another laptop in the next 6 months, something that'll really play Kotor nicely. I'll be happy if the vid card has more than the 32 I have currently. I thought briefly that it was very strange to pick out a laptop based on how well it'll play a PC game, and then I ignored it and loaded up Kotor. :)

Had one of those, too. :D

I have one :D, I'm not 29 ;), but I used to use my old typewriter, paper, a paintbrush and coffee to make it look like I typed on parchment :p I had the coolest 2nd grade report ever ;)

back on-topic, this is the next must buy game for me:

646539b.jpg

We'll probably get that for my son for Christmas (Lordy, is it time to think about holidays? Don't beat me over the head for that one--I buy gifts early to spread the cost out over time and avoid the nutsoid holiday shopping, which I detest). He's got the current Lego SW on PS and loves it. He and another friend enjoy bouncing each other's guys off platforms to see them fall apart. They don't get a lot of the game accomplished, but they have a good time playing. It's fun to watch them laughing.

Archived