Home

50th anniversary of time travel coming up quick!

matt--

Who's excited for the upcoming 50th anniversary of time travel?

On November 5, 1955, Emmett Brown slipped off his toilet and hit his head, knocking him unconscious and inspiring him with the idea of the flux capacitor, the device which makes time travel possible.

How are you going to celebrate?

A professor in my area named Ron Mallett is working on an actual time machine, apparently creating a black hole of sorts using a cyclone of laser beams.

I wonder what a flux capacitator is anyway...?

Does anyone else see the problem with making a black hole?

You know, if You were traped in the past all you would have to do is leave a note for yourself telling you NOT to get in the car with the gullwing doors and very stange clock in the dash and to NOT, under ANY circumtances, drive it over 88mph and you wouldn't get stuck in the past, but if you didn't go to the past how would you have left the note... Oh no I've gone cross eyed.

Damn these paradoxes!

That is why BTTF dosn't work, You couldn't alter the past because it would have been already altered before you left.

For example, you couldn't go back in time and erase yourself from history because you would have been erased before you left. so even if you tried to go and kill one of your ansestors you know before you start that something will stop you.

You know, if You were traped in the past all you would have to do is leave a note for yourself telling you NOT to get in the car with the gullwing doors and very stange clock in the dash and to NOT, under ANY circumtances, drive it over 88mph and you wouldn't get stuck in the past, but if you didn't go to the past how would you have left the note... Oh no I've gone cross eyed.

Damn these paradoxes!

That is why BTTF dosn't work, You couldn't alter the past because it would have been already altered before you left.

For example, you couldn't go back in time and erase yourself from history because you would have been erased before you left. so even if you tried to go and kill one of your ansestors you know before you start that something will stop you.

Some theorize that going back in time and changing events would create an alternate reality, without destroying your own. But that's too weird to think about. :p

Archived