Home

Creating a (Beta) Server (works with Full Version too!)

Nobodymrb

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply
He might have hijacked some sort of server console .. just search for the

TAW-clan's details, might get you onto something.

I've already joined the server (later it was unlocked) and asked. They said it was a secret and I should join their clan. -.-

I don't think so... ^^

Well, I've created a thread in their forums and they have deleted it ... !

Here is a link to most of the command line options: http://www.tweakguides.com/SWB_7.html

I have tested most of them and they work. The only problem I am having is that I don't know any of the map names, and thus can't add them to my server. (sort of a big problem isn't it)

To add the commands:

1) Right-click on your SWBF2 shortcut

2) Select 'Properties'

3) Go to the 'Shortcut tab'

4) under 'Target' add the options you want after what is already in there.

An example 'Target' line:

"D:\games\Star Wars Battlefront II Beta\GameData\BattlefrontIIEngBeta.exe" /win /nosound

The "/win" and "/nosound" where added for the game to be displayed in a windowed and with no sound.

Listen up, this is how to make a server:

Here are the level codes:

Utapau - Outdoor

uta1g_1flag = Rebels vs Empire Capture the flag

uta1c_1flag = Republic vs CSI Capture the flag

uta1g_con = Rebels vs Empire Conquest

uta1c_con = CSI vs Republic Conquest

Tantive IV - Indoor

tan1c_con Republic vs CSI Conquest

tan1g_con Rebels vs Empire Conquest

tan1c_1flag Republic vs CSI Capture the flag

tan1g_1flag Rebels vs Empire Capture the flag

Space Level

spa1g_1flag Empire vs Rebels Capture the flag

spa1g_ass Empire vs Rebels Assault

Step 1. Make a shortcut to the battlefrontII program file (BattlefrontIIEngBeta.exe) and place on your desktop.

Step 2. Rename this to "Server" so it's easy to remember

Step 3. Right click on the icon and replace the contents of "Target" with the text below:

"C:\Program Files\LucasArts\Star Wars Battlefront II Beta\GameData\BattlefrontIIEngBeta.exe" /nointro /win /norender /autonet dedicated /resolution 320 240 /nosound /gamename myServer /playerlimit 8 /playercount 0 /bots 16 /difficulty 3 tan1g_con

This will get a 1 map (Tantive IV Galactic Conquest up and running. If you want to include more maps / options then you need to run a batch file instead (as the amount of characters you can fit in a shortcut is limited).

An example of a more interesting server:

"C:\Program Files\LucasArts\Star Wars Battlefront II Beta\GameData\BattlefrontIIEngBeta.exe" /nointro /win /norender /autonet dedicated /resolution 320 240 /nosound /throttle 256 /gamename tiler /playerlimit 4 /playercount 0 /sideselect /bots 0 /difficulty 2 /password dad tan1c_con 200 200 uta1c_con 200 200 tan1g_con 200 200 uta1g_con 200 200

You can create as many dedicated servers on your computer that it can take. You can also join one of your own by running the game normally, and selecting your server from the list. So are the servers really dedicated if you are running one and playing on it at the same time?

(I did not edit this onto my last post as this one is a day later, and if you edit your post, it doesn't show up on the 'view new posts' link does it?)

Well, all I have to do is change the code. For example, I change uta1c_con, meaning Utapau, Clone Wars Era, Conquest, to myg1c_con, meaning Mygeeto, Clone Wars Era, Conquest. Well, I can do that, but all I see when I spawn is a black box, and you can't spawn, either.

EDIT: As you see in this example, I successfully got the load screen for Kashyyyk to appear:

Example1

But, this is all I see:

Example2

I figured out how to do other maps not in the beta!

I think you mean they ARE in the beta, just hidden. Logically you cannot run a map if it's not in the beta, since... (surprise!) it's not in the beta!

You're saying that there are more than those four maps most servers are running, right?

Edit: Anyway, I see you're saying this is just how you load maps, but since the map files aren't actually THERE, then you just get those black boxes. ;)

All the maps are in the mission.lvl file. However, all the maps do not have dedicated files. The game knows the maps exist (from the mission.lvl) but the files that hold the map layouts are non-existant. At least thats what I think.

To disable team damage use: /noteamdamage

Well, all I have to do is change the code. For example, I change uta1c_con, meaning Utapau, Clone Wars Era, Conquest, to myg1c_con, meaning Mygeeto, Clone Wars Era, Conquest. Well, I can do that, but all I see when I spawn is a black box, and you can't spawn, either.

EDIT: As you see in this example, I successfully got the load screen for Kashyyyk to appear:

Example1

But, this is all I see:

Example2

Tryed it out for Mygeeto, same here, to bad the files are not in the beta :(

How is this possible?

Have a look...

http://img397.imageshack.us/img397/7636/swbf21aq.jpg

(Later the ping changed to 255)

now isn't that interesting. :halo2:

I can tell you that we at TAW are helping test the server code and managers.

as of today, I have three SWBF2 servers running with more to come. if you're really interested, check out our website. http://www.theartofwarfare.net

I've already joined the server (later it was unlocked) and asked. They said it was a secret and I should join their clan. -.-

I don't think so... ^^

Well, I've created a thread in their forums and they have deleted it ... !

I didn't delete your thread. It was moved to a secure part of the forums. I can always move it back if you like.

When someone figures out how to put a password on thier server using the command line shortcut, i'll buy you a cookie.

Better yet, put an admin password on the server using the command line trick. If someone knows your admin password, or if you don't have one, someone can log in to your server's in game admin and do all kinds of neat things. like ban everyone.

Archived