Home

Heavy Troopers

clonearcman

I recently went to the battlefront 2 site and i was looking at the heavy troopers (which they don't call arc troopers directly) and i don't know what to think. I think they look kinda cool and kinda not cool. The helmet looks to bulky and the uniform is missing the blue things that i liked (i don't know if the developers havn't gotten that far or what but they ain't there). What do you guys think?

The Heavy trooper uniform is actually the same as Commander Bacaras in Revenge of the Sith, don't know if there to lazy to change this or just think people don't care. I would prefer it if he just looked like a normal trooper, maybe with a shoulder patch or somthing to signify that he is a heavy trooper.

My main gripe is with there equipment, they still have mines. They should give those to the technician class IMHO.

i think it should be like a regular trooper with the arc pauldron and waste cape like the ARC trooper exhept like ep 3 style. I don't think that teh clone commander shld be the galactic marine. It should be like if your going to play mygeeto, you will be commander bacara, Felucia, commander bly, but you had to earn it so in a way its a hero, But for otehr missions it should be like a red arc trooper. Although that is compicated idk tell me what you guys think

Yeah that could be it to, although I would hope that they would know somthing like that. I still think that they probably just did it because they think it looks cool (in there opinion) and to make it easier to tell the diffrence between classes. It will probably come as a big shock to them that some people are actually complaining about this.

. I don't think that teh clone commander shld be the galactic marine.

How come? I think they should. Well not exactly marines. Their training was designed and was good enough to make them into independent fighters. Thats what makes them so unique. So I think they should be designated as clone special forces. But that too could be arguable because special forces could be the delta squad teams in republic commando. :coffee:

How come? I think they should. Well not exactly marines. Their training was designed and was good enough to make them into independent fighters. Thats what makes them so unique. So I think they should be designated as clone special forces. But that too could be arguable because special forces could be the delta squad teams in republic commando. :coffee:

Um, no... marines are not special forces, officers, or independent at all. Marines are basically grunts.

Weren't marines speacially trained to fight in hostile and exotic locations? Either way a speacially trained grunt is still a grunt.

I know this isn't the most important aspect of the game, but think of it this way: how many people would be upset if they gave the imperial officer snow trooper armor? This is wrong in exactly the same way in my humble opinion.

Someone want to explain to me why everyone compares SWBF to BF? They are not the same games. Though, I must admitt I have never played BF so I don't know a whole lot about it.

Because we thought that SWBF would be Star Wars meets BF1942.

(And there's a free multiplayer demo for BF2 out for download, try it out!)

Yeah, I did. Sorry. I hate games with similar titles, y'know!

But why do people compare Battlefield 2 with BattleFront 2? Well, played Battlefield 2 and it's fun, but it's very realistic and so you can spend ages doing nothing and then BANG headshot from 500 metres or drive in a tank and get straight into an ambush. It's cool when you get squads working, I'm sure. And the atmosphere is pretty much there. It's not a WW2 thriller, but more open, silent and violent and then suddenly, right into the middle of hell itself.

But the AI sucks and SP is non-existant and that's the market that Battlefront 2 is making headway, I think. Okay, the AI sucks, but there's a single player mode in there.

Also, because it's a console release primarily, it has to have decent modes for people with RL friends to muck around with. It's why I think the co-op of Battlefront 1 was so important. I would NOT buy it for my own pleasure. I've borrowed it and it's short and boring. But as soon as you have a friend you can shout cusses/orders at or to give you backup and random "YOU SHALL NOT PASSS!" quotes you get it to be a lot more fun. It's a catalyst for fun with a friend.

But for PC, well, I could probably agree with the nay-sayers. It's not going to be cool when you have morons online and your team bots are stupider then Zerglings (which may or may not be a cuss).

Archived