LegoRevan

Do You Want KOTOR 3 On DVD?  

49 members have voted

1. 1. Do You Want KOTOR 3 On DVD?

• Yes
    • No
    • I Don't Care

Yes.

To those who say no because they don't have a DVD burner/rom, well, you're going to have to get one by the time K3 comes out. Let's say it comes out in 2007. By that time, most computer games will come out for DVD only. It might not be viable to have two versions, one on CD, one on DVD anymore.

Progress, only progress.

Just so we're clear, I don't have one on my computer for now, but I'm going to have to buy one in order to stay up-to-date. It's life.

To those who say no because they don't have a DVD burner/rom, well, you're going to have to get one by the time K3 comes out. Let's say it comes out in 2007. By that time, most computer games will come out for DVD only. It might not be viable to have two versions, one on CD, one on DVD anymore.

well said!

Yes.

I bought the Sims2 DVD edition. It came with a few extras that were cool. I think if they put some extras in the DVD it would rock. Remember, its a DVD edition. Meaning that there would be the regular 4CDs available, too.

Of course, by the time it comes out, maybe most games will be on DVD. I donno.

I can say for sure, I hope it comes in a jewel case, either way. These big "VHS" style cases are annoying. I want jewel cases!!!

I didn't vote in the Poll.. but I for one would like an option for a DVD version.

Working alot with MACs, most of Apple's software is released in this format.. so rather than having 4 cd's to install.. I pop in one DVD and am done with it ;) On my PCs, well.. that's a whole different story hehehe...

However, I can see why so many companies release software in CD format.. the main reason being not everyone has a DVD drive.. but as LIAYD stated.. progress peeps ;)

You can get a DVD drive (even a burner) for very little ca$h.. and it's a wise investment not only for the format, but for backup/archive purposes.

If I had known how low the prices were going to be on drives and media, I would've put off buying a ZIP drive many moons ago...

KotOR 3 on DVD, I'd definitely pick it given an option :D

DVD installs are just so much easier, so i would prefer that method over 4-5 CD's. my more preferable method would be a download service similar to Valve's Steam service. it takes a while to download, but then i never have to worry about putting in a DVD or CD into my drive unless i want to back up the cache files. and given that Kotor 3 is almost inevitably going to be SP only, there's no concerns with LAN parties.

just my two pennies. :)

I honestly don't really care what format it comes on, as long as the game is the same in the end. If there were more things for the KOTOR game on the DVD, I'd want that and vice versa.

How about, and heres an idea, 4-5 DVDs, so the game goes for alot longer than 15 hours? I always cry when I finish the game, we need more of it! ;)

The first game was significantly more than 15 hours of game play, unless you do ONLY the main quest and ignore all side quests, as well as use foce speed the whole game...

If you do just the main quest with the turbo cheat you can beat the game in less than 10 hours!

Archived