Home

More KOTOR III Possibilty News! (KOTOR MMO Confirmed?)

kookaburra

NEWS ALERT!!

ANOTHER KOTOR RUMOUR/HOPE LURKING ON IGN

POSTED 26th September 2005 (AEST)

Hello Ladies and Gents

Guess what I found while browsing the obisidian fourms?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mailbag 08.30.05

Nothing more than the greatest bundle of all time.

Hoping

Q.I see that Bioware is recruiting for some new games, which really kinda bums me out. I was hoping for a Knights of the Old Republic 3. With the power of the new Xbox, and maybe a story set in the expanded universe after the movies (like perhaps the Thrawn trilogy) they probably could have easily had the missing killer app in the launch lineup and made a fortune. Any idea if they'll ever make another one?

I believe (think) this is the answer all you KOTOR fans have been waiting for? see below for the answer by an IGN offical -Kookaburra

A.Since another mailbag junkie had recently asked that question and you have bought it up again, I just happen to have a vague but positive answer for you. I spoke with LucasArts the other day and the spokesperson said that they see the series as a franchise, an ongoing franchise, which means that yes, they certainly will make another game. But don't count on BioWare making that game. Most likely, the developer of KOTOR: The Sith Lords will hand the third one, which I am 99% sure will be on Xbox 360. Unless LucasArts decides to take the series to the Xbox next year…which I somehow doubt. I wish I knew more about next year's Xbox lineup, but nobody will say anything. My theory is that developers will make a few, non-important games on the Xbox next year, but the bulk of their money and the important franchises will head to Xbox 360.

Answered by a guy named --Douglass

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

I found another KOTOR III possibility! well just take this one for the moment as a rumour. This linkie is at least some good news for a possible KOTOR III.(I ain't saying KOTOR III is offical-just a might)

head here to read for yourself my lovely dear friends:

Source (below) for the above possible news!

http://xbox.ign.com/mail/2005-08-30.html

I will keep a look out for more KOTOR III rumours and hopes.

another source where I foun this from :D

http://forums.obsidianent.com/index.php?showtopic=36215&st=690

but in the mean time I will keep searching any where I can for more "hopeful" KOTOR III news.

Good luck Ladies and Gents

Cheero

Kookaburra

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i dont believe that they come up wit a kotor3 in 2006. its more possible in 2007 or later. cause they'll prolly use the new engine of neverwinter nights 2. if they still keep the old engine they piss off too many ppl just for the fact that its not uptodate.

but no matter when it comes out, i hope they will get more time for it, cause i dont wanna see that much cut content anymore or a buggy one. otherwise this gameseries is dead like the star trek games.

well, i think this was more of a 'Burning Questions' type thing like they have on Gamespot. basically, its were one of the editors of the site comments and responds to questions that other users have about one particular subject or the other.

in this case, what i've just read sounds to me like it was just speculation to hopefully appease the person that asked the question. *shrugs*

The link sean posted sounds kinda iffy... 14 f*****g years after K2? o_0

Thats 19 years after K1... can you imagion how OLD Revan, and Bastila, and Carth and the whole original party would be?

Dang Old >.<

And using the Jade Empire system doesn't sound like LucasArts either, I mean sure people like it but if this thing is coming to the newer generation systems do they REALLY expect us to still like the older game engines?

I dunno, sounds like a bunch of bull to me =/

And if it WAS "under development for months now" wouldn't the website for LucasArts have at least SOME sort of "heads up" or "new game" alert?

Sounds fake to me :sign2:

So basically it's a rehash of what we've heard countless times. Nothing concrete, and nothing really new.

It's not really rocket science, and it doesn't take an "insider" to know that another KOTOR game will be made. Lucasarts has said as much everytime they've been asked about it. So I'm not really sure how this is any different than the countless other threads about KOTOR speculation/rumor/innuendo.

Hey, Obsidian has been working on an as yet untitled rpg for the past year, which in turn say it will be released by early 2006 or just after launch of the 360, cant remember or find the page I printed off but this is good news!! It lists it on the releases for the 360 on IGN. My fingers are crossed on this one!!

I've seen the 2006 lineup for Xbox 360 (Electronic Gaming Monthly issue Nov 2005) and it does not include any Star Wars titles (other than Mercenaries 2, which is a lucas arts game.) My guess is they will make the Kotor III game on the current Xbox system and probably do not consider this game to be a major release. That might be a good thing because they won't be in a big hurry to release it like they did with Kotor II. So I'm guessing Dec '06.

Hey, Obsidian has been working on an as yet untitled rpg for the past year, which in turn say it will be released by early 2006 or just after launch of the 360, cant remember or find the page I printed off but this is good news!! It lists it on the releases for the 360 on IGN. My fingers are crossed on this one!!

It's been said countless times by Obsidian that their unnamed project (Project New Jersey) is "not a sequel". K3 would in fact be considered a sequel. Thus, unless Obsidian is lying or stretching the truth, PNJ is not K3.

I don't think Obsidian is working on this game (Kotor III) because if it was in development they would be saying something about it on their website. all we have right now is some suit working for Lucas Arts saying "We consider Kotor to be a franchise." That vague statement says to me that they will make a sequel eventually, but they have nothing concrete right now. Hopefully, the collective won't be working on this game because the Revenge of the Sith game really blew big chunks.

Archived