Home

More KOTOR III Possibilty News! (KOTOR MMO Confirmed?)

kookaburra

I think that K3 is several years away, if it is done at all. ;)

What I ment was if anybody has any info on this Darth Vader (my God what a bum that is) game. From what I heard is placed between 3rd and 4th episode, whell prity much Vader eradicates Jedi, those he can find, since crucial ones get to live throughout 4th episode and further, which we have allresdy seen (for God sake) many many times.

Whell I'm not interested in that, it is enough of Darth Vader, I want to see more of those ancient Jedi Masters and Sith lords, when they were bringing Force to it's glory. I WANT KOTOR III and more.......but thats just me, whel now I'm asking all of you: I'm not alone, am I?

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What I ment was if anybody has any info on this Darth Vader (my God what a bum that is) game. From what I heard is placed between 3rd and 4th episode, whell prity much Vader eradicates Jedi, those he can find, since crucial ones get to live throughout 4th episode and further, which we have allresdy seen (for God sake) many many times.

Whell I'm not interested in that, it is enough of Darth Vader, I want to see more of those ancient Jedi Masters and Sith lords, when they were bringing Force to it's glory. I WANT KOTOR III and more.......but thats just me, whel now I'm asking all of you: I'm not alone, am I?

I so agree with you Raven! I think its rediculous of LucasArts to make another Darth Vader game personally. I mean will this game be a hit like KOTOR? lol maybe not. I am kinda crapped off with LucasArts at teh moment, they just don't seem to be doing any thing or listening to what Star Wars fans want in video gaming. I mean the devs or people at LucasArts have probably gone around on all the gaming threads and read what the fans want and they have probably seen Kotor III , but LucasArts just don't seem to still get he message that people want KOTOR III. As much a I love Episode III, I don't really want another movie game at this stage. I want what Raven wants! ancient Jedi Masters! and Sith Lords. Kotor series b***dy well needs to be finished! Obsidian needs to get onto LucasArts back and tell them! If I found out LucasArts e-mail address I tell ya I would b***dy swamp them with e-mail to do Kotor III, and I am b***dy sure other people would agree with me.

LucasArts is blatently exploiting the franchise. LA dosnt care about SW game fans, they care about SW fans and general gamers. It is simply a question that Darth Vader Sells. More people would buy a game called "Darth Vader" than "KotOR III". Its simple for them, they only factor in the money, not the fans request. Maybe after they have abused the franchise by releasing "Darth Vader 9, the final trillogy", then maybe they will go back to making imaginative games. My favourite aspect of Kotor is that it is a SW game that is completely independant of the movies. Shame most people only care about Luke and Vader.

I just had a thought. Do you think that Lucas Arts believes that KotOR II was a finished game, and it has a clear ending?
Probably don't care. It will be more along the lines of "did it make the projected sales and revenue." I highly doubt they are thinking that they need to do a game that ties up all the lose ends.

LucasArts is blatently exploiting the franchise. LA dosnt care about SW game fans, they care about SW fans and general gamers. It is simply a question that Darth Vader Sells. More people would buy a game called "Darth Vader" than "KotOR III". Its simple for them, they only factor in the money, not the fans request. Maybe after they have abused the franchise by releasing "Darth Vader 9, the final trillogy", then maybe they will go back to making imaginative games. My favourite aspect of Kotor is that it is a SW game that is completely independant of the movies. Shame most people only care about Luke and Vader.

Agreed! Just look at all those games came out from SW movies (all except Jedi Knight series), those are axploited to the maximum. And I understand once new technology features come out (hardware, new engines, etc) they automaticly going for it, but with what? With Empire at war for instance, dude i have studied Force commander and I loved it much more than Empire at war, EAW got me bored with in couple of levels, complete waste of money and time, and I fully regret it. But that's just me.

KOTOR franchise is not finished with KOTORII, I don't think so, defenetly!

For what I can say: since we had gone through KOTOR I & II and to aprehend this time without any possible info (rumors avoided) about next KOTOR at least what we deserve is something official from LA, what is going on with KOTOR franchise?! HEy, for the sake of all these gamers that like the game. Just to let us know next kotor: yes or no. I'll take either answer, but I'd rather prefer yes! It is definite time to tell us something official.

KOTOR franchise is not finished with KOTORII, I don't think so, defenetly! For what I can say: since we had gone through KOTOR I & II and to aprehend this time without any possible info (rumors avoided) about next KOTOR at least what we deserve is something official from LA, what is going on with KOTOR franchise?! HEy, for the sake of all these gamers that like the game. Just to let us know next kotor: yes or no. I'll take either answer, but I'd rather prefer yes! It is definite time to tell us something official.

Absolutely! LA can't possibly believe that TSL was a proper ending to the KOTOR series. And assuming that LA in some capacity is aware of the fan support for the KOTOR series, they should at least issue a statement saying they won't be making a third installment. I also agree that Lucas is just whoring-out the movie trillogies while a great new franchise is just waiting to be exploited. Come on LA, Just tell us Yes or No!!!!

Next stop is E3, if nothing gets revealed about next KOTOR installment by E3 shoup, then is for shore - years will come to past till we see it, play it and enjoy it.....question remains, what to do till then, play Darth Vader game, o hell NO! F**K Darth Vader game!!!

Best regards to all of you and keep the faith up.

Time to put a different spin on this. The Darth vader game wouldn't be so bad if done right. Say Like the jedi knight series. Now...now if lucasarts was absolutely sure they were not going to have a K3 game they would have said so and put us all out of our misery. The idea, even if it is not announced at E3 still floats in the air and has not been shot down I might add. We just have to keep going and hoping. Truthfully if the game came out five years from now I would be happy. I would be pretty pissed off that it took so long but It would be there right? yeah.

Now on another note when I get a job in the entertainment industry you can bet I will make a K3 game myself for all the fans who loved and lost.

Hi Everyone

I have a link to Feargus Urquhart's profile at Obsidian, from here you can PM him and perhaps ask him about Kotor III. I did.

Have a go, and see if you get a response. If you don't, least you tried. Maybe with all theses people PM'ing him, something might happen, of course nothing may happen. Goodluck any way....

linkie

http://forums.obsidianent.com/index.php?act=Profile&CODE=03&MID=4

-Kook

I found this on theforce.net, still a little disapointing though. :?

But so far nothing has been seen or written in regards to KOTOR III, Republic Commando II, Star Wars Galaxies' future, and the rumoured title based around Darth Vader. All of those, of course, have never been completly confirmed nor denied by LucasArts as yet ... but we're still hoping.

linkie:

http://www.theforce.net/latestnews/story/E3_LucasArts_Announce_New_Titles_98419.asp

We may have to wait a while seeing how busy LA looks with those games, but there might still be hope. Look how long its taken them to make a sequel to Command & Conquer, and If EA reccognises the cashflow potential, LA should do too, in a year or 2 maybe (hopefully not :( )

Sadly, the only way I see them commiting to KotOR 3 is if somehow, someway, the other L.A. games now being developed and distributed are a huge bust.

Which isn't the case.

All of the current games on their table are all making a beaucoup of money.

Maybe next year, but I doubt it. The larger the span of time between sequels, the lesser the chance becomes that it will be made.

I'm trying hard not to be pessimistic, but the reality of this is kicking us all in the keister.

Sadly, the only way I see them commiting to KotOR 3 is if somehow, someway, the other L.A. games now being developed and distributed are a huge bust.

Which isn't the case.

Maybe next year, but I doubt it. The larger the span of time between sequels, the lesser the chance becomes that it will be made.

I'm trying hard not to be pessimistic, but the reality of this is kicking us all in the keister.

Quoted for emphasis!

Which isn't the case.

Yup. Just wish they'd say no. I hate limbo.

Archived