Home

More KOTOR III Possibilty News! (KOTOR MMO Confirmed?)

kookaburra

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
hehe, you can tell KOTOR3 is not possible any more.......

Provide me hard proof its not a possibility? Argh. Be quiet if you don't think Knights III is going to happen.

*sighs*

Give them time. Time is what they need. Do you want a rushed Knights III? Everyone keeps coming here saying "Gives us Knights, Give us Knights!" Well if I was LucasArts, all I'd give you is the finger and then make you wait ten years for the game.

Lucas' Company as a whole has so much coming out right now. The two (or was it three?) Star Wars games coming out; they have the T.V show that is do out next year and the 30 minute Cartoon that's also due out next year. Come on people! Of course Knights III won't come out this year. You'd be lucky if you even get it before 2010!

Sorry for getting so pissy and bitchy, but I'm sick of people saying "Give me Knights III NOW!" Its bloody ***** annoying.

hehe, you can tell KOTOR3 is not possible any more.......

harhar LOL!

KotOR III is more than possible. The fact that it hasn't been announced yet is no reason to think that it'll never happen. Just look at the series of Indiana Jones games.

Provide me hard proof its not a possibility? Argh. Be quiet if you don't think Knights III is going to happen.

*sighs*

Give them time. Time is what they need. Do you want a rushed Knights III? Everyone keeps coming here saying "Gives us Knights, Give us Knights!" Well if I was LucasArts, all I'd give you is the finger and then make you wait ten years for the game.

Lucas' Company as a whole has so much coming out right now. The two (or was it three?) Star Wars games coming out; they have the T.V show that is do out next year and the 30 minute Cartoon that's also due out next year. Come on people! Of course Knights III won't come out this year. You'd be lucky if you even get it before 2010!

Sorry for getting so pissy and bitchy, but I'm sick of people saying "Give me Knights III NOW!" Its bloody ***** annoying.

Dude...... I was joking.....

About K3, more time it takes more I get less interested....but that's just me....

have fun waiting....

That shouldn't have anything to do with KOTOR 3- a) because LucasArts is a seperate entity which has little to do with LucasFilm other than licensing, endorsement and the same overall boss, and b) because LucasArts are mostly just publishers, I can't remember the last game they released that didn't utilise an outsourced development house. For comparison, EA are also mainly publishers, and they have more games going on at once than Satan has beard hairs (and they would know).

Personally I believe the only reason they're not continuing the series is because they don't think it's profitable - they probably expected a whole lot more income from KOTOR 2 despite only giving it around a year's development time and the same game engine. It's the only reason I can think of right now.

About K3, more time it takes more I get less interested....but that's just me....
This is how I feel too. The longer it takes for the KotOR 3 to come out the more I lose interest. But I still think I would buy it if and when it came out so what does it really matter?

At this point I don't expect to hear anything about KotOR 3 until early next year at the earliest. Of course I would like to see KotOR 3 sooner than later but I see a lot of parallels between making movie sequels and making game sequels. Consider the Star Wars prequels. They all came out 3 years apart, right? KotOR: TSL was developed in less than 2 years and left something to be desired by most who played the game. Only about 18 months have passed since KotOR:TSL was released. But if we don't hear something substantial about KotOR 3 in 2007 I will really start to be concerned that KotOR 3 won't happen.

I also think it's important to keep in mind the impact Xbox 360 and PS3 will have on game development. Video game publishers and developers have a learning curve to deal with when it comes to multi-threaded programming. As a result I'm of the opinion that LEC can use this year to gain some experience developing games for next gen consoles and hopefully KotOR 3 would benefit from this and avoid being on the bleeding edge of this sea change in game development.

Patience is a delicate thing. Sometimes you must remember this is only a game, and not something that will affect the outcome of your life.

There are hundreds of games that have sequels, which were created years latter. In somecases, there are anthologies of sequels to RPGs. Sometimes it is better to forget about what you want, and to focus your attention towards what you have. Waiting will only prolong your perspective, but to put it aside will make its release feel like seconds and not days.

Patience is a delicate thing. Sometimes you must remember this is only a game, and not something that will affect the outcome of your life.

There are hundreds of games that have sequels, which were created years latter. In somecases, there are anthologies of sequels to RPGs. Sometimes it is better to forget about what you want, and to focus your attention towards what you have. Waiting will only prolong your perspective, but to put it aside will make its release feel like seconds and not days.

I understand, but as a developer or publisher, you DO NOT play with fans like that, never........

Quoted for emphasis. :)

I understand, but as a developer or publisher, you DO NOT play with fans like that, never........

Yes you do. All the time. The more you keep them waiting, the more they'll want the game and in the end you can sell it at a higher price and earn a lot of money.

What do you mean by saying that it won't affect the outcome of my life? KotOR IS my life!

Don't take this the wrong way, but that sound like a pretty empty life to me. There's plenty of other fish (games) in the sea. You can't tell me that there isn't a single game right now that interests you (other than KoTOR).

Quoted for emphasis. :)

Yes you do. All the time. The more you keep them waiting, the more they'll want the game and in the end you can sell it at a higher price and earn a lot of money.

One thing is for shore: they will not play with me like that, no sir........

Games are a recreational activity. I know of one other RPG, which is releasing a sequel that took several years of debating. Diablo III. I don't know exectly how many years, but I know it will be around seven or eight. KotOR III could very well be on the back burner. Not because they don't wish to deveop the game, but because they want the series to simmer. Or, they could be quietly developing the game, and have plans to realease it in a year or two. Good games take little time to make. Great games take years to develop. I don't think Lucas Arts is messing around with fans. I do believe that they want fans to see KotOR from a fresh perspective. If you think about it, there was slight contriversy around the release of KoTOR II. If I was a developer, I would want my fans to appreciate the products I release, so I will work hard to make a better concept than the last. This will include allowing KotOR II's affects to simmer for a while. When it comes to announcing a third sequel, people will have apreciated the long hours and carefull detail I placed into a third. Eventually, the slight contriversy will subside, and the fans will line up for miles to get their hands on a third. I know that my cognitions are changing about the series, for KotOR I's and KotOR II's initial affects are settling. When they come out with KotOR III, I will probally buy a thid installation. If you asked me about seven months after the release of KotOR II, and after I have played it, if I was going to buy a third one, I would probally say 'no way man'. Now that time has passed, I am actually looking forward to a possible third game, but I won't be upset if it never arrives. However, I will apprechiate the hardwork that will be going into the series as a whole. You never know, the third game will change negative views towards KotOR II by giving us an indepth understanding of the whole story. Until it has been officially announced, not through gossip, I will allow my KotOR experience to settle in, and move onto something else.

If you look at my signature, there are two other games that are not Star Wars, which I am looking forward to. You never know, I may be too caught up in those game to even think about the KotOR series.

At the end, relax, breath, and allow life to change your perspective.

taken from theforce.net

A few no shows at the event included KOTOR III and, surprise surprise, Star Wars Galaxies. The MMORPG seems to be lacking of late, and with no expansion packs in sight for the time being, LucasArts may have finally let the title slide past. As for KOTOR, which was 20/80 whether it would make an appearance or not, don't take that as an answer on whether it exists. It's out there, don't you worry about that.

http://theforce.net/videogames/story/E3_2006_Rap_98509.asp

The reason I'm llike that is KOTORII ending, if KII ended like KI (common grounds ending) I wuld not have any problems with KOTOR series, I would wait like you do. That kind of ending made me think that KIII will fallow shortley after, I guess I was wrong. Some guy from Obsidian (I think) said that KII was well into development even before KI was released, funny ha? All that made me think: Announcment for KIII at this time is possible, hah, wrong again, whell I don't play like that, no more.

Have fun!

A nice attempt at boosting KotOR fans' morale by the guys at theforce.net but at this point it doesn't really help me since one basically has to take what they say on blind faith and nothing else. I need something a little more substantial because right now I think that KotOR 3 isn't even in pre-production development. But that's just me... :giveup:

How about that? Is this is a bit of info on KOTOR franchise or is it guessing?

I'd say is nothing, yet!

I really don't think that you are going to hear about KotOR III, at the moment anyway, from a third party such as a magazine, website, or tv show. the only place where it would be considered one hundred percent truth is from Lucas Art's or Star Wars website. Until I see a big banner on those site, I am just going to chill out.

Archived