Home

More KOTOR III Possibilty News! (KOTOR MMO Confirmed?)

kookaburra

But all the reshoots were done only months before the release...
Probably watched it without the reshoots, the original rough cut that is. They do that to see how it is going to look like before the realize what needs to be reshot, or added on.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

2011? Not likely. First of all, interest in the game will have dwindled to pretty much nothing by then. Second, 2011 is too late for a next gen game. By the we'll be seeing the release of the XCrate Infinity, the Nintendo DejaVu and the creatively named PS4. Remember that generations of gaming tech are generally defined by console cycles, and those generally change up every 5 years. If KOTOR III were to be released for next gen, 2008 to 2009 would be best, as that's about midway through the cycle, and the developers should have a handle on what can be accomplished on the hardware by then.

• 4 months later...

Dear Ladies and Gents. :D

UPDATED! December 3oth 2006

Greetings, I know its been a very, very long time since I've done any Knights Of The Old Republic III scouting on the web, but now that 2007 is approaching, I decided to do some digging once again, this isn't news but Look what I found so far on KOTOR III:

There is so much more to talk about. LucasArts will eventually join in to the next-gen race, hopefully giving us Indiana Jones, that neato E3 Pre-Vis game and, please oh please, LucasArts! Where is Knights of the Old Republic III? Even if KoToR III isn't due in 2007,

Hopefully there is still hope for KOTOR III, fingers crossed 'ol Friends. Once again everyone I am going to search for KOTOR III news, I want to make sure I'm the one to break teh news to you all! :lol::p:D

Source:

http://au.xbox360.ign.com/articles/749/749547p7.html

Dear Ladies and Gents. :D

UPDATED! December 3oth 2006

Greetings, I know its been a very, very long time since I've done any Knights Of The Old Republic III scouting on the web, but now that 2007 is approaching, I decided to do some digging once again, this isn't news but Look what I found so far on KOTOR III:

Hopefully there is still hope for KOTOR III, fingers crossed 'ol Friends. Once again everyone I am going to search for KOTOR III news, I want to make sure I'm the one to break teh news to you all! :lol::p:D

Source:

http://au.xbox360.ign.com/articles/749/749547p7.html

I only skim read that, but theres very little on the first page about KotOR 3, and I'm no Mod but I would have to say this seems like blatant bumping of an old thread; but for no reason, I don't see any news there other than speculation which is more of the same really and is just the same to what we've been hearing.

I can't wait to see if what this dude says is true!

http://www.wii60.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10473

"As a leading representative of BioWare Corp. given the mamoth task of publicising the next in the series of Knights Of The Old Republic games (KOTOR 3), I have permission to confirm that this title is now several months underway."

*edit - But most likely it's a lie.

I saw what seems to be that exact same post on this forum.

Lemme go ahead and break the news. It's full of crap. If you'll notice on the link I provided, it says that was posted Aug. 13th, 2005. BioWare has also denied that it is true. So obviously, very old and untrue.

I'm glad it's not true, because Obsidian did better anyway.

edit: Ah...Hallucination is faster than me. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all, I was just browsing some information on the fusion of Bioware and Pandemic Studios, and I found confirmation that the KOTOR series is alive, here is a vague yet proof positive statement about the joining of the two companies and the titles that they are continuing work on, and you will see the KOTOR series is mentioned. It sounds as if it may be developed by Pandemic Studios or jointly. They say in another press release that they are working on five new games with high profile titles. Anyway heres the quote and the link if I can do this correctly:

"About BioWare|Pandemic Studios

BioWare/Pandemic Studios was formed through the fusion of two industry powerhouses and private equity firm, Elevation Partners. A leader in the action/adventure category, Pandemic joined forces in 2005 with BioWare, a company known for its role-playing games rich in story and character. Co-equal and complementary, the newly partnered video game studios are working both in tandem and separately to develop new, original titles as well as continuing to leverage the licensed franchises and owned-IP each is known for including: Mercenaries™, Destroy All Humans!™, Full Spectrum Warrior™, and Star Wars® Battlefront™ II from Pandemic and Mass Effect™, Dragon Age™, Baldur's Gate™, Neverwinter Nights™, Star Wars®: Knights of the Old Republic™ and Jade Empire™ from BioWare. Focused on next-generation platforms to create bold new concepts in entertainment, BioWare/Pandemic's studios are located in Los Angeles, California; Brisbane, Australia; Austin, Texas; and Edmonton, Alberta, Canada. For more information, please visit bioware.pandemicstudios.com."

This can be found here: http://www.bioware.com/bioware_info/press_releases/2006_05_10_bioware_pandemic_e3/

That looks like just a list of games both companies have made. If you go that article, KotOR III isn't included in the list of games to be released.

Yeah Viper sorry, but this isn't telling us anything new. :( Good try though! :)

I know i'm waiting...impatiently...for any sign/hope of news regarding Kotor 3. And if it's made, it will likely not be done by Bioware. [sadly enough :p]

Archived