Home

More KOTOR III Possibilty News! (KOTOR MMO Confirmed?)

kookaburra

I greatly appreciate the welcome :) Only recently started playing KOTOR, got it as part of the Best of Star Wars pack and have yet to play any of the other games. Haven't completed it yet but have already bought The Sith Lords and am itching for a 3rd. PC Gamer do tend to be a good source for this kind of information, and will usually put "rumored to be in progress" or equivalent if they aren't entirely certain. Having been reading the magazine for about 10 years now I have learned to trust them in this sort of situation and they rarely let me down...here's hoping eh?

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeehaw...the big 'Omygosmagazinesays' posts are back :xp:

Gamespot, nor the Power Unlimited (One of Europe's largest and most respected magazine's) has said anything a Kotor 3. And they are the ones that ought to know if it's true.

Think about it. If you'd want to start a hype around Kotor 3, you'd rather want some screens on the Gamespot site or on a huge magazine :)

Untill that happens, I'm sceptic.

Well, Gamespot just posted a rumor that Bioware's unannounced game might be for the PS3. This means that it is unlikely that it is KOTOR 3. If it is true, all eyes turn to Obsidian.

Gamespot Story

It won't be bioware. They already mention they are working on original IPs hence why Obsidian got to do kotor 2. So most likely it is gonna be Obsidian just need to wait for the annoucement.

I doubt BioWare will make KotOR III, since they've said before that they won't be making KotOR III.....
I hadn't heard that someone from BioWare specifically stated they wouldn't be making KotOR 3. Do you have a source you can provide to support your statement?

Yeehaw...the big 'Omygosmagazinesays' posts are back :xp:

Gamespot, nor the Power Unlimited (One of Europe's largest and most respected magazine's) has said anything a Kotor 3. And they are the ones that ought to know if it's true.

Think about it. If you'd want to start a hype around Kotor 3, you'd rather want some screens on the Gamespot site or on a huge magazine :)

Untill that happens, I'm sceptic.

:D heh, I guess I can see your point. Must look up the article tonight to see what it actually said. I will however reiterate my stance that they are usually pretty reliable when it comes to this sort of thing, but the rumours about this game seem to have been going for quite some time so I think I'll take a leaf out of your book and not get my hopes up.

I hadn't heard that someone from BioWare specifically stated they wouldn't be making KotOR 3. Do you have a source you can provide to support your statement?
I don't think it was "we aren't going to make KOTOR 3" specifically, but that they will be only doing games featuring their own properties in the future. So essentially the same thing.

What I meant was, they said they hadn't met with LA at all, and hadn't talked about making it. If I had a source of where I saw that, I would give it to you, but unfortunately, I forgot.

I don't think it was "we aren't going to make KOTOR 3" specifically, but that they will be only doing games featuring their own properties in the future. So essentially the same thing.
Right. Greg Zeschuk did say in 2005 April that BioWare was going to focus on making games for their own IP. However shortly after the BioWare/Pandemic merger and capital infusion by Elevation Partners was announced in 2005 November Ray Muzyka said in an interview that they wanted to develop a balance in their portfolio between their own IP and high-profile licensed properties. He specifically mentioned Star Wars as an example of a such a property they developed for in the past. In other words, BioWare (and probably Pandemic too) are open to making games for licensed properties if they feel the license will be worth their development effort. See post #462 on page 12 of this thread for my sources on this.

What I meant was, they said they hadn't met with LA at all, and hadn't talked about making it. If I had a source of where I saw that, I would give it to you, but unfortunately, I forgot.
Oh well. For my own personal reference I try to keep track of this stuff but I hope you understand why I don't bother with hearsay. I've gotten burned before. :)

• 4 weeks later...

Yeah MassEffect is the bomb! It looks divine!

I really pray to God (GOD Radu that is!) that they don't ****-up this third KOTOR, like TLS. This kind of game with this amount of fans all around the world should not be treated so poorlly. They should speak with UBISOFT maybe they can help them out.

Because UBISOFTs Prince of Persia RULZZZZZZ!

By the way! Darth Maul - The Forgotten Sith come on he won't ever be forgotten, he's the most horny sith in all of Star Wars!

• 1 month later...
NEWS ALERT!!

ANOTHER KOTOR RUMOUR/HOPE LURKING ON IGN

POSTED 26th September 2005 (AEST)

(snip!)

yes!!!!!! finaly its about time iv dine watsing for agis

Mod note: Trimmed quote. Please don't quote a two pages long post in its entirety just to add half a sentence, and don't revive threads that have been inactive for months unless you have something substantial to add. ~M

Great news! So finally some solid confirmation that it is going to be done. Not that we all didn't know it would be done sometime anyways just because the first 2 were so good, but this is good to hear.

Like everything of this nature, take it like a grain of salt - its not official until its released or confirmed to be released by the developers/publishers. Unless specifically stated by LucasArts it is mere speculation...

*sigh* I guess maybe this is worth posting...

Finally, I should probably talk about the twin gorillas in the closet. I'm sure there's a correct analogy in there somewhere, but that's what came to mind. Anyway, I'm speaking of the the KotOR3 and Fallout gorillas. Both of those are games that I and everyone else here at Obsidian would love to make. I don't know if we will ever get the chance, but I do continue to talk with LucasArts about what might be going on with KotOR3.
Source: Top Ten @ Obsidian, Featuring Feargus Urquhart

So at least we know that Obsidian's position hasn't changed and they're still interested in making KotOR 3. Not new news but rather a recent reaffirmation of Obsidian's previously expressed position.

***Jeopardy theme continues in its infinite playback loop***

Archived