Home

More KOTOR III Possibilty News! (KOTOR MMO Confirmed?)

kookaburra

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
One of the two games is apparently another Lego Starwars x-wing fighter type game. All rumour though. That is bad news and sort of good because I like lego starwars

I'm sick of Lego Star Wars........I mean it's a cool concept and playing all 6 movies in Lego format is freakin' brilliant, but that's enough of that.

These two Jobs opened a few days ago... First one from Bioware:

http://www.bioware.com/bioware_info/jobs/positions/austin_producer_licensor_liaison.html

BioWare Austin is searching for a Producer-Licensor Liaison to assist the team in the development of assigned products from concept to release. The successful candidate will have the primary responsibility for tracking, managing license submissions, and securing approvals from a 3rd party licensor.

Project Management

* Manages and tracks all license approval submissions and the overall submission process including follow up and contract compliance

and the Second from Lucasarts:

http://www.lucasarts.com/company/job/projld/job20070509.html

Sr. Director - Online Gaming Business Unit

Department: Galaxies Product Development

Job Purpose:

To lead the Online Gaming Business Unit including managing the Star Wars Galaxies service and establishing new Online Games consistent with publishing goals

These are pointing one thing...finger crossed...

So it would seem that BioWare is developing its MMORPG using a licensed IP and that LucasArts is looking for someone to fill an upper management position that oversees SWG and works on developing new online games as well.

Definitely could point towards a KotOR MMOG. But not necessarily. Definitely something that makes one go hmmm though. :)

Originally Posted by Prime

You do of course realize that the fees go to different things. :p

Hell yes...there will be new content...I already heared rumours about an Ultimate Dark Side nosetrimmer of +5 vs Wookie hair.

Believe me, the fee's will be worth it :D

Hell yes...there will be new content...I already heared rumours about an Ultimate Dark Side nosetrimmer of +5 vs Wookie hair.

Believe me, the fee's will be worth it :D

If you used that all you would end up with is a pile of hair and 2 sneakers. :xp:

BioWare has stated they aren't doing KotOR III, but that's definite cause to raise an eyebrow over... I hope they meant what they said in that thread.
Indeed, Most Evil One. But as you note, Chris specifically said BioWare isn't working on KotOR 3. I'm thinking that a KotOR MMO likely would not be named, considered or marketed as KotOR 3 just the same as World of Warcraft doesn't qualify as Warcraft 4, right? ;) So technically Chris' statement would still be accurate if it does turn out that BioWare is making a KotOR MMO.

But who here knows if the KotOR MMO rumor is even true to begin with? Hopefully we'll have our answer by the end of the week. :)

Originally Posted by RedHawke

If you used that all you would end up with is a pile of hair and 2 sneakers.:xp:

You mean the Awesome Hssis Leather Nike Air Max with it's desireable +7 vs Hutt aerobics video's ? They're Epic, you know :D

PS: D*mn..you can see he's a mod...who else could know I'm wearing sneakers? Mind reading I tell you...:xp:

@Topic:

MMO: No, i would kill myself laughing about the possible arange of equipment.

RPG: Yes.

BioWare making it would, of course be great, but I think it had been pretty obvious they wouldn't do it after they didn't do II. Obsidian was always my bet, or even a new studio. (God help us if that's the case.)

I'm pretty sure it is just a matter of waiting... Painful as it sounds, as they have not even begun far as we know and they have said. But, as already posted: "Hope for the series has been renewed with a statement made by Nancy MacIntyre, VP of global sales and marketing for LucasArts, who recently said that neither the KOTOR series, nor the Star Wars: Battlefront series will be left behind, which has caused much speculation amongst fans of the series." (Wikipedia ---> BusinessWeek) So, I say, w00t! KOTOR III and BattleFront III!

K3 would be good. I might just loose my mind before I hear a confirmation. I just hope whoever is not making a starwars MMO. If they are, then they are not listening to the fans. Anyway, that is another thread. It is good news of the rogue squadron game. It gives great hope. Forgive me if I'm being cynical aswell but there are a lot of things in this tread since it began that made me jump and say this is it and then ended bitterly.

UHh...I'm in a bad mood.

Archived