Home

More KOTOR III Possibilty News! (KOTOR MMO Confirmed?)

kookaburra

Well if you go over to http://www.rumorreporter.com it contains many rumors about new games. Well i sent in a email and this is the answer i got:

Q. Hi, as you know there are many rumors of Knights of the old Republic 3. Now its been stated that the series has not been forgotten, I was just wondering will they be announcing the game soon, like in this years E3 and what platform will it be on? Thanks in advance. — James

A. Wait till E3, James. Wait till E3.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Apparently rumors are swirling that George Lucas will announce a new movie set in the Old Republic time period.

Reports have been circling among fans and on the internet of a new Star Wars movie or movies set before the recent prequels at the time of Old Republic when the Jedi regained control of the galaxy from the Dark Lords of the Sith.
Source: The Daily Telegraph

It's a bonified rumor now :D but if it turns out to be true then I think we can expect some sort of game to come out in support of the movie. Who knows if it would pick up where KotOR 2 left off though...

Merged "Kotor III News!!!" with this thread to keep everything in 1 thread.

Good call :)

I'm going to Sticky this thread for now so both seasoned and new members can find it easier. May help us all out by keeping the rumor mill or breaking news on the first page and easily accessible (and in the same thread.. hehehe) :D

Apparently rumors are swirling that George Lucas will announce a new movie set in the Old Republic time period.

Wouldn't that be Awesome!!!!!!!!! I really hope it's true, although, I have been burned before ;)

Ehm... Those rumors are old, and most probably false. Printing them doesn't make them more true as far as I'm concerned. Would be hella cool though. And 30TH anniversary celebrations have already started. Happy birth day Star Wars! 30 and strong!!!

Mi hed wud A SPLODE!

(Now seriously... It would be cool, though late and typical of stupid game publishers, but I'd still want it. And I'd still raid LucasArts and DEMAND KOTOR III as well. Now accepting signatures for the angry mob.)

Ok I just watched the whole show tonight and the only thing they announced was Force Unleashed and did not even say whether it was for xbox or PC. They did however give kotor 5 stars for a rating. Looks like we will have to wait til July E3 and if they dont announce anything at E3 then im going to stop hoping altogether.

Mr. Prime was refering to the people of the TSl: Restoration project, which is almost finished, I think :)

Dang, that would suck, a TSL with all cut content included. All hard work for nothing...

PS: Just realised something about a possible Kotor 3.

Could it be that Microsoft is waiting to 'use' Kotor 3 as a possible counter-attack on Sony? They did the same with releasing Gears of War at the PS3's launch, I think. Might be a marketing strategy to wait for Sony to announce/release a super game, then strike it down with Kotor.

Just a thought...

Ehm... Those rumors are old, and most probably false. Printing them doesn't make them more true as far as I'm concerned.
Very true and I'm sure you're right. George Lucas is going to be busy for the next couple of years with Indiana Jones 4 and getting the SW live action TV series up and running. I don't see how he would be able to take on another SW movie, especially in light of the many time Lucasfilm reps have said they're not making any more SW movies. Wishful thinking from some SW fan somewhere out there.

But if for some reason an Old Republic-era movie did end up getting made we would almost certainly get a game to go with it. But yes, I'm scraping the bottom of the KotOR possibility news barrel with this stuff. ;)

Mr. Prime was refering to the people of the TSl: Restoration project, which is almost finished, I think :)

Ooooh, hadn't crossed my mind. Go, go, go Team Gizka!!!

But I admit I'm still a bit undecided as to which would be better: KOTOR II complete by LucasArts or by the Gizka guys. Although the LA possibility was something out of one fan's head, and has like no chance of being made.

Well I found something promising. My words at the moment don't do it justice so please take a look for yourself. Read through the whole thing. I apologize in advance if this was already found, BUT it is quite recent.

http://www.xbox360rally.com/kotor-3-in-development-schwing/

Fake. Not only does the author of the article say that "'a man' claims that he has and old colleague working at Pandemic, and that this colleague has learned that the order to develop the KotOR 3 website has been given!" (doesn't sound too trustworthy to me), but that we can expect KotOR III by the end of this year. If that was true, that would give KotOR III barely over 6 months of developing time, which is obviously not enough time to make a game this size.

As I've said before, you shouldn't believe anything like this unless it comes directly from the mouths of LA or whoever develops K3.

If any game company made KOTOR 3 I bet 10000 credits that it would be a best seller. Mainly by the fans of Kotor and Lucas.

But KOTORU would have Tattoo's, hydrolics for the Ebon Hawk and Rap cantina music

LOL! Yeah, pimp up the Ebon Hawk and go cap some Stormtrooper dogs! BIACH! ! :p

Uh, and a bunch of Siths doing force-lightning while doing hand signals... Oh the glory!

Fake. Not only does the author of the article say that "'a man' claims that he has and old colleague working at Pandemic, and that this colleague has learned that the order to develop the KotOR 3 website has been given!" (doesn't sound too trustworthy to me), but that we can expect KotOR III by the end of this year. If that was true, that would give KotOR III barely over 6 months of developing time, which is obviously not enough time to make a game this size.

As I've said before, you shouldn't believe anything like this unless it comes directly from the mouths of LA or whoever develops K3.

The give away that this man is lying is that his Xbox live monicker is "Dizney Sux". How can you believe someone that a game is being made when his he goes by the name "Dizney Sux"?

I really don't understand what's Lucasarts up to. No word about K3 in their festival-thing, no more "to-be-announced" games in their E3 lineup. Years are going by and still nothing. Even not hope.

Why have they put K3 aside? There is so much potential in it, there are so many fans waiting for it and the market would be more than big enough for it.

To look at their E3 lineup: I mean, seriously, WTF is Fracture or whatever it's name was? The concept is boring and cheap, in my opinion. Secondly, another SW Lego game? It's only a silly platformer, what's with the mass production of sequels? They make one every year. And last, there is no single PC game on the list. I would play that force unleashed thing, but no, it's console only. They are really headed to the bottom.

I really don't post much on these boards. I read it occasionally to find some news about K3. But I just wanted to get these thoughts off my chest. I'm not much of a gamer also, but K3 is the only game I really wait and would like to play.

I really don't understand what's Lucasarts up to. No word about K3 in their festival-thing, no more "to-be-announced" games in their E3 lineup. Years are going by and still nothing. Even not hope.

Why have they put K3 aside? There is so much potential in it, there are so many fans waiting for it and the market would be more than big enough for it.

The continued lack of solid KotOR 3 info even frustrates LF lurkers. ;) I share your frustration but I haven't lost hope for the next KotOR. My take on the situation with KotOR 3 is that it's not high on LucasArts' priority list right now. The LA powers-that-be have made a conscious decision to not develop games for PC at the present time. Something about the minimum hardware spec of the installed base of PC's not being high enough for the kind of games they want to develop. And I'm hoping they're delaying KotOR 3 because they still plan on releasing it for PC.

We also know that LucasArts plans on releasing only 2 SW games per year starting this year I believe.

For 2007 the announced SW games are SW Battlefront: Renegade Squadron for PSP and LEGO Star Wars: The Complete Saga for PS 3, Xbox 360, and Wii as well as DS.

For 2008 there is only one announced SW game thus far which is of course the much-hyped Star Wars: The Force Unleashed. The other slot is still TBA but if the rumors are true and Free Radical is developing Star Wars Battlefront 3 then that may fill the other open slot. There is also the almost foregone conclusion that LucasArts will be developing games to support the two new SW TV series, the 3D animated one debuting in 2008 and the live-action one scheduled for 2009.

All indications are still that LucasArts will make KotOR 3 happen sometime down the road though at this point I think it's likely the earliest we could see KotOR 3 is 2009. :(

Archived