Home

More KOTOR III Possibilty News! (KOTOR MMO Confirmed?)

kookaburra

I agree. With no mention of KOTOR 3 at Celebration IV, I have pretty much given up hope. I don't understand how they will release two Lego games (since TSL was released) without at least giving a hint at a new KOTOR game (a superior series on every level).

Unfortunately, there is nothing any of us can do. Life goes on.

I am also quite pissed about the trend of console only games. I put a lot of money into my PC. As I understand it, the Xbox 360 is a DirectX platform? Wouldn't that make it rather simple to port something over to the PC? I too would love to play The Force Unleashed, or Mass Effect. I would buy those games the day they are launched. Unfortunately, I don't care to buy a console, as I do not have an HDTV, and there would only be a couple of games I would be interested in anyway.

Unfortunately, there is nothing any of us can do. Life goes on.

Time now to forget about Star Wars for a while, continue my Cisco Networking studies, get my CCNA cert, and try to find a job (nearly impossible) that pays better.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, well I've been reading the Lucasarts' forums also and the recent decisions of LA have pissed almost everyone off. Nobody really wants those "new" games they're developing. People are only waiting for Kotor3, Battlefront3 and even Republic Commando 2 - the games that have brought LA success in the past.

Either there is a really subtle and smart plan behind all this or these guys are just plain marketing idiots.

I don't understand how they will release two Lego games (since TSL was released) without at least giving a hint at a new KOTOR game (a superior series on every level).

Lego Star Wars Kicked Ass! Seriously though, i can't see how you can compare them, considering both series of games have a very different approach in gamplaying styles (LSW more of a joky appeal, KOTOR a more serious one). Besides, the KOTOR series aren't the best to grace the Star Wars scene, that would have to go to the JK series by far in my opinion.

I'm content with KOTOR 1 & 2 (especially numuro dos with TSLRP on the horizon :D ). I doubt LA want a KOTOR 3 with other projects far more imporatant on their list (Force Unleashed etc.) If it never gets released, i suppose the modding community could have a crack at making a third themselves anyway.

Originally Posted by cutmeister

For 2008 there is only one announced SW game thus far which is of course the much-hyped Star Wars: The Force Unleashed. The other slot is still TBA but if the rumors are true and Free Radical is developing Star Wars Battlefront 3 then that may fill the other open slot.

No, the other one is an Indy game.

I was emailed the newsletter from CVG, the article is as follows:

A rumour has arisen in the US Official Xbox Magazine suggesting that the third title in BioWare's awesome KOTOR series could be with us as soon as Christmas or at least in 2008.

Towards the end of April we reported that BioWare had formed a new internal studio to create a Star Wars: Knight of the Old Republic massively multiplayer online game. No further details were reported and BioWare still remain tight-lipped on anything to do with any possible new KOTOR games and what platforms they might appear on, though you've got to think that Xbox 360 is a safe bet.

Still, that hasn't stopped the US press reporting fresh rumours regarding the third title in the RPG series. From what was said in our comments section about the MMO, it seemed as though most of you were holding out for KOTOR 3 rather than a massively multiplayer online game.

Is your wish about to come true? Should we expect to hear something KOTOR-related at Microsoft's conference at E3 next month? Should we just stop talking about it until BioWare coughs up the goods? Probably.

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=165554

This is exiting news! :D

Well, every month we get a a new rumor on when K3 is coming. Its the case of "If we do it enough times one of it will be true"

But seriously, I will believe it when I see it. That, and christmas will not be a good time. I would rather see a delay, than yet another rushed job.

I'm a bit skeptical about this whole thing tbh. Not only does the article not quote an official source, but i'd also say that if a game was to come for Christmas, we'd have heard something by now (Unless LA was being very cautious about it, which is possible, i suppose)

It'd be extremely cool if it happened, though!

Well, every month we get a a new rumor on when K3 is coming. Its the case of "If we do it enough times one of it will be true"

Yeah. I wont get much fate until, one beautiful day, I open up LA website and then "Kotor return home with Bioware it's third game!" window pops up on my screen. I suppose that would make sense, even if it's a rumor based on a rumor (Kotor MMO (supposed) is actually Kotor 3 (supposed)).

I would love it, though, and Bioware would have the duty of making it even better than Mass Effect.

Who has the the latest issue of OXM, the source CVG cites for this rumor? I'd like to get it straight from the source if I could. :)

Whatever the case, BioWare employees have openly stated on their forums that they're not working on KotOR 3. I tend to think they weren't flat out lying to everyone.

Archived