Home

More KOTOR III Possibilty News! (KOTOR MMO Confirmed?)

kookaburra

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

if you listen to the webcast from which all this info is from, he is simply showing all the studios who are now under EA, and their Current/Past credentials.

the only mention of Bioware I could find in the 2+ hrs of talk was that EA intend to expand into the RPG arena with Bioware within the next few years...

this is the list of games for 09...

ae482263-d65c-4b9f-90d3-d3d4f1605cf.jpg

Have you noticed that all of those titles are either previously released or previously announced?

While true, Bioware recently announced that in May Mass Effect is coming to the PC, which would account for why it's on there. Plus, it's still rolling in money because it came out late last year.

I'm not sure what to think right now.. I want it to be Kotor 3 badly, but we'll have to wait and see.

if you listen to the webcast from which all this info is from, he is simply showing all the studios who are now under EA, and their Current/Past credentials.

the only mention of Bioware I could find in the 2+ hrs of talk was that EA intend to expand into the RPG arena with Bioware within the next few years...

this is the list of games for 09...

ae482263-d65c-4b9f-90d3-d3d4f1605cf.jpg

Well if it was past credit why isn't pandemics battlefront mentioned, or jade empire?

And all star wars games would be published by Lucas arts not EA so it would never show up in an EA games list.

While true, Bioware recently announced that in May Mass Effect is coming to the PC, which would account for why it's on there. Plus, it's still rolling in money because it came out late last year.

Bioware has also made it clear that there will be a Mass Effect II and Mass Effect III. So that may be why Mass Effect is listed under Bioware.

Gamespot's Rumor Control: KOTOR 3 confirmed?

The official story: Unfortunately, the aforementioned assumptions about BioWare's slate appear to be premature. "The slide in John's presentation is titled 'Best Creative Talent'--it addresses future and past titles," an EA rep cheerfully told GameSpot. "KOTOR, Black, Boogie, Skate, and some other titles on the slide speak to past portfolio releases and the pedigree of the studio, but do not specifically address future sequels. The MMO in development at Bioware Austin is listed as a 'New MMO.' We apologize for any confusion this may have caused."

Bogus or not bogus?: Bogus that the slide is official confirmation of KOTOR 3--or that the BioWare Austin MMOG is not KOTOR MMOG. However, keep in mind that even though the slide does "not specifically address future sequels," EA Games division president Frank Gibeau has already confirmed a new Skate game, and a next-generation Black sequel was revealed in 2006. And if BioWare and LucasArts aren't working on a new KOTOR game--MMOG or not--then what are they working on?

We also have this:

"Hi folks

This seems to be much ado about nothing (to quote the bard). This was a slide that EA used to show the pedigree of the different studios to investors. That is why you see games that have already been released (like KotOR, Black, Boogie and others) mentioned on the slide."

- Jame Henley

Well, it was fun :) I still think Obsidian or another company will make Kotor III for a 10/11' release.

This is my take on the issue

- EA Analysts list games of their studios

- List includes KOTOR under Bioware

- EA claims games are both those developed and under-development, listing KOTOR and two other games as evidence

- Those two other games have confirmed sequels currently in development

- EA claims COULD be PR trying to back-peddle after revealing info they shouldn't have

- EA could be telling the truth, might be no KOTOR games in development

- Just because it says KOTOR it doesn't make it KotOR3, it could be anything

- LA has stated previously they wouldn't leave the KotOR or Battlefront series behind

- New Battlefront games have been developed, but no new KotOR

- LA has previously stated they had already started development of KotOR3 but then stopped for unknown reasons

Conclusion: we really don't know what is going on, but this new info looks good. It might be nothing, it might be a KotOR MMO, it might be KotOR3, it might be a KotOR game exclusive for PSP. We don't know.

Until then, continue speculation :)

Didn't Chris Priestly openly confirm on BioWare's forums that the slide does not announce any new titles?

From my understanding of Mr Priestly's comment, that slide (which everyone is publishing and claiming as a list of upcoming titles), was part of an analysis of EA subsidiaries, which listed the previous titles in said company's portfolios for the sole purposes of drawing interest from investors.

Eh. Sorry to be a spoilsport. But that's the official word from BioWare.

If you hung around IGN as much as I do, then you would realize this is the real deal. I, for one, am disappointed because I will be gone sometime in '09 until '11 (for a church mission). So, it might come out while I'm gone. :( Oh well...Perhaps, it'll be better than KotOR II.

Archived