Home

More KOTOR III Possibilty News! (KOTOR MMO Confirmed?)

kookaburra

Does no one remember the quote from Bioware's Chris Priestly?

How about I prove you wrong by saying that we are not working on KotOR 3 and have no plans to start? It may be a rumor or w hope or w wish or whatever, but we are not currently working on KotOR 3 and we have no plans to work on KotOR 3 at this (or any afaik) time.

I for one almost certainly think that KotOR III will eventually be made by Obsidian.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well denying sth and then still doing it is treny lately. Like 2 weeks ago it was said "NO! we dont puplish MassEffect for the PC"....2 weeks later on the official Bioware site "MassEffect for the PC" (thank god btw this game is to sweet to not have a proper PC version + Modding Community, i own a 360 but games like this are alot better for PC with nice Modders:-)

So back to my to what i wanted to point out, the more they deny it the more i think it will come:-), dont forget the industry is all about making more and more Money and there are sequels to games that were really crap compared to Kotor, the community for Kotor is too big to not use it for making more money.

All I have to say is this: They aren't lying to you; how many times does it need to be said that they aren't doing it for some to believe?

I recently sat down with Drew K. on EUCast and asked him if he'd like to write another Kotor; while he did want to, he said he knew as much about it as we do, and Bioware isn't making it.

Now, watch, because I said this two days from now it will be announced :lol:

Honestly, All of the games that are on that list that have been released are franchises that will see new versions in the upcoming years.

With EA backing Bioware, I can see them easily expanding a new team to work on KOTOR.

I don't see why EA would mention a 4 year old game unless there was something up. If they are gonna bring up KOTOR, why not list Jade Empire? it is even newer, and just as acclaimed.

@nightlite

No, thats a list of games for 2009, as I stated.

This is the list everyone is talking about....

2322b183-2e52-427a-bff7-054a51.jpg

on a side note, the 7 or 8 links people have been putting up are the same, someone has seen the slide and not listened to the webcast, assumed there will be a K3, then posted on ign, kotaku as if it were gospel.

For all the people who don't have any of the next-gen systems, of course! They are making TFU for PS2, and the next-gen systems, so why can't Bioware do the same? Just a thought. I guess if the game ever does come out for the next-gen systems I will have to hold out on getting it. For a while at least. :D
Making games for the original Xbox has been discontinued.

I think this has all but been confirmed. Hopefully we'll hear something official soon besides them saying it was a slip up.

KOTOR's Future Uncertain at IGN

KOTOR's Future Uncertain

LucasArts confirms MMO, but it's not Knights of the Old Republic.

February 14, 2008 - IGN recently reported on a list of upcoming games unveiled at EA's latest investor's meeting. During a presentation entitled "Best Creative Talent," EA touched on a number of titles that were considered the pinnacle of design, putting amazing creative talent to work on building inspiring worlds and impressive games. Along with the announcement of new titles from EA, a slide showing some titles (both old and new) was showcased during the conference. While some games, BioWare's "New MMO" included, are obviously referencing games to come, EA has contacted us further and commented that not every game mentioned is upcoming.

So where does BioWare stand in all of this? We know there's a new MMO on the way, and that both EA and LucasArts have acknowledged this publicly, but there's no definite answer on whether or not we'll see KOTOR's return in the future. In contacting LucasArts about its works with BioWare, and the possibility of a future KOTOR product, the company stated that, "Yes, we are working with BioWare. We've announced that we're working with the developer on a project, but it has nothing to do with Knights of the Old Republic."

We'll have more news on BioWare's MMO, and future LucasArts projects, as news develops.

That stinks. We probably won't see a KotOR III for a little while longer. Or, a lot a while longer...

Making games for the original Xbox has been discontinued.

Unfortunately, you are probably right. Eventually I will have to get myself one of these next-gen systems. :/

Wish Bozon from IGN had cited who from LucasArts made this statement. I certainly hope we get news of KotOR 3 sometime this year.

Me too, for both the former and latter. I saw it last night and reported it for EU Cantina, but I was disappointed by the lack of citation. I'm glad it finally clears come of the confusion up, although fanboys/girls will be fanboys/girls.

I'm guessing and hoping that after TFU we'll hear about both the Bioware & LA project, which I'm thinking is a new SW MMO or a revamp on Galaxies (can Bioware acquire the contract?). As for Obsidian, check out this article about a new job opening. Pretty interesting...

I don't want a stupid MMO. SPRPG!!!!!! That site is a crock anyways, BioWare won't be saying anything until LA tells them to, and they're certainly not going to in regards to KOTOR. We'll never see #3, it's already been 4 years.

You can never give up hope. Oblivion was released in 2006 nearly 5 years after Morrowind. When the game series was already beginning to die out. Half life 2 was released in 2004 almost 6 years after the first Half Life

Games can always be popular and since Kotor has been getting a lot of attention we are bound to have a sequel soon

• 2 weeks later...
Interesting. It certainly looks like Star Wars concept art. Whether or not it belongs to KotOR III is anyone's guess, but like Adept Havelock said, I wouldn't get too excited.

Dates of photo's noted, and excitement under wraps on first viewing :)

Just thought folks might wanna see it

Ye that point is for sure valid, but it does not really mean KotOR3 is in works or planned, could be they had TSL and K3 planned allready because the first game was so nice and when the rushed TSL wasnt as successful they decided against it.

But well:-) we shall see...hopefully anytime soon what the "LA/Bioware interactive conspiracy product" and the "TopSecret mysterious infamous Bioware MMO" are about

But well:-) we shall see...hopefully anytime soon what the "LA/Bioware interactive conspiracy product" and the "TopSecret mysterious infamous Bioware MMO" are about

First. We already know the "LA/Bioware interactive conspiracy product" is NOT Kotor. LucasArts confirmed this:

"We've announced that we're working with the developer on a project, but it has nothing to do with Knights of the Old Republic."

Second. EA said that "The MMO in development at BioWare Austin is listed a 'New MMO,'". I think there's little room for a speculation here.

And finally, Chris Priestly from Bioware cut off all the speculation:

I can say there is no KotOR3 from BioWare since there is no KotOR3 from BioWare.

Bioware is NOT working on Kotor 3, neither on Kotor MMORPG. And it seems that Obsidian is not either, since they're currently busy with developing Aliens RPG game, and unannounced title for Sega. Wich means Kotor 3/MMO is not being developed at this time.

EDIT:

Some interesting discovery. I typed "Dashaad" in Google, and came across http://www.studiodenmark.com, wich appears to be a website of artworks/illustrations/concepts designers. One of them is Molly Denmark, who has worked copule of times for LusacArts already. I checked her gallery, and found this:

Dashaad:

dashaadvm0.jpg

Taloraan:

taloraan01vw6.jpg

Ossus:

ossusxy5.jpg

Right now I'm 100% sure these (as well as James Zhang's ones) are indeed the concepts from cancelled Kotor3 project. It seems that pre-development started in the middle of 2004 (and after short time the project was cancelled. What a coincidence. It happened shortly Jim Ward became LucasArts President). The pictures I posted have 2004 date on them. Same as in Zhang's. Also, the name of planet Dashaad appears + you can see the same ship as in this James Zhang artwork. A little comprasion:

comprasionzb6.jpg

No more proofs needed. All of the concepts looks great! Hopefully more will leak! :D

Archived